The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by electro14
Thank you very much!! I not going to choose the russia/ukraine crisis but how would that affect linklaters or law firms in general?

No problem! Hmmmm I'm not too sure myself apart from I know some law firms have said that they haven't been getting much work in their Moscow offices since there has been a decline in interest in doing work and deals over there because of what has been going on.
Reply 721
Has anyone taken the Clifford Chance verbal reasoning test yet? Was the test provider SHL?
I remember the days when there used to be news on this thread
How many firms are you guys applying to and what do you think is the best number of amount to apply to? also do firms get angry when you submit the application right before the deadline?
Original post by That Was So Funny!
I remember the days when there used to be news on this thread

To be honest after this afternoon we can probably forget about getting anything until next Monday
Original post by J-SP
Most teams will have had no one in between 25 Dec to 5 Jan, or at best had one person in just to cover the phones/emails.

Things will pick up next week once everyone's back in the office.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - will forget about it now til Monday then :smile:
Original post by J-SP
Most law firms have shut their London offices on Friday 2 Jan.

I have been in contact with a number of individuals in different firms and keep getting out of offices saying someone will respond on or after 5 Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, that's the Monday :smile:
Reply 727
Original post by ZaraW
Has anyone taken the Clifford Chance verbal reasoning test yet? Was the test provider SHL?

I think it was an SHL. You just have to follow your intuition- the first answer you come up with is usually the right one. I also find it quicker to read the questions first and then the paragraph containing the information. It's not very hard :smile: Good luck!
Reply 728
Original post by roro123
I think it was an SHL. You just have to follow your intuition- the first answer you come up with is usually the right one. I also find it quicker to read the questions first and then the paragraph containing the information. It's not very hard :smile: Good luck!

Thank you!!!
Friendly reminder to everyone on the thread that A&O applications close today :smile:
Original post by Kidioteque
Friendly reminder to everyone on the thread that A&O applications close today :smile:

Loving the Louis Litt avatar :teeth:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Loving the Louis Litt avatar :teeth:

Haha, cheers - I ought to change it really since I stopped watching it during season 4. Those damned investment bankers ruining everything... :lol:
PFO from A&O. Never did like them.
Reply 733
Also received a PFO from A&O. Great timing too.
when answering commercial awareness questions, do you have to put a source from where you got it from? e.g. professor Phillip or time magazine stated that or would you just word it yourself as your own?
Original post by de jure

PFO?
Original post by electro14
PFO?

PFO - Please F*** Off

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** off A&O, i wasted a day of potential revision on the app. *****

Original post by de jure

Sorry to hear that :s-smilie: When did you guys send off the app?
(edited 9 years ago)

Hey, can I ask when you applied?

& happy new year All :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending