Original post by NinjaPandaa
Omg is that a joke?! What were your gcses like? I feel so bad for you :frown:

Have you heard from your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE:
5A* 4A 1C (PE)

AS:
AAAABCC

(Maths F Maths Chem Bio Physics PE Gen Studies)

A2:
A* Maths, A*A*A*A* predicted in F Maths Chem Bio Physics

(All with extenuating circumstances)

Well I have an offer from UCL, hear from Oxford in a week and LSE have told me to wait another 4 weeks. Have to wait till April for Harvard, Stanford, Yale, UCLA and McGill.

Hoping for Oxford though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
Nice! How was your cambridge interview? Have you heard any news from those unis?

Cambo interview wasn't too bad, but I'm gonna have to wait until next week to hear if I got in or not. Still nothing from LSE :frown: :frown: but got ucl, exeter and Warwick so just waiting to hear from the others really so I can start firming offers and planning etc. wbu mate?
Original post by chughes17
I got rejected from Warwick with 1A* in hand (Maths), 4 more A* predicted. Apparently my academic profile wasn't as good as other candidates..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard someone with my AS level grades and predicted grades AAA got into Warwick this year!Really feel bad for you!
Original post by jchap9776
Cambo interview wasn't too bad, but I'm gonna have to wait until next week to hear if I got in or not. Still nothing from LSE :frown: :frown: but got ucl, exeter and Warwick so just waiting to hear from the others really so I can start firming offers and planning etc. wbu mate?

Excellent! Which college did you apply to? I was going to apply to St Catz but i got the B in economics so that was out of the window :/ LSE are taking their time lol what stage you at? I am at the 7th week of the 8 week email haha congrats on UCL exeter and warwick! Yh man sure; what are you planning on firming etc - You're spoilt for choice lol! Me personally, I have Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Waiting on UCL and LSE. I plan on firming UCL / LSE and insurance Warwick.
Original post by chughes17
GCSE:
5A* 4A 1C (PE)

AS:
AAAABCC

(Maths F Maths Chem Bio Physics PE Gen Studies)

A2:
A* Maths, A*A*A*A* predicted in F Maths Chem Bio Physics

(All with extenuating circumstances)

Well I have an offer from UCL, hear from Oxford in a week and LSE have told me to wait another 4 weeks. Have to wait till April for Harvard, Stanford, Yale, UCLA and McGill.

Hoping for Oxford though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's absolutely insane you did 7 AS subjects and an A2?! Woah did you query it or anything?

All the best for oxford though, they'd be foolish to reject you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's absolutely insane you did 7 AS subjects and an A2?! Woah did you query it or anything?

All the best for oxford though, they'd be foolish to reject you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I asked why, they just sent a generic email about others being stronger! Oh well it was only a worst case scenario for me so as soon as I got UCL, Warwick almost went out the window anyway. Thanks, I think my interviews went well but will have to wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Excellent! Which college did you apply to? I was going to apply to St Catz but i got the B in economics so that was out of the window :/ LSE are taking their time lol what stage you at? I am at the 7th week of the 8 week email haha congrats on UCL exeter and warwick! Yh man sure; what are you planning on firming etc - You're spoilt for choice lol! Me personally, I have Warwick, Nottingham and Bath. Waiting on UCL and LSE. I plan on firming UCL / LSE and insurance Warwick.

Cheers mate, I applied to Jesus :smile: yeah I'm 7th week aswell, think my 8 weeks end on the 2nd jan but I don't think I'll hear until late jan/early feb. I'd firm camb/lse if I get an offer but I thought ucl looked awesome - don't know what I'm gonna do about insurance as all the offers I've had are a*aa or higher - so I'm screwed in that regard! Ah well done on your offers, lse/ucl are defo the places to be - maybe I'll see you there! Haha
With a lot of difficulty haha I just spoke about Keynsian economics and the benefits / cons of fiscal policy on a government in defecit. Then went to talk about work experience in a finance dept. and my Young enterprise company etc. I got a B at AS economics so couldn't apply to the top 5 unis. But, as it is the name of the uni that counts, i applied to a similar but different course at LSE and Warwick.
Offers - AAA bath, warwick AABB or AAA Nottingham. Waiting on UCL and LSE

Where and what kind of work experience did you do? :smile:
Original post by strawberrysnow
Where and what kind of work experience did you do? :smile:

My dad knows someone at an engineering firm who works in the finance dept, and i just did some basic accounting stuff with him and did some evaluation on whether certain projects were financially viable in the long and short term ie had to have at least a certain percentage return etc. Was only for 2 days though...
Original post by jchap9776
Cheers mate, I applied to Jesus :smile: yeah I'm 7th week aswell, think my 8 weeks end on the 2nd jan but I don't think I'll hear until late jan/early feb. I'd firm camb/lse if I get an offer but I thought ucl looked awesome - don't know what I'm gonna do about insurance as all the offers I've had are a*aa or higher - so I'm screwed in that regard! Ah well done on your offers, lse/ucl are defo the places to be - maybe I'll see you there! Haha

JESUS christ that's good... yh sorry, not very punny... jokes aside, LSE sent out that they are putting a 2 week delay onto everything due to Xmas, so yh i am expecting to hear back from them mid feb ( end of feb / early march taking the 2 weeks into account ) haha of course gotta firm Cambridge lol UCl looks great i agree, tho LSE has in my opinion more feng shui if you can call it that?!? i wouldn't worry, if you are applying to A*AA min places then that surely shows you expect to surpass that. But yh LSE / UCL / Cambridge ftw haha LSE better be ready lol :smile:
JESUS christ that's good... yh sorry, not very punny... jokes aside, LSE sent out that they are putting a 2 week delay onto everything due to Xmas, so yh i am expecting to hear back from them mid feb ( end of feb / early march taking the 2 weeks into account ) haha of course gotta firm Cambridge lol UCl looks great i agree, tho LSE has in my opinion more feng shui if you can call it that?!? i wouldn't worry, if you are applying to A*AA min places then that surely shows you expect to surpass that. But yh LSE / UCL / Cambridge ftw haha LSE better be ready lol :smile:

banter, yeah lse is a longting - idk still a bit torn between Cambridge and lse but yh. yeah I too feel lse has an edge over ucl but idk they're both decent. ah cheers , i'll have to just work hard enough to get the grades. yeah haha, got to keep the flow of city hopefuls at LSE high! :biggrin: lol
Wawrick or UCL? Minus a preference of living in London or not
Reply 2252
Original post by jayjay531

UCL has a slight edge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jayjay531

Difficult to say, Warwick's done better in recent UK rankings but UCL slightly edges them in global rankings (presumably the London effect making it more well known)
If you're picking between the two you may as well choose based on location because I'm not sure there'll be that much difference between the two :smile:
Who's received an offer from Warwick? I applied in October and heard nothing yet:frown:
Original post by Anaarutyunyan
Who's received an offer from Warwick? I applied in October and heard nothing yet:frown:

I have an offer, applied very beginning of oct and heard in November

I wouldn't worry too much though, a fair few people have already been rejected so no news doesn't mean bad news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer, applied very beginning of oct and heard in November

I wouldn't worry too much though, a fair few people have already been rejected so no news doesn't mean bad news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some of them people have my grades so has made me panic more, I mean if they wanted me surely they would have replied already with an offer? :/
Some of them people have my grades so has made me panic more, I mean if they wanted me surely they would have replied already with an offer? :/

What are your grades/predictions?

And nah I wouldn't stress, some people who got cambridge offers didn't hear from warwick until march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your grades/predictions?

And nah I wouldn't stress, some people who got cambridge offers didn't hear from warwick until march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE: 8 A* 2A
AS: 4A
Predicted: 3A* and a in AS FM
I really do not want to wait until march :redface:
GCSE: 8 A* 2A
AS: 4A
Predicted: 3A* and a in AS FM
I really do not want to wait until march :redface:

Yeah I don't think you've got much to worry about your grades are great

Posted from TSR Mobile