The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
Tis a shame. Israel is not perfect but i really don't see why people support the formation of another poor, Muslim state that has also showed the world it's people are happy to be led by ultra-religious nutters.

I'd much prefer a Palestinian resistance movement that is secular and progressive, like the Kurdish resistance movement (mostly) is. But that's a separate question to whether the Palestinians deserve human and political rights.
Original post by KingStannis
Isreal are a country under seige, and you wonder why they fight back.

Generally if you're under siege your cities are surrounded by other people's troops, rather than the other way round, as is the case with Israel.
Hamas is only a symptom of the Palestinian oppression. Hamas came into being much later after Israel started its oppression and terrorism. After the birth of Hamas it was much easier to justify its terrorism.

All who are calling for the destruction of Hamas as the solution to this conflict should learn their history.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KingStannis
Isreal are a country under seige, and you wonder why they fight back.

Do you also wonder why Palestinians want to kick Israeli occupation out?

Israel was set up through the UN yet the US has to do veto dozens of resolutions against Israel. If not for the US, Israel would have been seen as a rogue state breaking international law day in, day out.

If the UN betrays Palestine once again then Palestine has no other option but to self-destruct. And we know what that means to Hamas.
What a big surprise, the US protects Israel once again in the Security Council. The US says no to unilateral moves, but wait a second, what about when Israel makes unilateral moves, like annexing large swaths of Palestinian land, or building an Apartheid barrier, 85% of which is built on Palestinian land, or imposing an illegal blockade of Gaza, and the list goes on and on ... The UN is a puppet show when a vote like 8-2 is basically a vote like 5-5!!! The 5 permanent members ought not have veto power to resolutions. Many have been scuttled in the past by the US concerning Israel, even when the votes are 14-1. What a joke to pretend that you are an honest broker in the conflict in which you protect one side, arm one side, dismiss war crimes investigations against the one side, and all the while claiming to be working for a just solution.

The Uk another lap dog of the US also voted no, this will only further fuel extreemism and hatred in the region. The Palestinians are always told to take the peaceful route but when that fails again and again what do you do.

Also another surprise it is recieving minimal to no coverage on the BBC.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe if the Palestinians took the peaceful route they'd be more successful.
Original post by MatureStudent36

What do you do when it doesn't work again extreemist jews which Israel is made up of.

Maybe if eastern European colonization of Palestinian land was ended they would resort to throwing rocks at heavy armored tanks
Original post by golden tribe
Maybe if eastern European colonization of Palestinian land was ended they would resort to throwing rocks at heavy armored tanks

Your point is?
So I can effectively say may God gave me this house 8 thousand years ago and get a free house. Good way to deal with housing crises
Original post by shahbaz
What do you do when it doesn't work again extreemist jews which Israel is made up of.

Have the Palestinians ever tried te peaceful route?

They've been conducting indiscriminate rocket attacks against Israel since 2001. They shifted to rocket attacks because the ten plus years of suicide attacks against Israeli civilians hadn't worked.

So that the last thirty to forty year of Palestinian violence accounted for.

One if the main problems is that the Palestinian leadership need a back drop of violence to gain support. Without the back drop of violence theres to much risk of Palestinians asking why their politicians are useless
Original post by shahbaz
Your point is?

End colonization of Palestine by eastern Europeans
Have the Palestinians ever tried te peaceful route?

They've been conducting indiscriminate rocket attacks against Israel since 2001. They shifted to rocket attacks because the ten plus years of suicide attacks against Israeli civilians hadn't worked.

So that the last thirty to forty year of Palestinian violence accounted for.

One if the main problems is that the Palestinian leadership need a back drop of violence to gain support. Without the back drop of violence theres to much risk of Palestinians asking why their politicians are useless

Everything has a reason, things like this make them resort to violence.

Mate, its a losing battle supporting Israel, just compare death tolls they use jets and warships on the palestinians, the Palestinians use home-made rockets. The main reason this bid was put forward was due to Israeli settlements displacing the Palestinians from their own land.
Original post by shahbaz
Everything has a reason, things like this make them resort to violence.

Mate, its a losing battle supporting Israel, just compare death tolls they use jets and warships on the palestinians, the Palestinians use home-made rockets. The main reason this bid was put forward was due to Israeli settlements displacing the Palestinians from their own land.

I support neither side as the Palestinian conflict doesn't impact on me.

The Palestinians are firing some homemade rockets, but with Iranian support.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/22272
I support neither side as the Palestinian conflict doesn't impact on me.

The Palestinians are firing some homemade rockets, but with Iranian support.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/22272

LOL have you seen how much millitary aid the US gives Israel you wont believe it, your fighting a losing battle.
Original post by shahbaz
LOL have you seen how much millitary aid the US gives Israel you wont believe it, your fighting a losing battle.

Israel gets a lot of aid from the US. But it doesn't detract from the fact that Israel is surrounded by historically hostile neighbours.

I don't know if you seem to think the rise is turning against Israel, but it may have missed you by that Arab nations in general seem to be collapsing in on themselves.
Isn't it ironic that the USA stole the Native Americans homeland and now they are supporting Israel doing the same to the Palestinians
Israel gets a lot of aid from the US. But it doesn't detract from the fact that Israel is surrounded by historically hostile neighbours.

I don't know if you seem to think the rise is turning against Israel, but it may have missed you by that Arab nations in general seem to be collapsing in on themselves.

Tbh I dont blame Arab nations they have been invaded multiple times, after each time a dictator was installed, or the country collapsed into civil war, take Iraq for instance.
Original post by al_94
Isn't it ironic that the USA stole the Native Americans homeland and now they are supporting Israel doing the same to the Palestinians

Thats how they spread their so called "Freedom".
After the Gaza fiasco, who would support independence for the West Bank too? Not me, that's for sure. Israel should withdraw from expanding settlements in that area though.

Latest

Trending

Trending