The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse geography! !!

How do you revise for GCSE Geography? What did you get?Thank you
Reply 1
Hey so im in yr 11 so ive not done the exam yet but i have done both the controlled assessments and got full marks in them. My teacher said because i have scored so high i dont even have to sit the exam and ive already got a c grade. So try your best to get high in controlled assessments so there is less stress if you get a few questions wrong in the exam. I am predicted an A*. I revise for geography by using revision guides, revision notes from online and making revision cards. I find it extremely helpful. My teacher set us a task to make notes on record cards using the revision power-point he made for us. It is very useful. I bought 9 packs of those record cards and now im aiming to make those revision cards for all my subjects. They help a lot because when you write it out it makes more sense. I made colourful titles and used colours which makes it more appealing so easier to read.

record cards : http://www.ryman.co.uk/silvine-record-cards-ruled-127x77mm-pack-of-100

So if you want use your books and revision guides + notes to make these little cards.

If you dont think you will like making them then what i do for some of my subjects is make folders. For science every chapter i make notes. For example chapter 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 chapter 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and so on and write a page on each. If takes a lot of time but helps with my understanding. And because i do triple science i prefer to make a folder because there is a lot to write for each chapter. However because i find Geog easy i like making the simple revision cards rather than writing pages.

You can try each but for geog i would recommend the revision cards and revision Guide.

Message me if you need any help

Rep me if you thought this was useful :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Aty100
Hey so im in yr 11 so ive not done the exam yet but i have done both the controlled assessments and got full marks in them. My teacher said because i have scored so high i dont even have to sit the exam and ive already got a c grade. So try your best to get high in controlled assessments so there is less stress if you get a few questions wrong in the exam. I am predicted an A*. I revise for geography by using revision guides, revision notes from online and making revision cards. I find it extremely helpful. My teacher set us a task to make notes on record cards using the revision power-point he made for us. It is very useful. I bought 9 packs of those record cards and now im aiming to make those revision cards for all my subjects. They help a lot because when you write it out it makes more sense. I made colourful titles and used colours which makes it more appealing so easier to read.

record cards : http://www.ryman.co.uk/silvine-record-cards-ruled-127x77mm-pack-of-100

So if you want use your books and revision guides + notes to make these little cards.

If you dont think you will like making them then what i do for some of my subjects is make folders. For science every chapter i make notes. For example chapter 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 chapter 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and so on and write a page on each. If takes a lot of time but helps with my understanding. And because i do triple science i prefer to make a folder because there is a lot to write for each chapter. However because i find Geog easy i like making the simple revision cards rather than writing pages.

You can try each but for geog i would recommend the revision cards and revision Guide.

Message me if you need any help

Rep me if you thought this was useful :wink:

Thank you so much!!:biggrin:
This helped a lot!:yep::yep:
I'll keep in contact if I need any help .Thanks:smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by diana99
Thank you so much!!:biggrin:
This helped a lot!:yep::yep:
I'll keep in contact if I need any help .Thanks:smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome :smile:
Glad i could help
Can you possibly rep me ?
Reply 4
Original post by Aty100
Your welcome :smile:
Glad i could help
Can you possibly rep me ?

What does rep mean?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by diana99
What does rep mean?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL are you trolling or u serious. Haha well either way its the reputation thing, the positive rating, the thumbs up :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Aty100
LOL are you trolling or u serious. Haha well either way its the reputation thing, the positive rating, the thumbs up :biggrin:

Sorry Lol I'm being serious I'm new to the student room haha.:biggrin: What does trolling mean? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by diana99
Sorry Lol I'm being serious I'm new to the student room haha.:biggrin: What does trolling mean? :redface:

Oh and I gave you a rep haha:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by diana99

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, trolling: kidding, joking
Rep: reputation. You see the thumbs up on the bottom left hand side of every comment? You click that to give a positive rating which increases a persons rep. If you click my username and go onto my profile , you will see my profile picture on its left hand side it says give rep and under it says what is rep. Read that bit and you will understand it.
Reply 9
Original post by Aty100
Okay, trolling: kidding, joking
Rep: reputation. You see the thumbs up on the bottom left hand side of every comment? You click that to give a positive rating which increases a persons rep. If you click my username and go onto my profile , you will see my profile picture on its left hand side it says give rep and under it says what is rep. Read that bit and you will understand it.

Lool okay thanks .I understand now :mmm::colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by diana99
Lool okay thanks .I understand now :mmm::colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont worry, ur welcome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending