The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tom, do you find yourself being romantically interested in one sex more than the other but sexually interested in both? Just wondering can tell me to mind my own if you like.
Lol at pussyclart I died.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Na man you're either gay or straight, you must be gay as you always talk about boys and their attractiveness. I'm guessing you cook and clean whilst the man of the house goes out to work, is his dinner on the table for him when he gets back?

so insensitive. just cost there's no equality for same sex couples in your culture doesn't mean u can bash other people. You're a disgrace

Posted from TSR Mobile
Height makes a difference to your life outcomes for sure. Check out the average height of US presidents or hedge fund managers etc, people just invariably associate it with manliness and so competence, testosterone etc. I think it just makes you more confident generally. Even walking down the street late at night you just dont think about getting robbed etc whereas someone of 5'9 probably would.

It's not an achievement to be tall of course, but neither is having a high IQ or being attractive. Just the luck of genetics isnt it.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I like girls too man, so therefore I am bi. And yes, I like cooking dinner for my partner but it does not mean I am any less empowered in the relationship. Guys with women must learn this too, it does not mean they are any less empowered. Instead they're too busy wanting to seem "alpha" and "lads" :rolleyes:. It's a turnoff. Me and my partner both like to share the cooking when we are at home together.

Yeah maybe. I agree on some points, it takes a strong man to be able to take on a woman's role in a same sex relationship.
Original post by Zürich
Height makes a difference to your life outcomes for sure. Check out the average height of US presidents or hedge fund managers etc, people just invariably associate it with manliness and so competence, testosterone etc.

Remember reading that in a huge corporate company (think it may have been banking) in the U.S. 95% of employees were over 6'0", and this is despite their being such a minority of people over this height in the country.
That's generally if you go higher (6'4"+), medically speaking I'm fairly sure 6'2" is optimum though Isometrix will know this better than me. That's true, but the point I was making is that 6'2" ugly will get more girls than 5'10" ugly, and same applies if both are good looking.

That's a false statement that I'll choose to ignore.

Height and looks aren't that important you know. I doubt girls will automatically choose a taller guy over the shorter one.
Original post by Zürich
Height makes a difference to your life outcomes for sure.

Aren't you still unemployed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember reading that in a huge corporate company (think it may have been banking) in the U.S. 95% of employees were over 6'0", and this is despite their being such a minority of people over this height in the country.

Ive worked in banks and 100% you notice that people are just taller. Also more midgets though with chips on their shoulder though tbf.
Original post by The.Joker
Height and looks aren't that important you know. I doubt girls will automatically choose a taller guy over the shorter one.

Looks definitely are. No doubt about it. And it's not even a bad thing.

Yes they will it's a fact of life. Just like they'll choose the richer, more desirable one as well, just like guys are more shallow and will pick the prettier girl. Not saying personality doesn't matter but these things are just as if not more important.
:rofl:
Original post by Zürich
Ive worked in banks and 100% you notice that people are just taller. Also more midgets though with chips on their shoulder though tbf.

Always tell my brother he's got an advantage at 6'4" :laugh:
Original post by Parano!d
Aren't you still unemployed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive been talking with people all month tbf, takes about 2 days to get things moving for me when I see something I like.

Not sure what you plan on doing with your life, something dreadfully average I presume for someone of your own assumed abilities. Incidentally, I could not care less but I appreciate your own interest in my life. That speaks volumes :smile:
That's generally if you go higher (6'4"+), medically speaking I'm fairly sure 6'2" is optimum though Isometrix will know this better than me. That's true, but the point I was making is that 6'2" ugly will get more girls than 5'10" ugly, and same applies if both are good looking.

That's a false statement that I'll choose to ignore.

Not true at all... i'm 6ft1 and dog ugly, my face would probably look better with a brown paper bag over it. Being a few inches taller doesn't suddenly make you a better person or more appealing.

Looks are obviously important as well, not sure why people suggest otherwise :dontknow:
Original post by Wilfred Little

They are important don't get me wrong but if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone then their personality triumphs since their good looks would eventually fade away as they get older.
Yes they will it's a fact of life. Just like they'll choose the richer, more desirable one as well, just like guys are more shallow and will pick the prettier girl. Not saying personality doesn't matter but these things are just as if not more important.

Not everyone is shallow like that though. Each to their own I guess...
Original post by Wilfred Little

Ooh careful, don't want to be labelled superficial do you. :mmm:
Original post by Zürich
Ive been talking with people all month tbf, takes about 2 days to get things moving for me when I see something I like.

Not sure what you plan on doing with your life, something dreadfully average I presume for someone of your own assumed abilities. Incidentally, I could not care less but I appreciate your own interest in my life. That speaks volumes :smile:

With RBS as an analyst, on 50k after 2 years. IB is the game. Call me when you reach my level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are important don't get me wrong but if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone then their personality triumphs since their good looks would eventually fade away as they get older.

Probably true. For me personally once you're at a certain level then it doesn't matter after that.

My last girlfriend was really good looking, had a nice big batty, large breasts, wavy brunette hair, impeccably groomed etc, spot on but dull as dishwater, an airhead and generally shallow. Think Kim K in personality.

I would take an objectively speaking, less better looking over that but if they had bad hygiene, were seriously overweight, bad skin etc it wouldn't matter how great their personality was.

In my opinion of course.

Latest