The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer to do Politics and International Relations BocSocSci AAB. Have BBCC AS level, predicted AAB\ABB with A* in EPQ
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by PearJosh
About these open days, is people planning to come on their own or with their parents?

I'm going with my Dad, but mainly for the transport. What about you?
Original post by marco14196
Yep they interview on the visit day. you would have been given a letter for the visit day telling you that you would be interviewed to get on your course. Its quite an informal interview though, just be calm, relax, answer their questions(why are you on the course, where do you hope it will lead to etc.) And one thing. If they offer you a place, dont come out the room looking excited and telling your tour group youve been given an offer like I did, it can un nerve and upset a few people, big oops on my part.

It doesn't on my applicant letter, and i already have my offer so it wouldn't be to get on my course...are you sure this isn't subject specific?
Reply 1183
I applied 2 days ago to Aerospace Engineering, how long should it take till i get a reply?
Since it's Christmas, it will probably take until after the holidays, or even more.

Don't let it get to you, you shouldn't be waiting for a reply in the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OmarZ
I applied 2 days ago to Aerospace Engineering, how long should it take till i get a reply?

Original post by scaddywhack
Since it's Christmas, it will probably take until after the holidays, or even more.

Don't let it get to you, you shouldn't be waiting for a reply in the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. I talked to some Manchester applicants on fb and they said they got their offer a week after applying. You should probably expect them to get back to you after Jan 5th. I applied one week before the winter break and I haven't heard from them since then. They might wait until the ucas Jan 15th deadline to make a decision on some applications.
Howdy! I'm a first year Pharmacy student studying at the University of Manchester. Currently I'm living in halls, Sheavyn House and if anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll try my best to answer them (or ask someone for you). I can post photos for things too if you want. Anything to try and help you make decisions.
Original post by MPharmLass
Howdy! I'm a first year Pharmacy student studying at the University of Manchester. Currently I'm living in halls, Sheavyn House and if anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll try my best to answer them (or ask someone for you). I can post photos for things too if you want. Anything to try and help you make decisions.

How are you finding Sheavyn? It's one of my final 5 or 6 that i'm trying to cut down to 3!
I absolutely love Sheavyn! Out of all the other accommodations that I've been in, this one I have found perfect for me and for my flatmates too I think. Where are your other undecided five?
I absolutely love Sheavyn! Out of all the other accommodations that I've been in, this one I have found perfect for me and for my flatmates too I think. Where are your other undecided five?

Is sheavyn one of the "party" halls? What would you say are the party halls of fallowfield?

Ashburne, Hulme, Oak House & Whitworth Park
Original post by Tai Ga
Is sheavyn one of the "party" halls? What would you say are the party halls of fallowfield?

Ah man. It's hard to kind of answer that. Everywhere has party's going on at different times, every weekend generally has something kicking off. It's less the halls that are the party places and more the people living in them. There's a load of people in my flat who like having parties and they're generally getting mortal every Friday, but then there's other flats that are silent all the time. I've been to parties in Sheavyn, Oak House and Owens Park, but I'd hate to start labelling them.
Sheavyn, Ashburne, Richmond and Woolton are maybe quieter most nights?
Everywhere gets parties, you either join in or get used to it :biggrin:
Any opinions on the Victoria Halls? They look nice from the pictures, are catered within walking distance from the university but don't know too much beyond that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh..just found that Physics at Manchester has 51% people getting firsts, which is a lot higher than the other unis I've looked at O_o ...is that likely to be due to good teaching or just because of a good/talented cohort?

Source: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/study/10007798FT-259/ReturnTo/Search

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Ooh..just found that Physics at Manchester has 51% people getting firsts, which is a lot higher than the other unis I've looked at O_o ...is that likely to be due to good teaching or just because of a good/talented cohort?

Source: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/study/10007798FT-259/ReturnTo/Search

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say a bit of both but maybe a talented cohort - 2 A*s and an A as a minimum requirement is quite high!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1195
I also haven't been told about an interview.. I'm sure it must be subject specific
I have an interview for chemical engineering, peeing me pants for it.
Ah man. It's hard to kind of answer that. Everywhere has party's going on at different times, every weekend generally has something kicking off. It's less the halls that are the party places and more the people living in them. There's a load of people in my flat who like having parties and they're generally getting mortal every Friday, but then there's other flats that are silent all the time. I've been to parties in Sheavyn, Oak House and Owens Park, but I'd hate to start labelling them.
Sheavyn, Ashburne, Richmond and Woolton are maybe quieter most nights?
Everywhere gets parties, you either join in or get used to it :biggrin:

Would you say that Victoria Park as a whole would be less party? So if you don't like the mad partying people, the best bet is Victoria Park?
Reply 1198
Original post by Lkathryn08
I have an interview for chemical engineering, peeing me pants for it.

I wouldn't stress at all you already have the offer basically and the interviews are like a lil chat
Original post by raick1
I wouldn't stress at all you already have the offer basically and the interviews are like a lil chat

I had to do some maths questions for him and then he applied it to chemistry and asked more questions, most of it was ok

Latest

Trending

Trending