The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Nothing. I was working a 5 till 5 shift today and I'm working at 5am tomorrow morning too :smile:

Every other year I usually head out to the fireworks though. Not doing that this time though they can piss right off charging 10 pound to enter central london wtf

Urgh AR, I commend you. That means you have to wake up at like what 3:30am or something?

I know right! Last year I was like 'OK I'm deffo going central next year' only to find out you have to pay to just see the display :frown: absolute nonsense that is. At least the tube's free for about 6hours. Yay. Neighbours are doing fireworks, might just go watch that.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Urgh AR, I commend you. That means you have to wake up at like what 3:30am or something?

I know right! Last year I was like 'OK I'm deffo going central next year' only to find out you have to pay to just see the display :frown: absolute nonsense that is. At least the tube's free for about 6hours. Yay. Neighbours are doing fireworks, might just go watch that.

Yh I went last year although it kinda sucked. I was on Waterloo bridge (I think it's that) so was seeing the fireworks just from the side instead of having a front view. Add to that I had a few gay tamils try and barge in front of us though but it didn't work. Don't know what it is about new year but everyone goes bat**** for no reason but it's a hilarious night. I definitely enjoy it more than Christmas day.

I wake up at 4:30 and leave at 4:50. Only takes 10mins to get there by car opposed to the 40 it would with traffic..
(edited 9 years ago)
Im studying on new years eve lol
Original post by AR_95
Yh I went last year although it kinda sucked. I was on Waterloo bridge (I think it's that) so was seeing the fireworks just from the side instead of having a front view. Add to that I had a few gay tamils try and barge in front of us though but it didn't work. Don't know what it is about new year but everyone goes bat**** for no reason but it's a hilarious night. I definitely enjoy it more than Christmas day.

I wake up at 4:30 and leave at 4:50. Only takes 10mins to get there by car opposed to the 40 it would with traffic..

Ahh yeah I see what you mean lol, if you don't get a good view or aren't in the mix of it all no point going. My family and I are always so damn late for everything so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea :lol:

So it only takes you 20 mins to get ready? :eek: not bad at all haha!
Ahh yeah I see what you mean lol, if you don't get a good view or aren't in the mix of it all no point going. My family and I are always so damn late for everything so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea :lol:

So it only takes you 20 mins to get ready? :eek: not bad at all haha!

No it would probably take longer. I'm barely awake and have time to shave or eat anything it's mostly just sitting on the toilet seat trying to wake up for 10 minutes
I'm probably the only one who thinks New Years is overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fireworks - biggest waste of money going.
What are people doing for new years?

Quiet night in for me tbh, do some work and gonna go gym (Pls don't judge). You?
Original post by Isometrix

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I don't understand the hype over New Years.

I'll probs be asleep before the fireworks begin :lol:
Original post by Isometrix

Posted from TSR Mobile

The idea of a new year is over rated yes

The night isn't though, it's not so bad
Reply 9731
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Quiet night in for me tbh, do some work and gonna go gym (Pls don't judge). You?

Quite jelly that your gym is open tonight
Original post by AR_95
The idea of a new year is over rated yes

The night isn't though, it's not so bad

Yeh it's fun getting pissed up with mates.

I have to spend it with fam though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I miss Luke's rampaging on this forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fideo
Quite jelly that your gym is open tonight

Gym isn't open, gone to a mates who has a home gym lel.

Spoiler

Reply 9735
Gym isn't open, gone to a mates who has a home gym lel.

Spoiler

Quite jelly that you have a mate

Spoiler

Original post by Fideo
Quite jelly that you have a mate

Spoiler

Imagine it's hard to make friends when you are...

Spoiler

Reply 9737
Imagine it's hard to make friends when you are...

Spoiler

Fideo be like

Spoiler

Original post by Fideo
Fideo be like

Spoiler

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Life is pretty ****ing sweet tbh.

Latest