I'm not sure how I feel about being called Foxy but cheers mate:lol:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Post Clannad depression again? :tongue:

Nah I was actually happy at the end this time:redface:
Original post by Princepieman
The american SATs?

I've done them along with subject tests and they weren't too bad. Hopefully applying/reapplying next year to some US unis.

Yeah. I'm thinking some American Unis (possibly)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
x

Yeah that bit turns my eyes into taps:cry:

but spoiler tag it (couple of people on this thread are watching it currently)
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah that bit turns my eyes into taps:cry:

but spoiler tag it (couple of people on this thread are watching it currently)

I felt a bit funny :/. Next episode now.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by keromedic
I felt a bit funny :/. Next episode now.

I'd label the spoiler too:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I'd label the spoiler too:tongue:

It's fine. They'll figure it out.
Original post by Red Fox
Nah I was actually happy at the end this time:redface:

Btw my friend just showed me this, didn't notice it first time I read it :lol:

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8
Btw my friend just showed me this, didn't notice it first time I read it :lol:

Spoiler

Lol I didn't see that either, they really are trying to make this team look like the biggest bunt of ***** on this planet:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Lol I didn't see that either, they really are trying to make this team look like the biggest bunt of ***** on this planet:lol:

Honestly, I think it's gonna go something like:

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8
Honestly, I think it's gonna go something like:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Red Fox

Spoiler

I've seen episode 49/50 so many times and they say something like:

Spoiler

Original post by Obiejess
Yeah. I'm thinking some American Unis (possibly)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool. Which ones are you looking at?

Alright, so the SAT is split up into a few sections: Math (verrrryyy easy hardly even GCSE level), Critical Reading (Can be tricky with time constraints but still straight forward) and Verbal/Writing.

Usually you have between 20-25 minutes to answer a set of questions, there are about three of these per section. The total time you'll be taking the exam for is ~3.5 hours give or take a few breaks.

For revision, get the massive 'blue book' Learn the techniques and do tonnes of practice papers.

I suggest doing the SAT in Yr 12 (preferably in the beginning). This allows as much time as possible to retake.

If you're applying to top unis like the Ivies + MIT, Stanford etc. Then you'll need to do subject tests. These should probably be based on what you'll be studying at A-level. 3 is the recommended amount you should do.

If you have anymore questions fire away!
Original post by Bude8
I've seen episode 49/50 so many times and they say something like:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cool. Which ones are you looking at?

Alright, so the SAT is split up into a few sections: Math (verrrryyy easy hardly even GCSE level), Critical Reading (Can be tricky with time constraints but still straight forward) and Verbal/Writing.

Usually you have between 20-25 minutes to answer a set of questions, there are about three of these per section. The total time you'll be taking the exam for is ~3.5 hours give or take a few breaks.

For revision, get the massive 'blue book' Learn the techniques and do tonnes of practice papers.

I suggest doing the SAT in Yr 12 (preferably in the beginning). This allows as much time as possible to retake.

If you're applying to top unis like the Ivies + MIT, Stanford etc. Then you'll need to do subject tests. These should probably be based on what you'll be studying at A-level. 3 is the recommended amount you should do.

If you have anymore questions fire away!

I'm thinking Harvard for Law. Maybe Yale. How are the subject exams organised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Evening folks. I'm another member of the staying in crew... a couple of my mates went abroad to visit family so we're going out to Central on Friday instead (will be less busy then anyway :wink: ). No doubt me and my fellow October baby friend will be the ones buying drinks for all the youngsters :tongue:

Anyway, hope 2015 is a great year for you all. May UCAS bring you all the offers you deserve :tongue:
I'm thinking Harvard for Law. Maybe Yale. How are the subject exams organised?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't do Law as an undergrad in the states, they are strictly postgraduate courses. It wouldn't be worthwhile doing a JD (Juris Doctor) because they are madly expensive ($200,000 total for three years) and you don't get as much financial aid as an undergrad would.

If you want to do law, either do it straight away in the UK or go to the states for undergrad and apply for training contracts that sponsor conversion degrees and LPCs here in the UK.

Also, you won't be applying for a specific subject you'll be applying to the university as a whole so there is more emphasis on ECs (extracurriculars), leadership potential and your personality in essays rather than why you want to do a subject.

The subject tests are usually 50-60 mins long and are completely multiple choice apart from a few exceptions. There are usually anywhere from 70-85 questions depending on the subject.

If you REALLY want to apply don't just punt one app at Harvard checkout some other Top 20 LACs and Universities and apply to around 5-8. Those sub 6% acceptance rates will be rough to overcome if you only apply to 1 or 2.
You can't do Law as an undergrad in the states, they are strictly postgraduate courses. It wouldn't be worthwhile doing a JD (Juris Doctor) because they are madly expensive ($200,000 total for three years) and you don't get as much financial aid as an undergrad would.

If you want to do law, either do it straight away in the UK or go to the states for undergrad and apply for training contracts that sponsor conversion degrees and LPCs here in the UK.

Also, you won't be applying for a specific subject you'll be applying to the university as a whole so there is more emphasis on ECs (extracurriculars), leadership potential and your personality in essays rather than why you want to do a subject.

The subject tests are usually 50-60 mins long and are completely multiple choice apart from a few exceptions. There are usually anywhere from 70-85 questions depending on the subject.

If you REALLY want to apply don't just punt one app at Harvard checkout some other Top 20 LACs and Universities and apply to around 5-8. Those sub 6% acceptance rates will be rough to overcome if you only apply to 1 or 2.

The idea was to major in History or something and then come back for a GDL :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The idea was to major in History or something and then come back for a GDL :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, solid plan then. My cousin goes to UChicago and says it's quite good for econ/history so definitely check them out.
Original post by Bude8
Apart from muting strings... Takes a while to get the hang of and I had no idea you even had to mute strings :redface: I was jamming with a friend when I just heard this awful noise (we were in a small room) and he told me something like the sound waves constantly hit the strings which make them ring :dontknow: I was looking at him touch strings that I hadn't played and that made the sound go away :redface:

True... but barre chords when you first start acoustic, that's pretty fun. Makes electric seem like a walk in the park. :tongue:Not sure what you mean by the soundwaves hitting strings? :s-smilie: But yes, touching strings that are ringing does make them stop. Have you found all the harmonics on your guitar yet? (You must have!) Worse thing is when you get part of a drum kit that resonates when you play a particular note on guitar. So annoying. :lol:

Latest