The Student Room Group

Too late for AAA?

Messed up big time last year, doing AS + A2, if I were to do 8 hours revision a day from tomorrow, is there even a chance that I can get AAA, or have I left it too late?
Original post by Nocoolnamesleft
Messed up big time last year, doing AS + A2, if I were to do 8 hours revision a day from tomorrow, is there even a chance that I can get AAA, or have I left it too late?

Well of course theres a chance. You still have plenty of time and it's not like you just physically can't get an A in an exam just because you havent started 10 months before.
You have a far better chance if you revise intelligently in that timeframe than the hordes who spend months vacantly skimming badly written notes.
Original post by Birkenhead
You have a far better chance if you revise intelligently in that timeframe than the hordes who spend months vacantly skimming badly written notes.

Define intelligently? I genuinely want to know bcaz my teacher says exactly the same
Reply 4

depends on the A levels ...
Original post by Itshafsaa
Define intelligently? I genuinely want to know bcaz my teacher says exactly the same

Identifying what you need to memorise/get your head around to score highly, and do so in as little time as possible without fluffing it. You need to find what method is most effective for you in doing this, but just make sure your revision actually has a view to training you to meet the requirements of the mark scheme.
Original post by Birkenhead
Identifying what you need to memorise/get your head around to score highly, and do so in as little time as possible without fluffing it. You need to find what method is most effective for you in doing this, but just make sure your revision actually has a view to training you to meet the requirements of the mark scheme.

Thank you
Original post by TeeEm
depends on the A levels ...

Maths, physics, computing.
Reply 8
Maths, physics, computing.

Around one grade improvement per subject I would imagine is reasonable.
There are only around 5 months left.
Original post by TeeEm

Got B's in my physics and maths mocks, as well as strong A's in AS maths mock and an A/B in AS physics mocks, just need to motivate myself to actually work this time around.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Got B's in my physics and maths mocks, as well as strong A's in AS maths mock and an A/B in physics mocks, just need to motivate myself to actually work this time around.

do-able
Do universities really care about your 4th AS?
Reply 12
Original post by TeeEm

ik people who went from uuuu in their mocks to aabb
I'd recommend you retake the whole year again. It's going to be difficult but you'll be able to do it if you do what @Birkenhead said.

I am 'only' retaking 4 modules from last year and I find it difficult to manage revision time.
Original post by Hody421
I'd recommend you retake the whole year again. It's going to be difficult but you'll be able to do it if you do what @Birkenhead said.

I am 'only' retaking 4 modules from last year and I find it difficult to manage revision time.

I was considering this. I'm probably not even going to be getting any university offers because of poor AS grades.
Original post by SubwayLover1
Do universities really care about your 4th AS?

I'm wondering the same thing! I got a D in an AS-level that i dropped last yr :frown:

Get back to me if you find anything out please.
Original post by sadeqrahman
I'm wondering the same thing! I got a D in an AS-level that i dropped last yr :frown:

Get back to me if you find anything out please.

At the moment, I am working at 3 A's and a C.
My plan is to do the epq next year :P
Original post by SubwayLover1
At the moment, I am working at 3 A's and a C.
My plan is to do the epq next year :P

3 A's and a C in AS or A2?
Reply 18
It's certainly possible but you haven't made it easy for yourself. The amount of content left to cover is probably significant and almost everyone would burn themselves out trying to cram it all in to a high standard by doing 8hrs+ a day (which is excessive btw). You'd have to master motivation and time management but it's possible IN THEORY.

Quick Reply

Latest