The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by donnaxx1231
i interviewed on the 16th and the lady said we would possibly hear bk on the 17th but this isnt guaranteed
i have still one letter to give them (do i have to mail it to them?), and havent heard anything yet..
is it really true tht i wont hear anything unless i give them the letter? cuz earlier in the thread i saw that they give out offers but just not official unless all documents are handed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I'm not wrong they said they would let you know of their decision hopefully by 4 weeks after your interview. Yup, they mentioned in the interview handout that no decision will be released until you have handed in all of your documents!

Original post by jamesjiang2015
So, do you know what has happened? Because while some applicant has already get an offer, we haven't heard anything yet...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say don't worry too much, if you meet their cut-off you're guaranteed an interview. My friend only got her interview in March/April...
Original post by KelseyL
Got an offer last week . Interview was on the 4 December.
Congrats!! Is George's your first choice? :smile:
Original post by hogsmeades
Congrats!! Is George's your first choice? :smile:

Nop! I have an interview in cardiff and one at kings. Both in January. Those are my first choices. Although I really likes St georges!
finally got the interview invitation email. they said they would get back to me with the fixed date in the new year
Original post by Paras Agarwal
finally got the interview invitation email. they said they would get back to me with the fixed date in the new year

Well done!:biggrin: did you get the email on Christmas Eve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Well done!:biggrin: did you get the email on Christmas Eve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah! :smile:
Original post by Paras Agarwal

Oh wow finally after waiting for so long! Good luck :smile:
Oh wow finally after waiting for so long! Good luck :smile:

Thank you and congratulations on your already achieved offer from St. Georges and good luck for your upcoming interviews at Sheffield and Aberdeen! :smile:
Do you think st georges ask "give an example of a time when you have shown (insert skill- delegation, communication, e.t.c) skills", questions? Or is it more general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1289
Just found this website!

Applied SGUL and have interview in March 2015. Kinda late compared to some of you guys. But I have requested for a slight change of dates as interview dates clash with classes and exam prep. Is this an unwise move? will they revoke my interview?
Any views/advice? Thanks!
Reply 1290
Original post by lazymedic
MMI's are bliss :smile: Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
Empathy
Initiative and resilience
Communication skills
Organisation and problem solving
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

:smile:

PM'd u just. I would like a copy pleease. thanks!!
Original post by M4eva
Just found this website!

Applied SGUL and have interview in March 2015. Kinda late compared to some of you guys. But I have requested for a slight change of dates as interview dates clash with classes and exam prep. Is this an unwise move? will they revoke my interview?
Any views/advice? Thanks!

I'm not too sure if that's a very valid reason... cause everyone else will also be busy with classes and exam prep. All the best nonetheless!
Anyone apply for biomedical science as a backup here
I was wondering if anyone new what the email offer holders got after meant
Do we have to send photocopies of our gcse and as results by the post or am I jusg getting comfused by what they said in the email they sent to biomedical science offer holders
Anyone else here applied for biomedical science at sgul

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you achieve the UKCAT cut off and academic requirements are you guaranteed an interview at SGUL?
Original post by TheUnicorn62
If you achieve the UKCAT cut off and academic requirements are you guaranteed an interview at SGUL?

Yes.

As far as I know, yehh u are :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys! If the criteria for interview is so simple don't understand why process is so long!
Thanks guys! If the criteria for interview is so simple don't understand why process is so long!

It's because there are such a vast number of applications who have achieved the requirements they have to sort them into some sort of order so they can interview all viable applicants in time for the deadline.

I know the wait is a pain went through it last year myself ...
But good luck all!
Original post by Layontheland
It's because there are such a vast number of applications who have achieved the requirements they have to sort them into some sort of order so they can interview all viable applicants in time for the deadline.

I know the wait is a pain went through it last year myself ...
But good luck all!

When did you get an invite to interview
Reply 1299
I'm not too sure if that's a very valid reason... cause everyone else will also be busy with classes and exam prep. All the best nonetheless!

To clarify, they asked me for preference of Feb or Mar. I choose Mar for said reasons but did not tell them reasons as none were asked for. I guess my question was would it have been beneficial to have just said either was fine rather than appear picky. Maybe I should stop being paranoid about this and just prep for the interview. just ordered 2 prep books
Thanks for reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending