The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahbaz
Tbh I dont blame Arab nations they have been invaded multiple times, after each time a dictator was installed, or the country collapsed into civil war, take Iraq for instance.

Arab nations seem to be doing a great job at ****ing things up themselves.
Hamas are terrorists, why should they be legitimized?
Good. I see no benefit in recognizing another Muslim nation at the cost of Jewish territory. Israel is not perfect by any means but it is preferable to a Palestinian state.
Good news the last thing the world needs is another muslim terrorist state
Original post by Rakas21
Good. I see no benefit in recognizing another Muslim nation at the cost of Jewish territory. Israel is not perfect by any means but it is preferable to a Palestinian state.

1. Do some research, it's not all Jewish territory.
2. The benefit is that it would make it harder, in theory, for Israel to displace Palestinians from their homes.
3. Are you saying the average Palestinian doesn't deserve to get back some of their own country? How would you feel if the ethnic minority in your country received majority of your country's land and formed another nation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reacher65
1. Do some research, it's not all Jewish territory.
2. The benefit is that it would make it harder, in theory, for Israel to displace Palestinians from their homes.
3. Are you saying the average Palestinian doesn't deserve to get back some of their own country? How would you feel if the ethnic minority in your country received majority of your country's land and formed another nation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main loser from this situation would be Israel. I don't much care given what the other Muslim countries around them are like.
Good.
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power is married to Cass Sunstein who is Jewish.She's Irish-American, presumably she has no Jewish ancestry in her and only real connection is her Jewish husband. Israel immigration most likely wouldn't allow her to live in Israel because she's not genetically Jewish.Why do so many non-Jews defend Israel and Jewish racism which in my opinion many people are victims of?
I'm not so much against a Jewish homeland, but what angers me is the Jews impose nothing but a double standard. Most people I see defend Israel apart from Jews themselves are White people! but why? Do White European people not understand that you are being robbed of your homeland? Whites will be a minority in Britain, France, Germany, Sweden and many others soon enough. Multiculturalism has JEWISH origins. Jews are using multiculturalism as a tactic of genocide against White people.You can't call Jews a race, but what the heck is the difference between race and people? Jews aren't genetically related to European people and have hardly intermixed in their long history here it's a fact. Jews are as much a race as there is a Black race a White race. Jews identify themselves as Jews, regardless of religion.
The Palestinians will never have their freedom through the UN. Israel and the USA are a part of the same body. Given how far the west went to create the illegal state of Israel I'm afraid no amount of pressure from the UN will further Palestines cause. It will have to be a military solution unfortunately. Israel for one will not step down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by R£SP£CT
The Palestinians will never have their freedom through the UN. Israel and the USA are a part of the same body. Given how far the west went to create the illegal state of Israel I'm afraid no amount of pressure from the UN will further Palestines cause. It will have to be a military solution unfortunately. Israel for one will not step down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Solution"? Why is the Palestinians, in the current state of being run by Hamas, having statehood a good thing?
Original post by Skip_Snip
"Solution"? Why is the Palestinians, in the current state of being run by Hamas, having statehood a good thing?

To understand this you need to go back in History. Why did the west push for an Israeli state? What is it about that Land that makes it "special"? There are ugly truths in the form of lies, deception, racism and bribery etc.

From day one Israel have been expanding. And they will continue to do so until they are content. Therein lies the danger. Having deposed of lots of Palestinians in addition to vast illegal settlements, Israel won't stop until her goal is reached. The Palestinians are fighting for a lost cause if they believe they can attain statehood through the UN.

Statehood recognises the legitimacy of a land with people within it. Strategically and diplomatically it is important as it gives Palestine some legs to stand on. It is not unexpected that Palestinians will utilise this avenue. I believe they will continue to do so for the forseeable future. The Hamas excuse is a redundant one. Israeli policy towards Palestinians is something that helped create this mess. Hamas are a by product of Western aggression(I use this term deliberately as it was Western aggression that created Israel in the first place and to this day Israeli aggression). The Palestinians being a dire state will clutch on to anything they can for hope of a future state. Hence some believe they will achieve this through Hamas and some via the UN.
Original post by R£SP£CT

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I'm probably going to regret asking this but how is Israel and illegal state?
Israeli settlement activity in Area C is a part of the Oslo Accords (agreed and signed by Yasser Arafat)

Unilateral moves to change the status of the territories (like Abbas going to the UN) are not.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by R£SP£CT

If the West were backing Israel to effect a military solution then they would have established permanent borders on the Jordan and the Suez Canal and would have deported all the Arabs into Jordan and Egypt. Being a nuclear-armed state, the issue would be settled at that point with no guerilla war possible and no effective military operation against Israel possible either. Israel has been gradually conceding territory only under US and European pressure. So, it is probably true that they will never force Israel to concede all of its territory to the Arabs, but would that be a reasonable settlement? Who actually wants to see a second holocaust for the purposes of establishing yet another failed Islamic state on top of a pretty decent multiethnic liberal democracy?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MatureStudent36
Have the Palestinians ever tried te peaceful route?

They've been conducting indiscriminate rocket attacks against Israel since 2001. They shifted to rocket attacks because the ten plus years of suicide attacks against Israeli civilians hadn't worked.

So that the last thirty to forty year of Palestinian violence accounted for.

One if the main problems is that the Palestinian leadership need a back drop of violence to gain support. Without the back drop of violence theres to much risk of Palestinians asking why their politicians are useless

So now 13 or 14 + 10 = somewhere between 30 and 40? You might want to go back to school, mate. The argument is also as flawed as ever, it's paramount to saying that if Northern Ireland attacked ROI the UK government has never tried peace with ROI

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
So now 13 or 14 + 10 = somewhere between 30 and 40? You might want to go back to school, mate. The argument is also as flawed as ever, it's paramount to saying that if Northern Ireland attacked ROI the UK government has never tried peace with ROI

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry. Are you trying to imply that the Palestinians have been peaceful until only recently.

Prior to the rocket attacks, we had the suicide bombings that started in 89.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

But it goes way, way further back than that.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

Indiscriminate rocket attack or suicide attack against civilian targets?
Original post by shahbaz
What a big surprise, the US protects Israel once again in the Security Council. The US says no to unilateral moves, but wait a second, what about when Israel makes unilateral moves, like annexing large swaths of Palestinian land, or building an Apartheid barrier

I'm a little unclear how you can regard Palestine as an independent state on the one hand, and the fence as an "Apartheid barrier" on the other. Apartheid means treating one set of citizens worse than others. If Palestine is not part of Israel, then Palestinians are foreigners, not Israeli citizens, and building a wall along their border and excluding them from Israel is not a restriction of their rights as citizens of a different country. On the other hand if you think the Palestinians should have Israeli citizenship with all the rights that come with it, then your position is that there should be one state solution called Israel and the Palestinian Authority/ies should be abolished.
Original post by Observatory
I'm a little unclear how you can regard Palestine as an independent state on the one hand, and the fence as an "Apartheid barrier" on the other. Apartheid means treating one set of citizens worse than others. If Palestine is not part of Israel, then Palestinians are foreigners, not Israeli citizens, and building a wall along their border and excluding them from Israel is not a restriction of their rights as citizens of a different country. On the other hand if you think the Palestinians should have Israeli citizenship with all the rights that come with it, then your position is that there should be one state solution called Israel and the Palestinian Authority/ies should be abolished.

The Palestinian Authority is a joke. An "authority" that can be dismantled by Israel any day and relies almost entirely on foreign handouts, ironically mostly by Israel and the U.S.
Don't forget Australia but that's easy to suss. Tony Abbott's very pro-Israel and received large financing from Jews plus huge media support from the likes of Rupert Murdoch.There is an establishment in the Western politics but nobody understands Jewish hegemony influence everything from foreign policy to immigration.

Latest

Trending

Trending