The Student Room Group

Should we all face the fact non STEM subjects are inferior to STEM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YGD
That's because you do too much STEM and not enough humanities and social science.

Too much STEM?
Original post by YGD
That's because you do too much STEM and not enough humanities and social science.

You know this, HOW? Oh my gosh, I've been found out!

Actually, no, I've studied Sociology, History , Econmics and English Language at A level in an amalgamated subject. Also economics in my degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I destroyed Nate's master race thread and I can destroy yours. Godwin's Law is waiting for you...too bad I'm too busy cuddling this gorgeous brunette I picked up last night to care. I'll get back to you and let l'Evil Fish win this one :smile:
Original post by addylad
Some people spectacularly missed the sole intention of the OP, which was to start an argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong. Some people just want to watch the world burn :biggrin:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I destroyed Nate's master race thread and I can destroy yours. Godwin's Law is waiting for you...too bad I'm too busy cuddling this gorgeous brunette I picked up last night to care. I'll get back to you and let l'Evil Fish win this one :smile:

The humanities strikes again. That's not even a real law. Very unscientific and bordering on a fallacy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock_Set
Whatever people say most STEM students (including myself) would find English lit, art, history etc. to be much harder than STEM.

English Lit and History master race crew checking in
Original post by Arieisit
The humanities strikes again. That's not even a real law. Very unscientific and bordering on a fallacy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course...that's da joke (flash out of date smh)

This is not a serious debate it's a TSR tale as old as time and OP a troll certain as the sun. Just look at the title!

Different strokes for different folks

One man's strength is another's Achilles heel

What have the arts and humanities ever done for us (ancient empire crew checking in)

Etc. Etc.

Not dissing STEM by ANY means but this 'waaa my degree is better tham yours' circle jerk is pathetic and the thread reminiscent of 12 year olds on a playground
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you guys consider biology to be stem.
Original post by Guy Secretan

Yes

Barely

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is not proper stem like chemistry or physics

Why wouldn't it be?
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Of course...that's da joke (flash out of date smh)

This is not a serious debate it's a TSR tale as old as time and OP a troll certain as the sun. Just look at the title!

Different strokes for different folks

One man's strength is another's Achilles heel

What have the arts and humanities ever done for us (ancient empire crew checking in)

Etc. Etc.

Not dissing STEM by ANY means but this 'waaa my degree is better tham yours' circle jerk is pathetic and the thread reminiscent of 12 year olds on a playground

Really? So why do I feel like I'm replying to a post by a 12 year old?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is not proper stem like chemistry or physics

Yes it is. GCSE biology is a joke if that's what you're going on.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by morgan8002
Why wouldn't it be?

Did I say it wasn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by morgan8002
Yes it is. GCSE biology is a joke if that's what you're going on.

No I did a level and part of a degree
Really? So why do I feel like I'm replying to a post by a 12 year old?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it is my intention to make people cling to ad hom fallacies to bring me down. Even the most rational and intellectuals academics are drawing from primitive ego trips and need for external validation, when they play this silly comparison game as you are now.

So let's say STEM is superior. Now what? Refuse to give an interview to any A+H candidate? Brand them on the ass? (See earlier Godwin's Law post)

All this time trolls spend chest thumping about why they are these superior human beings for their skill set, they could be contributing to the world through those skills and proving it...
"fact" lol k
And without STEM you wouldn't be typing up your rubbish on TSR!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without non STEM pre industrial humans would not grasp the concept of an intellectual sphere to exchange discourse, the seed of an idea planted in the Republic of Letters C17-18 and earlier in the fora of Ancient Greece which led to the concepts of democracy and centuries later meritocracy, allowing for the masses to then socially engineer social clubs which transferred to the universities and a few centuries later again gave the blueprint for the concept of online social media such as yours truly, The Student Room.

STEM and non STEM historically have a rather symbiotic relationship.

You seem to want to pick a fight. M'lady is peeved that you are distracting me from our private frolicking
Original post by solarplexus
STEM > non-STEM

Das it mane

Quick Reply

Latest