The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Leicester have brought their game today. I doubt we'll keep a clean sheet today.
Original post by tomtjl
Leicester have brought their game today. I doubt we'll keep a clean sheet today.

Right now it's all about the points.
Obviously we all like a clean sheet but when we've struggled so much this season, 3 points is what we need regardless of circumstances and regardless of performance (to an extent).
Not a penalty, nowhere near his hand...

Referees not been giving stonewall penalties past couple of games, today one gives one that is not even close. The PL needs a overhaul of referees, shocking.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ball hits a Leicester City player in the face, handball and penalty given. Gerrard converts, 1-0.
Thats just not a penalty. Hit his face.
Stevie G!

I agree it wasn't a penalty though, unlucky for Leicester
Terrible decision, not a pen.

1-0 up though. Leicester could have easily got 2 though. Poor start by us.
Original post by Lúcio
Right now it's all about the points.
Obviously we all like a clean sheet but when we've struggled so much this season, 3 points is what we need regardless of circumstances and regardless of performance (to an extent).

Don't worry, I know that we need the point more than anything I was just saying I'd be surprised if Leicester don't score :tongue:.
Original post by samir12
Not a penalty, nowhere near his hand...

Referees not been giving stonewall penalties past couple of games, today one gives one that is not even close. The PL needs a overhaul of referees, shocking.

I haven't seen it and although I'm happy we scored, I am yet again left disgusted with what I'm hearing.

I've never experienced such a consistent low standard of refereeing in my life and this is becoming embarrassing for us.
This is meant to be the best league in the world but the officiating is absolutely nowhere close to the level the Premier League deserves.

These are decisions that can ruin a team; ones going for the top and ones trying to survive at the bottom.
I take it all back, Stevie.
Original post by Lúcio
I haven't seen it and although I'm happy we scored, I am yet again left disgusted with what I'm hearing.

I've never experienced such a consistent low standard of refereeing in my life and this is becoming embarrassing for us.
This is meant to be the best league in the world but the officiating is absolutely nowhere close to the level the Premier League deserves.

These are decisions that can ruin a team; ones going for the top and ones trying to survive at the bottom.

Plus there was some fairly terrible refereeing at the Utd game too. Stoke should have had a penalty but didn't get one, we shouldn't get one but got one.
Reply 7931
so lucky once again
Original post by tomtjl
Plus there was some fairly terrible refereeing at the Utd game too. Stoke should have had a penalty but didn't get one, we shouldn't get one but got one.

United should of also had one too tbf, it's been really bad lately.
Watching the City game...jesus Christ. No atmosphere, empty seats, what is going on? They are the champions ffs.
Brilliant defending from Moreno to keep up with Vardy.
Penaltypool 2-0 Leicester.
Another penalty, strucks his arm this time. Pennard bags it.
Second penalty, 2-0.
Original post by samir12
United should of also had one too tbf, it's been really bad lately.

Fair enough, I didn't see that penalty so I suppose it evens out :tongue:. Still, refereeing has been truly awful of late.
Original post by mr tim
Penaltypool 2-0 Leicester.

I showed my 70 year old Irish Catholic grandmother this post and she actually laughed.

Quick Reply

Latest