The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidioteque
PFO from A&O. Never did like them.

They really do seem extremely picky. Haven't heard of anyone who's been offered an interview yet.
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
They really do seem extremely picky. Haven't heard of anyone who's been offered an interview yet.

I have an interview - Also have a host of PFOs so I think it just depends (very standard applicant)

I think A&O is a firm where it definitely paid to get your application in early and they seem to prioritise those who did one of the first year open days.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by liarpoker
I have an interview - Also have a host of PFOs so I think it just depends (very standard applicant)

I think A&O is a firm where it definitely paid to get your application in early and they seem to prioritise those who did those of the first year open days.

Fair enough - congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Has anyone attended (or plans to attend) the Macfarlanes City Law Presentation?

On the 8th? Yeah, received confirmation today :smile:

I think A&O is a firm where it definitely paid to get your application in early and they seem to prioritise those who did one of the first year open days.

Would figure, given that I failed to get on their "First" programme last year and didn't send off my app until Christmas Eve.

Ah well, you win some you lose some. It's my first PFO though so it's worked well as a reality check - know I need to knuckle down and get serious about my interviews now :redface:

Original post by Horse273
Sorry to hear that :s-smilie: When did you guys send off the app?

Original post by legallife
Hey, can I ask when you applied?

& happy new year All :smile:

I applied on Christmas Eve. Good luck and Happy New Year to you too :smile:

Congrats, me too. What day is your interview on? :smile:

Congrats! Did you get on ther first year scheme? Also when did you submit your app?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Defragmentation
Congrats, me too. What day is your interview on? :smile:

Mine is next week, the 8th!
Original post by iano101
Congrats! Did you get on ther first year scheme? Also when did you submit your app?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't, I applied late Nov/early Dec
Original post by pasdesdeux
On the 8th? Yeah, received confirmation today :smile:

I'm going to the 27th one :smile: would be interested in finding out how you found it after the 8th
How short notice have firms been known to invite for interview?
How short notice have firms been known to invite for interview?

Linklaters gave me one week notice :|
CMS only gave me 2 days notice last year !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 753
Original post by Horse273
Sorry to hear that :s-smilie: When did you guys send off the app?

About two weeks ago. It sucks, because I don't know whether my rejection was because more down to when I submitted it, or if it was just terrible. Or both.
I also have an A&O interview, but I submitted very early (I think about late October). My interview is late January however as I have exams until the 24th!
Is the CC link to the verbal reasoning test automatic - deadline is Monday and not sure if I can submit on a Saturday and still do the test in time..
Reply 756
Is the CC link to the verbal reasoning test automatic - deadline is Monday and not sure if I can submit on a Saturday and still do the test in time..

Once you submit your application they send you a confirmation email which says they will send you another email with the link for the test over the next two days. For me, they have given me 5 days to take the test.
Original post by ZaraW
Once you submit your application they send you a confirmation email which says they will send you another email with the link for the test over the next two days. For me, they have given me 5 days to take the test.

Ah ok, AFAIK you have to sit the test before the deadline of the 5th.. I was just wondering whether I would receive an instant invite if I submit on Sunday!
Reply 758
Has anyone applied to Skadden? If so, just wondering, who did you address the cover letter to? Or do we actually need to address it to someone where it tells us to put our 250 word cover letter in the box???
Reply 759
Ah ok, AFAIK you have to sit the test before the deadline of the 5th.. I was just wondering whether I would receive an instant invite if I submit on Sunday!

Probably best to try and submit your CC app before sunday just in case!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending