The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The.Joker
The team was so bloody sloppy and lame after we were 2-0 up they acted like the game was won and had no intensity or anything. Fair play to Leicester to get the draw in the end, they deserved all 3 points tbf.

The Lucas and Gerrard combo is the ****tiest pairing ever, everyone a part from Rodgers knows that it seems. Last game we played really well but BR just had to change it up didn't he.

I gave up hopes of reaching 4th spot a good while ago, I still don't think we'll get it. I doubt we'll be able to win the EL either. Best place we can get is 5th/6th I reckon.

I think the only hope is that Sturridge/any new signing drags us over the line.

Rodgers has been poor for me lately.
Original post by Zerforax
I think the only hope is that Sturridge/any new signing drags us over the line.

Rodgers has been poor for me lately.

That's only if Sturridge can remain injury free whenever he's back. Hopefully we can get a few decent players this Jan but I won't be holding my breath.

The first half of the season he has been poor, I don't know if it's all the plaudits that went to his head from last season or what. But his judgment/team selections have been horribly off the mark quite a few times this season already. Sometimes he seems clueless and has no idea how to improve the team.
I still stand by saying Gerrard is a passenger in the team. He doesn't offer anything defensively and offensively all he can do is try to pass the ball 60 yard across the field and score penalties. BR won't ever drop Gerrard though which is a shame.
On the bright side however...
Original post by sr90
We are ****, you are ****, Arsenal are ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're all ****! :woo:
I hope Gerrard gets a new contract after today, fantastic performance and you'd surely have lost the game without him. He will be praised in the media all week for those 2 goals.
I still stand by saying Gerrard is a passenger in the team. He doesn't offer anything defensively and offensively all he can do is try to pass the ball 60 yard across the field and score penalties. BR won't ever drop Gerrard though which is a shame.

Which is fine when you had Suarez and Sturridge in form to make those runs etc but now he looks like a square peg for a round hole.
Original post by Zerforax
Which is fine when you had Suarez and Sturridge in form to make those runs etc but now he looks like a square peg for a round hole.

That's the problem, no more SAS to paper over our defensive cracks so Gerrard is rendered useless. That's why BR can't keep persisting with Gerrard playing deep alongside Lucas because it just doesn't work.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
On the bright side however...

There is no bright side prod

There is no bright side prod

You're right.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
We're all ****! :woo:

loool
Idk how Rodgers still hasnt figured out that a Lucas/Gerrard midfield doesnt work.
Original post by CB91
Idk how Rodgers still hasnt figured out that a Lucas/Gerrard midfield doesnt work.

He probably knows it doesn't work, just hasn't got the balls to drop Gerrard for the second time in a row.
Original post by samir12
He probably knows it doesn't work, just hasn't got the balls to drop Gerrard for the second time in a row.

If he doesnt have the balls to drop Gerrard then he might aswell sell Lucas now tbh.
Original post by CB91
If he doesnt have the balls to drop Gerrard then he might aswell sell Lucas now tbh.

I thought Lucas was being sold/loaned out this window. :frown:
i feel like if i watch MOTD tonight i'll just get angry seeing us bottle it yet again.
although it's been such a great day of football that i kinda have to see it.

a win today wouldn't have made us any higher than 7th but it would have put us within a single win to arsenal.
but as usual we seldom capitalise and close the gap, merely maintain it.
Original post by Lúcio
x

Yeah I'm not watching MOTD tonight. Get a feeling a lot of fans won't be.......
Can't bring myself to watch MOTD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gerrard leaving to LA Galaxy tomorrow supposedly
Gerrard never being dropped and the crap defence will cause results like this to continue.
Original post by Obiejess
Can't bring myself to watch MOTD

Posted from TSR Mobile

we won't be on at the start anyway
surely chelsea, city and newcastle games willbe before ours.
i'll just turn it off when ours starts to play :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest