The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Start with the two year old butter (the actual age is not important, just that it is old)
some clue for gold please!!!
Original post by zhang-liao
How does the guy in the stamp for Copper relate to the ore given? I know the guy and what the ore contains but I dont know the answer :frown:

Have a good look at where the coordinates are, and what is located there.
Original post by Midge98
Have a good look at where the coordinates are, and what is located there.

Done Copper already, stuck on Silver :colondollar:
Original post by zhang-liao
Done Copper already, stuck on Silver :colondollar:

Ha, me too.
Any hints on gold?
Hints:
Copper:

Spoiler

Ag:

Spoiler

Au:

Spoiler

Rg:

Spoiler

Good luck and have fun! Happy new year :smile:
What is up with Rg? Do they want a compound or something?
Any Help with CU pls dead stuck
Need to get back into this, anyone have the link to the page
Original post by newblood
Need to get back into this, anyone have the link to the page

www.c3l6.org
Original post by BigBang2
Any Help with CU pls dead stuck

Have a really close look at where the coordinates lead you to (google is the best bet) and then the postage stamp- who is it and what are they famous for?
Any clues for gold???
Original post by Midge98
Have a really close look at where the coordinates lead you to (google is the best bet) and then the postage stamp- who is it and what are they famous for?

I get there who it is, what they're famous for? Is the Cu question wanting another mineral relating to the person?
Original post by Sam_Chem
I get there who it is, what they're famous for? Is the Cu question wanting another mineral relating to the person?

Yup. Look for the most obvious connection between this person and the minerals, and try some names you will find.
Universal clue: try to think of every aspect given on the picture in chemical context only.
Original post by Clovpot
Yup. Look for the most obvious connection between this person and the minerals, and try some names you will find.

I feel like i'm missing something really major here. Its my first attempt at C3L6, but I can't even think of any names to start with! (Even with using google)
Original post by Sam_Chem
I feel like i'm missing something really major here. Its my first attempt at C3L6, but I can't even think of any names to start with! (Even with using google)

Know that feels, it's my first challange too... Well, I would specifically recommend Wikipedia if you're stuck with that one
Any help for Rg? :cry2:

EDIT - PM me if you need help, found the answer :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Any help for gold here - even a hint?

Quick Reply

Latest