The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mco10
ah right, cheers :smile:

markets or ibd? still heard nothing for corporate and investment banking after sending off in mid october...
Lazard responses anyone?
Had a friend who accidently wrote that he was available in feb-may 2014 (instead of 2015) in his cover letter. How screwed is he on a scale of 1 to 10?
Original post by Mralpha
Had a friend who accidently wrote that he was available in feb-may 2014 (instead of 2015) in his cover letter. How screwed is he on a scale of 1 to 10?

Outcome 1: Nothing happens because no one actually reads cover letters properly.

Outcome 2: Someone from HR contacts you to clarify.

Outcome 3: You're automatically rejected for not being available/poor attention to detail.

Ranked in order of likelihood ^.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
Outcome 1: Nothing happens because no one actually reads cover letters properly.

Outcome 2: Someone from HR contacts you to clarify.

Outcome 3: You're automatically rejected for not being available/poor attention to detail.

Ranked in order of likelihood ^.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good to hear :smile:
Reply 3705
Original post by kingofbanking
markets or ibd? still heard nothing for corporate and investment banking after sending off in mid october...

Audit Division.

are you saying youve not received a numerical test invite? i thought that was an automated invite for all?
Hoping for a surge of Banks to get back to us with interview invites next week!
guys, does anyone know the specific date (or in fact which month) the BMAL summer insight takes places? cheers, Happy new year,

Monk.
Original post by DavidMonk
guys, does anyone know the specific date (or in fact which month) the BMAL summer insight takes places? cheers, Happy new year,

Monk.

btw it's BAML not BMAL. Just saying :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DavidMonk

Monk.

Should be early September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mco10
Audit Division.

are you saying youve not received a numerical test invite? i thought that was an automated invite for all?

ah ok. No I've done the tests and completed the second section, which I completed on 15th October. Just a waiting game I guess.
Original post by Anonynous

Cool story

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apps open in Feb for an insight week that takes place in Sept

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingofbanking
Just got an invite for an hsbc first year internship interview. Anyone had one of these and know what the format is?

I had an AC for their SLIP last year, consisted of competency/motivational interview, group exercise followed by an independent report based on info from the group exercise. If you look back a few pages I wrote about what HR cares about/will impress etc.

Good luck!

lol that made me laugh, think thats the fourth of fifth time youve attempted to correct bmal, getting touchy about your company are we :biggrin:
Original post by welcometoib
lol that made me laugh, think thats the fourth of fifth time youve attempted to correct bmal, getting touchy about your company are we :biggrin:

It's for his benefit. Attention to detail is a big thing in this industry. He called me out though, for reasons yet unexplained.
Barcap ints? read on prev pages someone said its a glitch, my page is still online assesments stage, have they given out ints/Is there actually a glitch.
It's for his benefit. Attention to detail is a big thing in this industry. He called me out though, for reasons yet unexplained.

Probably because at 10pm on New Year's day who really cares if they've made a small typo on an informal online forum that isn't important?
Original post by Unsworth
Probably because at 10pm on New Year's day who really cares if they've made a small typo on an informal online forum that isn't important?

keep your tities on.

thank god the industry isn't recruiting from TSR then, especially not bmal anyway.