The Student Room Group

Interview - Cumbria Primary Education 3yrs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by snellmyster
I appreciate that this is an old feed but has still been very helpful.

I have my interview at the Lancaster campus of University of Cumbria for this course next Wednesday (5th November 2014). I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is also invited for that day and If you have found any good advice you wish to share. Or, if you have already had your interview and would like to share your experience.

Thanks

How did the interview go? I have an interview for the university of cumbria, people seem to have said you do English and maths tests as well at interviews (I haven't had one yet). I'm soo confused are these additional to the QTS tests? Thank you :smile:
Hello,
it went really well thank you. When I went we had an introduction then we were split into two groups where we had to do a two minute presentation on a teaching aid we had brought with us, (This was something we were asked to prepare for in the invitation to interview so don't worry, whatever they want you to do you should get plenty of time to prepare). Before lunch we went to a presentation on the skills test presented by students who had recently taken the tests. After lunch I had my interview, I had spent a long time preparing for all the different possible questions but found it a lot more like an informal chat. Remember, they are not trying to trip you up, they just want to find out more about you! I was offered a provisional place so I'm very happy I got the university I wanted.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I didn't have to do any English or Maths tests and everyone was really nice, helpful.

Good luck with your interview, if you have any more questions please ask and post your experience on here when your done because there will be many applicants out there looking for a bit of reassurance :smile:
Reply 22
I have an interview at uwe bristol next week for early years primary education and I was wondering what kind on things did everyone bring for the group discussion? I have been asked to bring an engaging object and I have a few ideas thank you
Original post by ellie397
I have an interview at uwe bristol next week for early years primary education and I was wondering what kind on things did everyone bring for the group discussion? I have been asked to bring an engaging object and I have a few ideas thank you

People brought all kinds of things, I took a picture off a website called lend me your literacy .com as an idea for a creative writing piece. Some people took books like the hungry caterpillar others brought things they made. I don't think too much importance will be placed on what you bring. More, I think, on making the effort to prepare something and being able to present yourself to others and also engage with others by asking questions about what they brought in. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 24
That's brilliant thank you.I was planning on making something and bringing it it.
Reply 25
Original post by snellmyster
Hello,
it went really well thank you. When I went we had an introduction then we were split into two groups where we had to do a two minute presentation on a teaching aid we had brought with us, (This was something we were asked to prepare for in the invitation to interview so don't worry, whatever they want you to do you should get plenty of time to prepare). Before lunch we went to a presentation on the skills test presented by students who had recently taken the tests. After lunch I had my interview, I had spent a long time preparing for all the different possible questions but found it a lot more like an informal chat. Remember, they are not trying to trip you up, they just want to find out more about you! I was offered a provisional place so I'm very happy I got the university I wanted.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I didn't have to do any English or Maths tests and everyone was really nice, helpful.

Good luck with your interview, if you have any more questions please ask and post your experience on here when your done because there will be many applicants out there looking for a bit of reassurance :smile:

I have an interview coming up for Cumbria and I was just wondering what resource you brought in for your interview? I have a few ideas in mind but I am slightly unsure if they are along the right lines, thank you. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey Guys, I have an interview in Lancaster on the 7th of Jan, is that the same for anyone else? I have to take a resource with me and I was thinking about taking a story bag as a creative writing stimulus or something, does anyone have any ideas or tips for the interview? Thanks:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
i also have an interview on the 7th of January in Lancaster.
What sort of question have been asked at previous interviews? and good luck charleyb.
Original post by aaryder95
i also have an interview on the 7th of January in Lancaster.
What sort of question have been asked at previous interviews? and good luck charleyb.

I guess I'll see you there then. And thanks, good luck to you too.
That makes 3 of us that are going to be there on Wednesday!! Good luck :smile:
Good luck to you too where are you traveling from ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bedfordshire. You?
East Yorkshire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hi Lancaster guys! How did the interviews go??
I have one this week. Spent all day today searching for a resource, almost at meltdown. Any tips? So want to get on this course!
Omg, this is an old chat. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the questions they may ask on the website is the actual ones they ask in the interview. Very nervous.

Kind regards, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending