The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Wow just heard the news on MoTD!

Bit of a shame that he won't finish a one man club but he's still got another 2-4 years at somewhere like the MLS.

Or the premier league.

Guy is going Chelsea or to City.
Original post by jam277
Or the premier league.

Guy is going Chelsea or to City.

I think he's already said he won't go to an English club but agreed that he could do a squad role for a top team. No doubt Benitez will try to lure him to Napoli :colondollar:

I imagine he'll go to LA Galaxy or NY Red Bulls.
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
He'll always be remembered for the slip, Scholes will be remembered to me for his goal against Barça and Lampard will be remembered for.... This point is unfinished.

Thanks Gerrard. Great player but I enjoyed your slip immensely. Feel free to stop by my way if you wanna go ice-skating. I need some ice to fall on though.

I imagine the slip will go down as the 3rd of the highlights.

1st - winning CL 2005 (including the journey to the final
2nd - FA Cup win 2006
3rd - the slip which denied him a premier league title
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
The one player that deserves to win the PL. Will be weird not seeing Gerrard at Liverpool

that's nice to see, especially from a united fan.
yeah i understand the rivalry and the desire to mock the man for his slip, but anybody as a fan of the game itself cannot deny the service this man has provided over the years.
he deserves respect and any decent supporter of football would grant it to him.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
He'll always be remembered for the slip, Scholes will be remembered to me for his goal against Barça and Lampard will be remembered for.... This point is unfinished.

Thanks Gerrard. Great player but I enjoyed your slip immensely. Feel free to stop by my way if you wanna go ice-skating. I need some ice to fall on though.

and here you see the "other" type of united fan balancing it out... :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
So I guess we'll spend the rest of the season discussing how Gerrard should be replaced in the summer?

Do we go out and buy big? Will Allen finally play where Rodgers bought him for? Do we have Can come in or go with a midfield of Lucas, Can and Henderson?
So I guess we'll spend the rest of the season discussing how Gerrard should be replaced in the summer?

Do we go out and buy big? Will Allen finally play where Rodgers bought him for? Do we have Can come in or go with a midfield of Lucas, Can and Henderson?

Obviously our 3 priorities are ST, GK and CB so i suppose replacing Gerrard will depend on how much we have left to spend after we have sufficiently strengthened those areas.
I would like the idea of buying big with a proven, established player of high quality to sit in midfield and provide a solid presence in our team, although whether one would actually choose to join us is another matter.

Getting a little sick of buying young players with potential - i appreciate and understand the philosophy but i feel like we need quality now, not later.
I'm crying at Gerrard. That man has been Liverpool for me my whole life. Can't imagine him gone. This is hurting my soul.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I imagine the slip will go down as the 3rd of the highlights.

1st - winning CL 2005 (including the journey to the final
2nd - FA Cup win 2006
3rd - the slip which denied him a premier league title

Was talking about this with a mate (Pool fan), he said that top 3 Gerrard moments were:

1. Istanbul
2. Olympiakos
3. FA Cup Final

I said his top 3 were:

1. The slip
2. Heading ball to goofy in World Cup
3. Dragging goofy off Selhurst Park
Looooool goofy that's peak.
I think he's already said he won't go to an English club but agreed that he could do a squad role for a top team. No doubt Benitez will try to lure him to Napoli :colondollar:

I imagine he'll go to LA Galaxy or NY Red Bulls.

You mean new york city?
:moon: :cry2:
That'll be very weird to think of a Liverpool side and gerrard not be there.
A Gerrardless Liverpool, it will be odd that. I Wish him well come the end of the season.

So is this a thing now? All ageing players are shipped off to the mls? Fair enough, you have to start somewhere I guess.
Goodbye sweet prince :moon:

I think Rodger will go all out for a cup now because of Gerrard's swansong :h:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
A Gerrardless Liverpool, it will be odd that. I Wish him well come the end of the season.

So is this a thing now? All ageing players are shipped off to the mls? Fair enough, you have to start somewhere I guess.

It's been a thing for years fgs have you not heard of the David Beckham rule?

Anyway guarantee that Gerrard ain't going to be in the MLS. He's too good a player for that. Won't be surprised to see him in the prem.
Original post by jam277
It's been a thing for years fgs have you not heard of the David Beckham rule?

Anyway guarantee that Gerrard ain't going to be in the MLS. He's too good a player for that. Won't be surprised to see him in the prem.

'I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate.'
Original post by sevchenko
'I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate.'

Smokescreen this is the guy who angled for a transfer to Chelsea twice.

Will see Gerrard at New York City at the end of the season.
Reply 8077
Original post by sevchenko

Any CL team would do then.
Reply 8078
Original post by jam277
Anyway guarantee that Gerrard ain't going to be in the MLS. He's too good a player for that.

Original post by jam277

Will see Gerrard at New York City at the end of the season.

uwot
Original post by Fideo
uwot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30648173

Aka he's not going to the MLS.

Quick Reply

Latest