The Student Room Group

Any other musicians on tsr?

Scroll to see replies

I play the violin and love singing
I've been playing Guitar for 3 and a half years, and I guess I'm pretty good. I generally play Rock music, but I can play a variety. I'm self taught, but had lessons for a few months. I also play Bass, Piano, Drums and Ukulele, but I'm competent at best on them.

I play in a few bands. One's a Political Punk band, then there's an alternative rock band and I'm also in a duo, and we play stuff from Ska to Metal and everything in between, but I'm always looking for new projects. I'm 16 and living in North London.
Reply 62
Original post by bekbok
I play French Horn, I started playing 7 years ago and I generally play more classical music. I used to play in an orchestra, marching/concert band (we did both) and a horn ensemble, however that was at my school I've recently left. At uni, I'm hoping to join an orchestra and band, though if I don't have the time, I'll only do one.

YES horn players for the win! There aren't enough of us :biggrin:
Reply 63
I miss my electric guitar at home :frown: I'd love to be able to just jam with someone but unfortunately everyone's too busy and I haven't got the money to book the band room!
I play piano. Need to find a place to jam too. I have a keyboard at home so I guess I should use that but it's so bad in comparison to a weighted keyboard or a piano.
What instrument(s) do you play?: I'm a horn player by heart (both tenor and french), but also play all brass instruments to a high standard as well as dabble on keyboard,guitars and drums
When did you start playing and what sort of thing do you play?: Started to play in 2005 on tenor horn and it slowly grew from there....
Do you play in a band/ensemble?: Yeah, 2 brass bands a competing and a non competing brass band as well as a jazz group and a function band
Original post by leveridge96
What instrument(s) do you play?: I'm a horn player by heart (both tenor and french), but also play all brass instruments to a high standard as well as dabble on keyboard,guitars and drums
When did you start playing and what sort of thing do you play?: Started to play in 2005 on tenor horn and it slowly grew from there....
Do you play in a band/ensemble?: Yeah, 2 brass bands a competing and a non competing brass band as well as a jazz group and a function band

I play Piano.

Started at age 11 so 10 years ago now.
I don't play in a band.
Jazz group interesting, do you make your own songs?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 67
Hey jazz/classical pianist here as well as a composer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I play flute and saxophone! Currently just in a jazz group but want to find an orchestra or something again as I really miss it! Mostly I prefer playing classical, on both instruments. I've been playing flute for about ten years, and sax for nearly three- got my grade 8 in both of them now! :smile: I also love singing in choirs and arranging things for groups, although my composition skills are somewhere around non-existent unfortunately :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
I have grade eight in piano. I also play guitar, recorder, and drums to some extent; and have learned violin. Won four first-runnerups and three second-runnerups in regional contests.

I was master of choir back in grammar school, and was also in my hall's choir during my undergraduate years (and was invited to record the centennial album). As a pop soloist, won championship during grammar school and third place in sixth form.

Was the lead vocalist of an a cappella team since 2008 until earlier this year.

Wrote songs, wrote my first musical in eighth grade or something.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cammybl
Hey jazz/classical pianist here as well as a composer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jazz pianist and a composer? Interesting. I want to become a composer for pop music. A John Legend/Stevie Wonder type.
Reply 71
I can play a keyboard, piano and a guitar
Original post by jam277
I play Piano.

Started at age 11 so 10 years ago now.
I don't play in a band.
Jazz group interesting, do you make your own songs?

Yeah, a few members including myself compose lots of stuff for the group (as well as for outside sources) as well as play standards too :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by jam277
Jazz pianist and a composer? Interesting. I want to become a composer for pop music. A John Legend/Stevie Wonder type.

At least decent artists who have decent tunes unlike some of the pop icons of today... But yeah I'm more of a 'classical' composer doubt I'd ever make a living from doing it but ah well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cammybl
At least decent artists who have decent tunes unlike some of the pop icons of today... But yeah I'm more of a 'classical' composer doubt I'd ever make a living from doing it but ah well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah by pop music I mean people like that, Alicia Keys too.

Something I love about being able to make a song on the piano that has a complex tune that people can sing to.
Reply 75
I sing, song write and play the guitar🎶 I'm 16 now and have been singing since I was 7, and playing the guitar since I was 11:smile: I don't play in any ensemble but I regularly perform at open mic nights and gigs, and sometimes me and my friend (who plays the violin and sings) do a few little shows/gigs :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only play piano but I sing too as a hobby. I've been playing piano since I was 10 and first learned classical songs but now I focus more on modern pop songs. I can play David Guetta (Titanium) and others. Currently learning Let It Go from Frozen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeonaCurrie1998
I only play piano but I sing too as a hobby. I've been playing piano since I was 10 and first learned classical songs but now I focus more on modern pop songs. I can play David Guetta (Titanium) and others. Currently learning Let It Go from Frozen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I dislike super poppy songs.

I am looking to do pop piano but in a more expressive type. Alicia keys and John Legends rather than just the most popular song out there.

In reality I like to make my own style. Some coldplay songs are great to play on the piano(clocks e.g. just feels so beautiful to play)
I can make instrumentals on a Korg micro station I bought, never played an instrument before I bought the microstation less than a year ago but will definitely learn how to play multiple instruments in the years to come. I started writing and singing songs recently, I have songs all over the place on my phone, computer and on paper of all genres, I love it. I have posted a couple of songs on youtube, I go by the name Skag.
Check out my first song on youtube below if you want.

With the exception of the Baritone, Trombone, and French Horn I play every traditional western instrument to an intermediate proficiency with the exception of choral pieces which I am just staring out on.

Quick Reply

Latest