The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pursuedbyabear
Hi, I'm new on this thread! Just want some advice...
Just got my place at my school's sixth form, which I have to confirm by the 15th. My other option, however, hasn't even sent out interview dates so I doubt I'll know anything before then.

I think I'll probably end up going to my school's sixth form, but I don't know. What should I do?

Maybe you could accept the place at your school's sixth form anyway (unless you have to deposit any money, in which case you should talk to a teacher) and if you end up wanting to go to the other sixth form, get your parents to write a letter to the school that you're not going to their sixth form anymore.
Original post by Gingerbread101
Hey, welcome to the thread :hi:

You should probably talk to your form tutor or your school's sixth form office :yep: If it's another local sixth form then it will have happened before and your school will know how to deal with it :h:

Thank you for the quick reply :smile: I'll do that when term restarts then
Thank you for the quick reply :smile: I'll do that when term restarts then

Is your name by any chance inspired The Winters Tale? :giggle:
Is your name by any chance inspired The Winters Tale? :giggle:

Yes, haha :biggrin:
I'm really sad we didn't get to study it or some other Shakespeare plays at GCSE. They always pick Macbeth, The Tempest etc.
Seriously, we did Macbeth for like 3 years in a row!
Yes, haha :biggrin:
I'm really sad we didn't get to study it or some other Shakespeare plays at GCSE. They always pick Macbeth, The Tempest etc.
Seriously, we did Macbeth for like 3 years in a row!

:woo:
We did Much Ado for GCSE, which is slightly more unusual I guess :yep:
:woo:
We did Much Ado for GCSE, which is slightly more unusual I guess :yep:

Yes, it is! I find it annoying because everyone's put off Shakespeare (or at least in my school). I'm still not a massive fan, but so much of his work deserves more appreciation than it gets.
Yes, it is! I find it annoying because everyone's put off Shakespeare (or at least in my school). I'm still not a massive fan, but so much of his work deserves more appreciation than it gets.

I much prefer watching it :yep: I've seen quite a few on stage and they're amazing :biggrin:

Sonnet 118

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! Decided to join you people :smile:
I still can't believe how quickly time's passed :redface: We're doing real exams in what 4-5 months ?!? But honestly, I'm just looking forward to starting college and uni :biggrin:
Original post by stephssteps
I still can't believe how quickly time's passed :redface: We're doing real exams in what 4-5 months ?!? But honestly, I'm just looking forward to starting college and uni :biggrin:

Hoping 6th form is my time to shine :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm new on this thread! Just want some advice...
Just got my place at my school's sixth form, which I have to confirm by the 15th. My other option, however, hasn't even sent out interview dates so I doubt I'll know anything before then.

I think I'll probably end up going to my school's sixth form, but I don't know. What should I do?

You can accept more than one offer, so just accept it and decide later.

Hey there, welcome to the thread :hi:

I'm not actually in year 11, but I'm a CA here, so if you have any questions then quote me in or PM me :yep:
What are you thinking of doing after year 11? :biggrin:

What do you want to do at a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingCorneliusIII
Hoping 6th form is my time to shine :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! Excited for a new start as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there, welcome to the thread :hi:

I'm not actually in year 11, but I'm a CA here, so if you have any questions then quote me in or PM me :yep:
What are you thinking of doing after year 11? :biggrin:

Thank you! I've been accepted to my local sixth form, so I'm looking forward to that. thinking of doing medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
What do you want to do at a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I want to do maths, biology, chemistry and fine art. Not sure if my sixth form's allowing us to do 4 though because of the change to the a levels.
If we are, I might change art to geography or French, can't decide! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I've been accepted to my local sixth form, so I'm looking forward to that. thinking of doing medicine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool :biggrin: if you are going to be doing 4 A Levels and want to use them for medicine, as its very competitive, art may be considered a soft subject.. I would recommend French or geography instead, although if you're more likely to get a higher mark in art that could still work :smile: check the subject requirements of the unis you're looking at and see which subjects they recommend :yep:
Ah cool :biggrin: if you are going to be doing 4 A Levels and want to use them for medicine, as its very competitive, art may be considered a soft subject.. I would recommend French or geography instead, although if you're more likely to get a higher mark in art that could still work :smile: check the subject requirements of the unis you're looking at and see which subjects they recommend :yep:

Someone from some fancy private school told me once, when she visited our school, that people doing dentistry should do art to show manual dexterity! I'm terrible at art, and she was talking about a levels too haha

Don't even take art at GCSE

I think she was trying to ease competition lol and set me up for failure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
Someone from some fancy private school told me once, when she visited our school, that people doing dentistry should do art to show manual dexterity! I'm terrible at art, and she was talking about a levels too haha

Don't even take art at GCSE

I think she was trying to ease competition lol and set me up for failure

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did art at GCSE, you definitely need those two years to build up the skills for A Level! :tongue:
Attempt to destroy opposition confirmed :wink:
I did art at GCSE, you definitely need those two years to build up the skills for A Level! :tongue:
Attempt to destroy opposition confirmed :wink:

Would probably get an E or something.. Art's fun though :smile:

Latest