The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

It really isn't the best idea. I ended up dropping out of uni due to the kids. Just finish your degree and then TTC, it really isn't so long to wait.

Took the kids to see Santa yesterday. Nathan was so overwhelmed. Look at his little face! Bless him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/r270/10478214_639284319531733_4061669791029676046_n.jpg?oh=727c77368d05fbc29fc63a806a036bff&oe=55409BD1&__gda__=1425668138_a425ab28f6530fb3c099bcffbd91c949
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
It really isn't the best idea. I ended up dropping out of uni due to the kids. Just finish your degree and then TTC, it really isn't so long to wait.

Took the kids to see Santa yesterday. Nathan was so overwhelmed. Look at his little face! Bless him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/r270/10478214_639284319531733_4061669791029676046_n.jpg?oh=727c77368d05fbc29fc63a806a036bff&oe=55409BD1&__gda__=1425668138_a425ab28f6530fb3c099bcffbd91c949

Omg lol!
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Awwwwww

Isaac slept in until 8:30! He also only woke up twice!
Can safly say it's surprising how dofficial it is to get anything done... she may slrep good 3 hour blocks but I will be dammed if she let's me put her down even long enough to wee! Definitely finish your degree first, such a worthwhile investment to do it than to worry about the pressure of returning to finish it.

My little beauty at 4 weeks has gained 2.5lb since birth

Lovely pic PM!
(edited 9 years ago)
And trying to type whlist bouncing failed. ..
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Can safly say it's surprising how dofficial it is to get anything done... she may slrep good 3 hour blocks but I will be dammed if she let's me put her down even long enough to wee! Definitely finish your degree first, such a worthwhile investment to do it than to worry about the pressure of returning to finish it.

My little beauty at 4 weeks has gained 2.5lb since birth

Lovely pic PM!

It is something that I really didn't appreciate until he arrived! It is now less that I have to hold him and more that he wants to be occupied all the time and gets bored really quickly. Plus he is starting to snake across the floor so I can't trust that he will remain where I leave him any more!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, is it a bad idea to actively try and get pregnant whilst at Uni?

I would say it's not the best idea (take it from someone who is on their masters right now!).

I fell pregnant unexpectedly and luckily it happened when I'm nearing the end of my course. I finish in March and the baby is not due until June. However I've really struggled with my motivation because it's suddenly like all I care about is the baby, but I know deep down that's not true as I've worked really hard on this course and law is my passion. I know I want to do well as so far I've had all distinctions and I'd be gutted if I messed it up at the final hurdle. However I can't seem to connect my heart with my brain now I know I'm pregnant... motherhood just seems to take over. In addition, I mean I've been lucky I've not had morning sickness, however I have had other uncomfortable things like cramping since week 3 and growing pains, tiredness and nausea. These add to the feeling of lack of motivation. It has taken me kicking myself up the arse to keep going, but if you don't think you could do that then I certainly wouldn't actively look to get pregnant while at uni.

It's better to finish because then you've got your qualification behind you to get the job that you want and can give the baby an easier life... hopefully no struggling for money, clothing etc). You'll probably also be unmotivated to return to uni when you've got a little one.
Really? I guess i just have to wait and see now until my scan,not that long to go. Will they tel me the results?Or will i need to my gp for them
Congrats on trying again.

Yes but that's just my experience. Seeing your GP will put your mind at rest at least :smile:.

Hi everyone, is it a bad idea to actively try and get pregnant whilst at Uni?

Personally I'd say yes. I have friends who did have babies during their studies, took a year out and did go back to it - but I also know people who never managed to finish their degree, or who had to move to part time and then it took them years (and cost much more overall).

A baby isn't the end of your options by any means. Especially if you have a supportive family. But it is a lot easier to get a degree if you only have to worry about yourself!
Hope everyone in here has lots of fun with their lovely kiddies over the next few days :smile:.

--

I have a friend on my Facebook who has just found out she's pregnant so I sent her a message to say congratulations and she sent me another message saying she doesn't want a baby but doesn't believe in abortion so she's hoping for a MC. What a horrible thing to say :\. Some people just do not seem to understand how lucky they are - and this particular girl admits it's her own fault because she should have been more careful, so that's even worse.
the frustration of a clingy baby :frown: spend an hour getting her to sleep, dare to put her down and within 60 seconds have a screaming wide awake baby :frown: :frown:

happy new year to all you lovely ladies!
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
the frustration of a clingy baby :frown: spend an hour getting her to sleep, dare to put her down and within 60 seconds have a screaming wide awake baby :frown: :frown:

happy new year to all you lovely ladies!

Have you got a sling? It's a lifesaver for us when Izzy won't settle down. He usually falls asleep pretty quickly...

I hope you got some good sleep tonight nonetheless :jumphug:
Hey guys an update
I mentioned I had a scan,well she also did an internal one.Turns out i have cysts on my ovaries But both tubes are open and my right ovary was getting ready to release an egg
I had a follow up appointment with gp who said to come back in March if periods arent regular and if not pregnant. But said she would refer me to a gynaecologist but they would also say wait a bit longer. Etc. So its a waiting game. She said 90% get pregnant within 12 months. But i have been told to not stress,easier said than done. What can i do to not stress?
What can i do to not stress?

Well, it's pretty much impossible!! I'd say forget about getting pregnant and just go about your life. If you have sex, cool. Don't prevent conception, but don't actively try. You find a lot of women saying that it's when they STOPPED trying that they actually managed to conceive. Just don't make your whole life about it. I know people who track ovulation, body temp, cervical mucus and all sorts, but even having sex at the right time isn't a guarantee, so you're better off not doing all of that, and just having sex every few days without scheduling it in lol.

It's 100% easier said than done. We know.. very very difficult. But you just have to be positive with the 90% that the doctor gave you, remember there's no reason you won't get pregnant, and just enjoy your day to day life! :smile:
Who knew that pregnancy could lead to such irritating symptoms!

I seem to have regular growing pains... been having them since week 4 and I'm still getting them at 16 weeks. To try to ease that sometimes I might treat myself to a warm bath (not hot), however pregnancy is affecting my skin and I have developed a rash just above my bum which is usually pain/itch free and just usually feels like a dry patchy area but the last 2 times I've had a soak in the bath it seems to get really inflamed and sore :frown: I don't generally suffer from heat rash and whenever I've had heat rash in the past it has been itchy not sore, however like I say I've had no itching so I'm not sure what this could be... I know pregnancy can affect your skin though

On top of that, my nipples itch! (sorry for TMI) :s-smilie:
Well, it's pretty much impossible!! I'd say forget about getting pregnant and just go about your life. If you have sex, cool. Don't prevent conception, but don't actively try. You find a lot of women saying that it's when they STOPPED trying that they actually managed to conceive. Just don't make your whole life about it. I know people who track ovulation, body temp, cervical mucus and all sorts, but even having sex at the right time isn't a guarantee, so you're better off not doing all of that, and just having sex every few days without scheduling it in lol.

It's 100% easier said than done. We know.. very very difficult. But you just have to be positive with the 90% that the doctor gave you, remember there's no reason you won't get pregnant, and just enjoy your day to day life! :smile:

Thanks for the above :smile:. Yeah I've never done temping or checking cm ( I think that's too much) but also maybe because my cycle is all over the place anyway. I just wish I could find out if a had the cysts before my miscarriage or I've gotten them since March. But I guess some things I just wont ever know. Yeah we do the deed every few days and don't think about it. I am trying to be positive with a new year and all.........I guess time will tell. I know you said there's no reason you wont get pregnant but that is when my mind becomes plagued with the 'buts' and 'what ifs'......I just wish my scan would have revealed no cysts and that I was normal :frown:
Original post by Sazzy890
Who knew that pregnancy could lead to such irritating symptoms!

I seem to have regular growing pains... been having them since week 4 and I'm still getting them at 16 weeks. To try to ease that sometimes I might treat myself to a warm bath (not hot), however pregnancy is affecting my skin and I have developed a rash just above my bum which is usually pain/itch free and just usually feels like a dry patchy area but the last 2 times I've had a soak in the bath it seems to get really inflamed and sore :frown: I don't generally suffer from heat rash and whenever I've had heat rash in the past it has been itchy not sore, however like I say I've had no itching so I'm not sure what this could be... I know pregnancy can affect your skin though

On top of that, my nipples itch! (sorry for TMI) :s-smilie:

Pregnancy really does suck :frown:

Are you using anything in the bath? Sometimes if the skin is already irritated using a scented bubble bath can make it worse. Perhaps try a sensitive skin soap? We could lend you some of Isaacs to try if you would like?
Original post by randdom
Pregnancy really does suck :frown:

Are you using anything in the bath? Sometimes if the skin is already irritated using a scented bubble bath can make it worse. Perhaps try a sensitive skin soap? We could lend you some of Isaacs to try if you would like?

It's weird isn't it because pregnancy is one of the most amazing things ever but also very sucky at the same time :tongue:

I didn't use bubble bath this time, but it could be that I use scented soap.. never affected my skin before but could be a pregnancy thing. Thanks for the suggestion and the offer, however not to worry, I think I'll just buy one tomorrow :smile: Which one do you use for Isaac?
Pregnancy is awful, I know exactly how you feel Sazzy.

As for the rash, it could be PUPPP. I had that with Lydia and Alex (worse with Lydia), and it was horrific. I used to sit in freezing cold baths of water just to ease the itching. Eventually (near the END of the pregnancy, which is typical!) I managed to get prescribed some tablets but I don't know what they were - not sure if they were some sort of antihistamine or something.

Not sure if that's what you've got though because mine was all over my arms and legs and bump, but not above my bum.

If it gets worse though get it checked out.
(edited 9 years ago)
I developed dry skin patches on my hands towards the end of pregnancy, which then turned into terrible eczema after giving birth. Three months and three doses of steroid ointments later it was still there, and then in the last week it's gone away without me doing anything to it. Pregnancy hormones must do funny things.

PIC! Sébastien is now just a few days off four months.1420456091772.jpg
need a bit of advice, not sure what to do.

will spoiler it for length.

Spoiler

Quick Reply