The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Dr Viossy did a DVD/Book called Extreme Hard Rock Guitar and I really want it, but it's entirely in Italian... English title got me excited :frown: Very tempted to learn Italian just so I can learn from him :colonhash:

Devi impararelo:tongue: non è difficil

Italian is good fun, the girls tooooooo, and Guys if that floats your boat
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Devi impararelo:tongue: non è difficil

Italian is good fun, the girls tooooooo, and Guys if that floats your boat

Obvious cognate in the latter half of the sentence, but intuition is saying the first half meant 'you should learn it' with some sort of direct object pronoun in 'impararelo' (the 'lo') ...?

Or did you say
'Yes, I will happily translate it for you if you give it to me, it's not difficult' :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
Obvious cognate in the latter half of the sentence, but intuition is saying the first half meant 'you should learn it' with some sort of direct object pronoun in 'impararelo' (the 'lo') ...?

Or did you say
'Yes, I will happily translate it for you if you give it to me, it's not difficult' :tongue:

Yep, but it was you must learn it as opposed to should which would be dovresti

:lol: I probably couldn't translate a DVD :sad:
Just I improve

Like Spanish the continuous is formed using gerundio

It'd be sto migliorando

I've forgotten any Spanish grammar I knew, all I remember is vocab.
Yep, but it was you must learn it as opposed to should which would be dovresti

:lol: I probably couldn't translate a DVD :sad:

Hmm, I thought 'you must' would be a bit too extreme but I did think about it, since I know 'debere' is 'to have to' in Latin :tongue:

Oh the joys of learning European languages :tongue:
Original post by Red Fox

Ah okay, well basically it's like the English direct translation

I am learning = I am + learning = sto imparando

There are two 'to be' verbs, essere and stare. You use stare for the continuous

Original post by Bude8
Hmm, I thought 'you must' would be a bit too extreme but I did think about it, since I know 'debere' is 'to have to' in Latin :tongue:

Oh the joys of learning European languages :tongue:

Same as in Spanish, Italian is Dovere I think, very similar indeed.

I love it
Ah okay, well basically it's like the English direct translation

I am learning = I am + learning = sto imparando

There are two 'to be' verbs, essere and stare. You use stare for the continuous

Same as in Spanish, Italian is Dovere I think, very similar indeed.

I love it

Ahhh alright, cheers:smile:
Original post by Red Fox

All I can remember is present tense/both future conjugations & stem changing verbs from gcse :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
All I can remember is present tense/both future conjugations & stem changing verbs from gcse :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still sore about not getting an A* in GCSE Spanish #TSRProblems
Original post by Red Fox

I got a C in GCSE French, they wouldn't let me do higher #TSRProblems
Original post by Red Fox

I don't know how I managed an A* in French and Spanish with no revision tbh . Had a great teacher I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themancunian
I got a C in GCSE French, they wouldn't let me do higher #TSRProblems

Wow that sucks:redface:, why didn't they let you?
Original post by rachelc142
I don't know how I managed an A* in French and Spanish with no revision tbh . Had a great teacher I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never had a French lesson.

Je m'appelle Red Fox is as much as I know.
Original post by Red Fox
Wow that sucks:redface:, why didn't they let you?

It was the last year they were going to teach French and they just focussed on the Spanish classes instead - ah well at least I got mess about in those lessons which was pretty fun
It was the last year they were going to teach French and they just focussed on the Spanish classes instead - ah well at least I got mess about in those lessons which was pretty fun

How was your interview in the end?! And how was the hobbit trip ? I still haven't seen it
How was your interview in the end?! And how was the hobbit trip ? I still haven't seen it

It was all right! The first interview I enjoyed because it didn't really make any sense to me but the second one seemed maybe a bit too easy so I don't know about there... I'll probably end up going to Manchester anyway so ah well! The Hobbit was good! Though I did go on my own and there was quite a few obnoxious talkers during it, but overall it was pretty fun I'd say! But there is one thing which I didn't like and I don't know if it's spoilery or not so I won't say.
It was all right! The first interview I enjoyed because it didn't really make any sense to me but the second one seemed maybe a bit too easy so I don't know about there... I'll probably end up going to Manchester anyway so ah well! The Hobbit was good! Though I did go on my own and there was quite a few obnoxious talkers during it, but overall it was pretty fun I'd say! But there is one thing which I didn't like and I don't know if it's spoilery or not so I won't say.

Hmmmm... PM me the names of your Interviewers :lol: I felt they were too easy as well.

Even if you got an offer?!

That's annoying, well I'm not a hobbit lotr fan so you can say
All this talk of languages is making me want to get back into Spanish... will definitely try to pick it up again at university. :redface:
Original post by drowninginsound
All this talk of languages is making me want to get back into Spanish... will definitely try to pick it up again at university. :redface:

Cuando está al universidad, sería demasiado tarde :wink: deberías recomenzar actualmente

If I get in, I'll be dragging you to the language centre :mmm:
Original post by cerlohee
Oh my goodness when do you go back to school haha? I thought mine was bad!! I have 4 days to try to get back on track so I've set an alarm for 8am... We'll see how that goes :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just woke up. Back on Tuesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest