The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shout out to the best troll I've seen in the past 12 months;

"You have the face to make onions cry. In fact I think I will send your photo to paedophile watch websites. Just so they can on the lookout for filth like yourself."
and basically stuff like that repeatedly :')
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Cuando está al universidad, sería demasiado tarde :wink: deberías recomenzar actualmente

If I get in, I'll be dragging you to the language centre :mmm:

I can imagine you living in the language centre and ultimately being able to say "I can't speak X" in >100 languages :lol:
Original post by Guills on wheels
Shout out to the best troll I've seen in the past 12 months;

"You have the face to make onions cry. In fact I think I will send your photo to paedophile watch websites. Just so they can on the lookout for filth like yourself."

I get loads of troll hate mail on here xD Good banter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I can imagine you living in the language centre and ultimately being able to say "I can't speak X" in >100 languages :lol:

Just saying it in like wolof

By time I leave uni, I hope to be (not fluent but very good) in French, Spanish, Italian, German and then... Mandarin/Arabic.

Then hopefully be super employable and learn more fun ones
Original post by rachelc142
I get loads of troll hate mail on here xD Good banter

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3053877&p=52611671#post52611671

okay, maybe my first comment was a little mean, but still :')
Just saying it in like wolof

By time I leave uni, I hope to be (not fluent but very good) in French, Spanish, Italian, German and then... Mandarin/Arabic.

Then hopefully be super employable and learn more fun ones

I think you already know this, but learning to write Mandarin is a pain, and so is Arabic I imagine, avoid if possible :redface:

If we both end up in the same place I can teach you how to speak Mandarin :lol:

When I'm trying to learn phrases in other languages, I hear the person say what I'm meant to say, I say what they said and my ears tell me I made the same sounds as they did, then they tell me my pronunciation is wrong :indiff:
Original post by Guills on wheels
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3053877&p=52611671#post52611671

okay, maybe my first comment was a little mean, but still :')

Oh my god that was one of the titles used for a hate PM to me "your parents raised the afterbirth rather than the baby" hahaha clearly classic amongst trolls :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I think you already know this, but learning to write Mandarin is a pain, and so is Arabic I imagine, avoid if possible :redface:

If we both end up in the same place I can teach you how to speak Mandarin :lol:

When I'm trying to learn phrases in other languages, I hear the person say what I'm meant to say, I say what they said and my ears tell me I made the same sounds as they did, then they tell me my pronunciation is wrong :indiff:

Mandarin is good fun the characters. But I only know like 20 characters then I stopped because I didn't see the point until I get to practise speaking with people too.

Arabic... It's all worth!

Hahaha, I actually know when I sound like them or not, but if I know I can't make the sounds perfectly I just go mute lol

Sometimes you have to go ott and enthusiastic to sound good
Mandarin is good fun the characters. But I only know like 20 characters then I stopped because I didn't see the point until I get to practise speaking with people too.

Arabic... It's all worth!

Hahaha, I actually know when I sound like them or not, but if I know I can't make the sounds perfectly I just go mute lol

Sometimes you have to go ott and enthusiastic to sound good

From my experience, Cantonese is probably the hardest to pronounce, followed by Russian :s
Original post by Bude8
From my experience, Cantonese is probably the hardest to pronounce, followed by Russian :s

You need to have a look at Danish then :wink:
Cuando está al universidad, sería demasiado tarde :wink: deberías recomenzar actualmente

If I get in, I'll be dragging you to the language centre :mmm:

Lo se, pero actualmente no tengo el tiempo para recomenzar. :frown:

They'll be no need to drag me, I'd go willingly. :lol:

En fait, je veux reapprendre francais aussi... trop de choses a faire, mais un manques de temps...

(Sorry for lack of accents...)
Original post by drowninginsound
Lo se, pero actualmente no tengo el tiempo para recomenzar. :frown:

They'll be no need to drag me, I'd go willingly. :lol:

En fait, je veux reapprendre francais aussi... trop de choses a faire, mais un manques de temps...

(Sorry for lack of accents...)

:frown: pienso que mi problema es que tengo demasiado el tiempo :lol:

:woo: here's hoping for Saturday

Ah oui, je peux aider avec ça. Si tu veux :lol: Tu dois pas le réapprendre, mais pourvu que tu le parles, tu n'oublieras pas
I actually need to know why what I'm saying is the right thing :tongue:
I think my favourite phrase in Cantonese is 'I don't know'
not sure how to write it but it's something like 'ngo mm zhi a'?
Hmmmm... PM me the names of your Interviewers :lol: I felt they were too easy as well.

Even if you got an offer?!

That's annoying, well I'm not a hobbit lotr fan so you can say

Will do in a mo - hmm maybe not if I got an offer, I'd deffo firm Cambridge then Manchester probably

Ah okay, here it is!

asdasd

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by themancunian
Will do in a mo - hmm maybe not if I got an offer, I'd deffo firm Cambridge then Manchester probably

Ah okay, here it is!

Haha goooood, maybe we'll end up course buddies

Aah, my friends compared it to GoT battle at the wall episode. Just fighting
Haha goooood, maybe we'll end up course buddies

Aah, my friends compared it to GoT battle at the wall episode. Just fighting

And you could make me that promised curry from Y10 :biggrin: - haha that was such a long time ago and I still remember

Yup, basically just fighting for quite a large amount of time, though less gore than GoT
Original post by themancunian
And you could make me that promised curry from Y10 :biggrin: - haha that was such a long time ago and I still remember

Yup, basically just fighting for quite a large amount of time, though less gore than GoT

Lool, I'll have to ask my mum how to cook actually... And no halal meat in Cambridge :colonhash: so I'll have to either do fish or veg... Or find some meat source

Aah I see
Lool, I'll have to ask my mum how to cook actually... And no halal meat in Cambridge :colonhash: so I'll have to either do fish or veg... Or find some meat source

Aah I see

That's how plan on spending the summer: learning how to feed myself :tongue:

Latest