The Student Room Group

Anyone on a gap year and itching to be at university?

I would't necessarily say I'm bored but I can't wait to be at university; I think it's the social aspect of school that I'm missing. Anyone else feeling the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boony
I would't necessarily say I'm bored but I can't wait to be at university; I think it's the social aspect of school that I'm missing. Anyone else feeling the same?

Yep. I got no offers last year so I was forced to take a gap year, and all my friends are at uni. Sad sad times

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you up to in your year out? I took an unofficial year out to work and I enjoy it. I am not sure I miss uni though
Reply 3
Yep, missing the social aspect too, especially after visiting friends at their uni's.
Reply 4
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Yep. I got no offers last year so I was forced to take a gap year, and all my friends are at uni. Sad sad times

Posted from TSR Mobile

Similar to me but I missed the grade requirements for my offers and didn't want to take anything in clearing. I have a good time visiting some of my friends at uni though but actually being there sounds like good fun.
Reply 5
Original post by Air_wolf
What are you up to in your year out? I took an unofficial year out to work and I enjoy it. I am not sure I miss uni though

I'm working as a lifeguard. I have a good laugh at work and make money as well, which is a bonus! What do you mean by 'unofficial year out'?
Reply 6
Original post by aibekhsi
Yep, missing the social aspect too, especially after visiting friends at their uni's.

Yeah, being flexible enough to visit friends is a big bonus. What are you up to?
Reply 7
Lots of sleeping and the occasional work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Boony

When you're at uni you will want to be back on your gap year. Trust me.
This! My gap year is quite boring but it's gone really fast so far. It's almost been 5 months dice results day and since I was in Spain and 5 more months it will be exam time! I guess we've just got to soldier on
Reply 10
Yeah I can't wait to go back. I was at a uni for about a month but I wasn't enjoying my course at all and decided to just go and reapply for Sept 2015. Now I got a job at a makeup and fragrance counter but I still can't wait to go back to uni and study a course that I really like!
Original post by Boony

That routine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by cdude
When you're at uni you will want to be back on your gap year. Trust me.

Oh really? A majority of my friends can't even wait for the Christmas holidays to be over. Is it you had a really great gap year or a not so good uni experience so far?
Reply 13
Original post by neal95
This! My gap year is quite boring but it's gone really fast so far. It's almost been 5 months dice results day and since I was in Spain and 5 more months it will be exam time! I guess we've just got to soldier on

To be honest, I've started to enjoy my gap year more and more after getting a job and finding other things to fill the time. So hopefully the next 5 months will be easier!
Haha yes yes! Got 5 rejections for physio last year so having to work for a year, I've now got an offer and 3 more interviews so Im losing my patience waiting to start in september HURRY UPPPPPPP
Reply 15
Original post by jc20
Yeah I can't wait to go back. I was at a uni for about a month but I wasn't enjoying my course at all and decided to just go and reapply for Sept 2015. Now I got a job at a makeup and fragrance counter but I still can't wait to go back to uni and study a course that I really like!

Nothing wrong with starting university with a healthy bank balance :wink:
Reply 16
Original post by Physflop
Haha yes yes! Got 5 rejections for physio last year so having to work for a year, I've now got an offer and 3 more interviews so Im losing my patience waiting to start in september HURRY UPPPPPPP

Congrats! Best of luck in the interviews
Reply 17
Original post by Boony
Oh really? A majority of my friends can't even wait for the Christmas holidays to be over. Is it you had a really great gap year or a not so good uni experience so far?

When you go travelling- it's just like uni but with no work.
I opted for my gap year - really need to earn the money tbh - but mainly I just wish I was at uni so I could make new friends. I have a job and all and everyone there's great but nobody hangs out outside of work and also it's just really hard to meet new people on your own when everyone where you live isn't just there in purgatory for the next nine months like you are.
Totally feel the same, the money was necessary so i just decided to work. But then my friends left for uni and i was just stuck at work, I love the people I work with but have a feeling they arent going to be much compare to the people im going to be meeting at uni! Cant Wait!

Quick Reply

Latest