The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

On application form they asked to describe interests and activities, and a question below asked to talk about a task/project in which one did well in. Is it ok to talk about the same task in both questions? Or would it best to think of another example in a task that I did well in?
Has anyone heard any news about the Slaughter's Easter Schemes? Or know someone who has Offers/rejections etc
Original post by That Was So Funny!
Has anyone heard any news about the Slaughter's Easter Schemes? Or know someone who has Offers/rejections etc

Have heard nothing and don't know of anybody who has either, I imagine they will start reviewing from Monday as a lot of graduate recruitment teams won't be returning until then.
Hi guys, sorry for another post!

I just been invited to take Verbal, Numerical and Inductive Online Reasoning Tests. I have never done these before, if anyone could provide some tips as to what each entails and/or any free websites on which I can practice these?

Thanks
Original post by Swimmer
Hi guys, sorry for another post!

I just been invited to take Verbal, Numerical and Inductive Online Reasoning Tests. I have never done these before, if anyone could provide some tips as to what each entails and/or any free websites on which I can practice these?

Thanks

Hey - websites I find useful are:

http://www.shldirect.com/en/assessment-advice/example-questions/

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/

Hope they are useful :smile:
Guys when answering commercial awareness questions do you have to put the source you received the information from?
Original post by TrainingChopeful

Thanks so much!
Original post by Swimmer
Thanks so much!

You're welcome
I have a quick question regarding entering academics - on most applications you have to enter the subject, grade and year taken. However, I re-took a couple of papers in one A-Level and, as a result, I achieved a grade higher in that subject.

But - I'm not entirely sure how to enter this on the form. Should I enter "Subject, date e.g 2008, grade e.g B" then add the subject again as "Subject, 2009, A". Or should I simple enter it once with the year I re-took the papers? I would really appreciate any help :smile:
Original post by liarpoker
Yeah - Still a bit confusing since you'd expect it to be automatic invite considering the time frame. (like Freshfields)

Will send tonight, and hope to get the test invite on Monday..

Just gave grad recruitment a call. If we apply after 5 today, the test will be sent to us on Monday and we have till midnight on that day to complete it.
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I have a quick question regarding entering academics - on most applications you have to enter the subject, grade and year taken. However, I re-took a couple of papers in one A-Level and, as a result, I achieved a grade higher in that subject.

But - I'm not entirely sure how to enter this on the form. Should I enter "Subject, date e.g 2008, grade e.g B" then add the subject again as "Subject, 2009, A". Or should I simple enter it once with the year I re-took the papers? I would really appreciate any help :smile:

I did this also but only re-took one paper. What I've been doing is putting 'Biology, 2014, A' when all my others are 2013, then usually there is a box where you can include any extra information/mitigating circumstances and this is where I've explained it. So long as it doesn't affect whether you met their minimum requirement (typically AAB) initially then I can't see it being an issue.
Original post by Unsworth
I did this also but only re-took one paper. What I've been doing is putting 'Biology, 2014, A' when all my others are 2013, then usually there is a box where you can include any extra information/mitigating circumstances and this is where I've explained it. So long as it doesn't affect whether you met their minimum requirement (typically AAB) initially then I can't see it being an issue.

Thank you :smile: that is really helpful
Reply 792
Hi guys! Does anyone know how the interview process at Mayer Brown for a vac scheme is? Is it just an interview with grad recruitment team, or is there a verbal test etc.?
Thanks a lot!
Original post by Defragmentation
Just gave grad recruitment a call. If we apply after 5 today, the test will be sent to us on Monday and we have till midnight on that day to complete it.

Thanks for this info - when you say "after 5 today", does that mean we could apply on Sunday and we'd still get sent the test on Monday?
Original post by Kidioteque
Thanks for this info - when you say "after 5 today", does that mean we could apply on Sunday and we'd still get sent the test on Monday?

Yeah, I was told that would be the case.
Original post by Defragmentation

Cheers pal, slightly annoyed that I sent it off this morning - Could have done with the weekend to let it settle.
invite to norton rose AC. Has anyone been who has any tips?
Original post by liarpoker
Cheers pal, slightly annoyed that I sent it off this morning - Could have done with the weekend to let it settle.

No worries. I'm sure you've done a great job already anyway :smile:
Reply 798
Original post by roro123
Hi guys! Does anyone know how the interview process at Mayer Brown for a vac scheme is? Is it just an interview with grad recruitment team, or is there a verbal test etc.?
Thanks a lot!

It is just an interview with grad rec (maybe a lawyer there too) - apparently just 45 minutes and pretty chilled! (My friend did the vac scheme last summer)
Original post by crazyangelg
invite to norton rose AC. Has anyone been who has any tips?

When did you apply boss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending