The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Not long to go now before the New Year...
Abu Dhabi exhibition coming up first, then Qatar/Brisbane tournaments, then Apia International in Sydney before we head into the 2015 Australian Open!
Happy New Year and more importantly tennis season is back!! 😀
Aussie Open will be fun probably about 10 different people that can legitimately win it
Slam predictions for me..

Ausi - Djokovic vs Nikishori

French - Nadal vs Del Potro

Wimbledon - Federer vs Del Potro

US - Djokovic vs Del Potro

Slight hopecast since the big 4 have declined a little but I think Nikishori is on a high and Del Potro will smash back into the rankings.
My predictions for the big tournaments:

Australian Open: Djokovic
Indians Wells: Federer
Miami: Djokovic
Monte Carlo: Nadal
Madrid: Djokovic
Rome: Nadal
French Open: Nadal
Wimbledon: Federer
Toronto: Nadal
Cincinnati: Federer
US Open: Dimitrov or Nishikori
Shanghai: Murray
Paris Bercy: Djokovic
WTF: Djokovic
Impressive from Murray, just hammered Rafa 2 & love. Nadal was rusty though, can't read too much into an exhibition event.
Wow murray. Nadal is quite rusty which is why I don't think he will win the Australian open.
Djokovic now thrashing Wawrinka

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like another Abu Dhabi exo win for Novak Djokovic to start the season. Murray did play well against Nadal, but he's still capable of playing a lot better (and Nadal was very rusty - 0/12 on Break Points!). Any kind of win is important though.
Reply 2688
Original post by Krish4791
Looks like another Abu Dhabi exo win for Novak Djokovic to start the season. Murray did play well against Nadal, but he's still capable of playing a lot better (and Nadal was very rusty - 0/12 on Break Points!). Any kind of win is important though.

arghhhh! why man! odds for Nadal were x8 to win australia with this form its impossible :frown:
Original post by ubi1
arghhhh! why man! odds for Nadal were x8 to win australia with this form its impossible :frown:

Lets be realistic. Nadal hasn't played a lot of tennis in the last 6 months so chances of him winning the AO weren't great even prior to his trashing at the hands of Murray.
Reply 2690
Original post by K1NG93
Lets be realistic. Nadal hasn't played a lot of tennis in the last 6 months so chances of him winning the AO weren't great even prior to his trashing at the hands of Murray.

he had several treatments l though he would be rejuvenated :tongue:
Original post by ubi1

Nadal will be in better form in Melbourne - he is just being a bit cautious.
We will have to see which side of the draw he lands in: Djokovic? or Federer side?
Murray 'wins' Abu Dhabi after Djokovic apparently pulls out of the final, citing fever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
he had several treatments l though he would be rejuvenated :tongue:

Nothing like playing competitive tennis.
Reply 2694
Original post by Krish4791
Nadal will be in better form in Melbourne - he is just being a bit cautious.
We will have to see which side of the draw he lands in: Djokovic? or Federer side?

beating federer seems like a bad omen i.e 2012 and 2014:frown:

Djokovic will burn through Nadal in Semis if it happens. :frown:
Original post by ubi1
beating federer seems like a bad omen i.e 2012 and 2014:frown:

Djokovic will burn through Nadal in Semis if it happens. :frown:

Perfect scenario for Federer at the Australian Open:

Djokovic and Nadal kill each in their marathon semi final with Djokovic coming out victorious, giving Federer an opportunity to finish a tired Nole off. :wink:

Probably won't happen but one can dream :tongue:
Original post by K1NG93
Perfect scenario for Federer at the Australian Open:

Djokovic and Nadal kill each in their marathon semi final with Djokovic coming out victorious, giving Federer an opportunity to finish a tired Nole off. :wink:

Probably won't happen but one can dream :tongue:

Assuming Stan doesn't avenge his WTF loss in the semis...
Original post by lizzy95
Assuming Stan doesn't avenge his WTF loss in the semis...

True. Can't never write off Stan The Man.
Reply 2698
Original post by K1NG93
True. Can't never write off Stan The Man.

Worst fluke ever it ain't happening again:redface:

he lost to nadal other day
Original post by ubi1
Worst fluke ever it ain't happening again:redface:

he lost to nadal other day

Stan can give good match to Djokovic at the AO, but he's not reliable enough yet. Doesn't have the mental strength to beat Federer over 5 sets, and even an injured Nadal can beat him

Quick Reply

Latest