The Student Room Group

What would you do if you found yourself stuck in a North korea concentration camp?

Scroll to see replies

Smoke a spliff so my eyes go narrow and try to blend in.
Original post by lent6
Are you from North Korea?

No. I'm from South Korea.

We have prisons for mentally ill people here in the UK too. They're called hospitals.

The gulags in North Korea are where they send opponents of the regime. Hardly a just comparison.
Original post by felamaslen
We have prisons for mentally ill people here in the UK too. They're called hospitals.

The gulags in North Korea are where they send opponents of the regime. Hardly a just comparison.

A remote set of South Korean islands are used as slave camps where families send their mentally disabled relatives to work in salt farms so they don’t have to care for them, it has emerged.

^ Sounds more like a concentration camp than a mental institution.
Original post by Messiah Complex
A remote set of South Korean islands are used as slave camps where families send their mentally disabled relatives to work in salt farms so they don’t have to care for them, it has emerged.

^ Sounds more like a concentration camp than a mental institution.

If people were made to work in prison, rather than sit around all day, would you call that a concentration camp?

Behind the words "concentration camp" is the implication that the people sent there are innocent, mentally stable people who should be set free. (Also, the implication that the people sent there face gruelling conditions such as starvation etc., as in North Korea).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by zebby1999
Run around screaming like a maniac. Let them think I've gone crazy and if they don't release me they will be infected? Worth a try, that is if I don't get a bullet through the head or something :/

I don't think they would care if you were crazy. Most people in a concentration camp would probably go crazy anyway.
Original post by felamaslen
If people were made to work in prison, rather than sit around all day, would you call that a concentration camp?

Behind the words "concentration camp" is the implication that the people sent there are innocent, mentally stable people who should be set free.

Whatever. Just a sheep that believes any propaganda towards N.Korea and believes that the rest of the world is lovely. S. Korea, America, etc. all do things just as bad. Makes me cringe all of this selective reporting.
Reply 28
Original post by flibber
No. I'm from South Korea.

How would you have a better chance of escaping?

Don't the North hate the South?
Collaborate to get better treatment.

But use my position to secretly support subversive resistance activities against them.
Original post by lent6
How would you have a better chance of escaping?

Don't the North hate the South?

Sure, the North hates the South, but I can talk to other prisoners in Korean to arrange an escape plan and if the plan succeeds, I can blend in with the local population and slip through the border to China and seek the nearest South Korean consulate
If there was absolutely no chance of being rescued by the UK etc then I would go down fighting and try take out as many as I could

Quick Reply

Latest