The Student Room Group

Havent revised for my mocks, how screwed am I?

I got I dont even know how many mocks, I've lost my mocks timetable, however I believe I'm going to basically fail all my mocks, I've got zero motivation to go up and revise, and I have to do my Physics and Chemistry C2 (I don't know nothing of those two), my maths, then my business, history, and sociology mock to, all remembering information from year 10, I don't know, I don't wish to fail but I feel I've left it to little to late.

Scroll to see replies

Mocks don't matter much, just make sure you do well in the real thing.
Original post by D.n.A
I got I dont even know how many mocks, I've lost my mocks timetable, however I believe I'm going to basically fail all my mocks, I've got zero motivation to go up and revise, and I have to do my Physics and Chemistry C2 (I don't know nothing of those two), my maths, then my business, history, and sociology mock to, all remembering information from year 10, I don't know, I don't wish to fail but I feel I've left it to little to late.

Through AS I learnt that mocks are not worth stressing over, because they aren't the real thing!!
As long as you're prepared and sort out your motivation levels for the real exams, then you have nothing to fear.
Reply 3
Why don't you just ask your friends when your exams are. I doubt that you'll have more than three exams in one day so you should have enough time to evenly distribute the time you have left for revision. Just be glad this isn't the real thing.
Reply 4
Original post by D.n.A

Same here and my mocks start in 5 days. Right now the easiest thing to do is look up past papers because that's what your exams are gonna be. For history and geography the papers will most probably be the 2014 papers that just passed because people who did their mocks before said they were for all exam boards. Good luck
Reply 5
Original post by Lukekoo
Same here and my mocks start in 5 days. Right now the easiest thing to do is look up past papers because that's what your exams are gonna be. For history and geography the papers will most probably be the 2014 papers that just passed because people who did their mocks before said they were for all exam boards. Good luck

cheers
Reply 6
Didn't revise for any mocks I wasn't worried about (knew I'd do alright in them at the end). Mocks are a useful tool to judge your progress, but if you don't revise for them then no big deal. I had a few teachers that would mark us very harshly and I had like an A in one subject then 100% when I did the real thing. Mock grades are almost always lower than your real ones, so don't worry too much.
Original post by Lukekoo

Had mocks in Nov. Having Mocks again in Feb. Gonna die and my school mixes up questions from lots of past papers...
Reply 8
Original post by zebby1999
Had mocks in Nov. Having Mocks again in Feb. Gonna die and my school mixes up questions from lots of past papers...

My school do the 2014 papers for humanities like geography and history which are pretty much the hardest ones in my opinion. Managed to get my hands on the edexcel paper for history if you need but need the aqa geography one for 2014 :/. Just ask if u need any 2014 edexcel papers i can give 2 u
You still have time... Do some past papers
Original post by Lukekoo
My school do the 2014 papers for humanities like geography and history which are pretty much the hardest ones in my opinion. Managed to get my hands on the edexcel paper for history if you need but need the aqa geography one for 2014 :/. Just ask if u need any 2014 edexcel papers i can give 2 u

Thanks but I do OCR History and don't do Geography... sorry
Reply 11
Original post by Lukekoo

Hi, do have the june 2014 unit 1, option D A world divided: communism and democracy in the 20th century question paper

It would be such a great help
Please and thank you

:smile:
To all concerned:
Stop attempting to cheat or I will ask for the thread to be closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danconway
To all concerned:
Stop attempting to cheat or I will ask for the thread to be closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please shut up and stop threatening other users. You have no authority so leave it to the TSR staff to close this thread or warn them.

Thank you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by taylortron99
Please shut up and stop threatening other users. You have no authority so leave it to the TSR staff to close this thread or warn them.

Thank you.

Cheating is against TSR rules and you know that. Not to mention that it's morally wrong and will not help you succeed in the end.

If you are attempting cheating, it is well within my rights to tell a member of TSR staff who can then close this thread. Yes, I have no authority but you also have no right to cheat using this website (as various posts seem to suggest by offering to supply 2014 papers). So I shan't 'shut up', and yes I will warn you all against cheating.
Reply 15
To put it rationally, you're no where near as screwed as you would be if these were real exams that you had not revised for. Consider just how super-double-mega screwed you would be then; process those feelings. Then, use them to kick your ass in gear and to make sure you work harder from now on!
Original post by danconway
Cheating is against TSR rules and you know that. Not to mention that it's morally wrong and will not help you succeed in the end.

If you are attempting cheating, it is well within my rights to tell a member of TSR staff who can then close this thread. Yes, I have no authority but you also have no right to cheat using this website (as various posts seem to suggest by offering to supply 2014 papers). So I shan't 'shut up', and yes I will warn you all against cheating.

Please read my comment properly. I said it should be dealt with by a member of staff, not you. Lately, you have posting several responses saying the same thing. We get it!! The TSR staff will stop the thread without the need of your pestering. Therefore, it's best to keep your annoying comments to yourself and just shut up.

Is that the only thing you do? Check if others are cheating in order to warn them?

Secondly, where did you get the idea that I was cheating? I do not agree with cheating as it does benefit the person in any way, shape or form. My response did not state that I wanted the papers as my mock examinations had finished in December.

Therefore, the purpose of my comment was solely to inform you that this will be dealt by a TSR staff and not you.

Please read my comment properly before replying next time.

Thank you. :smile:
if youre aiming for a high grade then you are screwed but if you're aiming for a low grade then you won't have a problem. i dont usually revise much but im revising loads for mocks bc it means that at least itll be easier to revise for the gcses. i just learnt all the information in my notes/ on the textbook then did a past paper once i finished. if youre struggling for time try to at least familiarize yourself with your specification so you have some vague foundation of knowledge then you can probs bull**** your way through the mocks
Original post by D.n.A

Well I just had my mocks and they were dreadfully long and tiring but never give up and personally I think C2 is very easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as you get a C in the paper you are fine or else they will put you in foundation like they did to me for getting a D in geography :mad:

Latest