The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanC55
How long does it normally take to get a response from the unis?

It varies so much i'm afraid. Last year some people heard within a week or 2 of interviews whereas others didn't hear until mid April!

Now that the UCAS deadline is fast approaching, things should start to speed up with interview invites.

Depends when you applied, which uni, and what for. Some many still take months yet

Fastest response I had last year was MMU (about a week after interview) slowest were Sheffield (they kept a lot of people hanging until the last minute) - Manchester was a long wait as they tell everyone at the same time - oh and Leeds were pretty quick but that was a rejection lol

As others have said, there's a huge variation. Strathclyde gave me an unconditional offer within five working days, yet Sheffield waited until 30th April to reject me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evantej
It depends on the universities. Some give offers as they interview. Others wait until a few days before they have to inform students. Once you get your first offer the pressure defiantly lifts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by madagascar
It varies so much i'm afraid. Last year some people heard within a week or 2 of interviews whereas others didn't hear until mid April!

Now that the UCAS deadline is fast approaching, things should start to speed up with interview invites.

Original post by soufflekitty
Depends when you applied, which uni, and what for. Some many still take months yet

Original post by AmyPilot
Fastest response I had last year was MMU (about a week after interview) slowest were Sheffield (they kept a lot of people hanging until the last minute) - Manchester was a long wait as they tell everyone at the same time - oh and Leeds were pretty quick but that was a rejection lol

Original post by Butterfly9595
As others have said, there's a huge variation. Strathclyde gave me an unconditional offer within five working days, yet Sheffield waited until 30th April to reject me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, okay thanks guys! I just was just getting worried! I haven't heard anything at all yet so I dunno; as you said it'll get easier if/when the first offer comes in - arghh!
Ahh, okay thanks guys! I just was just getting worried! I haven't heard anything at all yet so I dunno; as you said it'll get easier if/when the first offer comes in - arghh!

Don't start worrying yet - you didn't send your application till just before Xmas did you? - so with the holidays etc expect that will slow things up a bit - we finished classes on 14 Dec and don't go back till 12 Jan but reckon admin/ admissions will be back in next week so things will move on again - that's how it was last year - lots of replies in early Jan.

Good luck but sure you wont need it. I know the constant waiting is hard
has anybody heard from Leeds yet? :/
BCU

Original post by Butterfly9595
Congrats! Where are you headed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by giteena_v

I haven't :frown:

Hopefully we will hear from them when things start up again after this Christmas break!
Original post by daffy_brush
BCU

Congratulations! When did you have your interview and when did you get the offer?
Original post by AmyPilot
Don't start worrying yet - you didn't send your application till just before Xmas did you? - so with the holidays etc expect that will slow things up a bit - we finished classes on 14 Dec and don't go back till 12 Jan but reckon admin/ admissions will be back in next week so things will move on again - that's how it was last year - lots of replies in early Jan.

Good luck but sure you wont need it. I know the constant waiting is hard

Yeah, I didn't send it until xmas so I'm being a bit impatient but I didn't expect to be proper obsessively checking my e-mails - hopefully they'll come next week! :biggrin: Did you go to MMU?
Yeah, I didn't send it until xmas so I'm being a bit impatient but I didn't expect to be proper obsessively checking my e-mails - hopefully they'll come next week! :biggrin: Did you go to MMU?

Lol obsessively checking your emails - doesn't sound like me at all! :rolleyes: Haha!

Yeah, they emailed me to say that I have been have invited for an interview and they will send the details on track in January
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 833

I'm still waiting to hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I remember the Track obsession well! And yes I am at MMU - I do the joint speech & psychology course. Hope you hear something soon
Original post by Higlet
I'm still waiting to hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure you will hear soon and congrats on the BCU offer
Original post by madagascar
Lol obsessively checking your emails - doesn't sound like me at all! :rolleyes: Haha!

Sure there will be news soon - good luck!
Helloooo everyone! I had an interview at BCU for SLT on the 1st December.. But I've applied for the part time course as a 'mature' student.. Congratulations all those who have had offers, I suppose you heard through UCAS? Not knowing the decision either way is pickling my little brain!
Anyone else applied for part-time or just little old me 🙋

Fingers crossed to all those who are waiting for the outcome..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive only applied to BCU. Had my interview on the 8th and not heard yet. I would have liked to do the part time for the first two years, but as I am a very mature student thought I better try and do it as quickly as I could. Good luck.
Me too don't worry!

Original post by shropshirelass51
Ive only applied to BCU. Had my interview on the 8th and not heard yet. I would have liked to do the part time for the first two years, but as I am a very mature student thought I better try and do it as quickly as I could. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest