The Student Room Group

Guy I like said last night that he prefers "trashy" women...

...when we asked him what he meant he said those who are more sexually forward/experienced and are liberal about things like doing drugs, as they're more "open minded" and "fun."

It also came out during the convo that he'd slept around a lot at uni, and done some crazy things like do it in front of people in public places like festivals, am I prudish for finding that a turn off? :s-smilie: Also, I doubt I have much of a chance with him any more though I'm turned off anyway but do most guys (even in their 20s) prefer "liberal" women like that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would find that a turn-off in a girl. I would try and find someone else, doesn't seem like the kind of person (if they were female) I'd want to date anyway. I wouldn't mind a liberal partner, I'm quite liberal myself, but if that's what he actually looks for in a girl, to the point he wouldn't consider dating someone without those features, alarm bells would ring for me.
Reply 2
Original post by RobertWhite
I would find that a turn-off in a girl. I would try and find someone else, doesn't seem like the kind of person (if they were female) I'd want to date anyway. I wouldn't mind a liberal partner, I'm quite liberal myself, but if that's what he actually looks for in a girl, to the point he wouldn't consider dating someone without those features, alarm bells would ring for me.

He also said he liked curvy women who are foodies (e.g. Nigella types) like he is and that's not me (play sports etc.) so I'm out anyway :s-smilie:

He didn't say he wouldn't date a girl who wasn't like that but it was definitely a huge preference. How liberal are you if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Personally I wouldn't want to have sex with a woman who was a drug lord and could infect me with HIV, no
Reply 4
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Personally I wouldn't want to have sex with a woman who was a drug lord and could infect me with HIV, no

I don't think he meant drug lords haha, more women who were open minded to taking drugs? (he does them, not as much as he used to before, that also came out during the conversation)
Move on, you can do better.
Reply 6
Original post by tupper_ware
Move on, you can do better.

Yeah I'm very turned off :yep:

Do most guys in their 20s prefer a certain kind of woman though?
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think he meant drug lords haha, more women who were open minded to taking drugs? (he does them, not as much as he used to before, that also came out during the conversation)

My bad. I myself, and I think this goes for all men, would ideally like a sexual partner who is compatible. Someone who wants to do the same things. I could never imagine ****ing someone at a festival myself. Perhaps I'd want to do something where there is a risk of being seen, but I would not want to be seen. If I decided I did want to do that, then obviously it would be preferable to have a consenting partner. Everyone wants a partner who is as liberal as they are, or more accurately one who wants to engage in the same activities, whatever they may be. No-one has to do drugs to have crazy sex lives. I'm not even sure that drug related activity and crazy sex lives are linked. Drug related activity and AIDS are, however, so for me it would definitely be preferable if my partner did not do drugs.

Hopefully that answers your questions :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I'm very turned off :yep:

Do most guys in their 20s prefer a certain kind of woman though?

I don't think so, everyone is different, you just met one guy with this ideal kinda girl, you'll meet other guys in their 20's who's ideal girl is totally different.
Reply 9
Original post by awkwardshortguy
My bad. I myself, and I think this goes for all men, would ideally like a sexual partner who is compatible. Someone who wants to do the same things. I could never imagine ****ing someone at a festival myself. Perhaps I'd want to do something where there is a risk of being seen, but I would not want to be seen. If I decided I did want to do that, then obviously it would be preferable to have a consenting partner. Everyone wants a partner who is as liberal as they are, or more accurately one who wants to engage in the same activities, whatever they may be. No-one has to do drugs to have crazy sex lives. I'm not even sure that drug related activity and crazy sex lives are linked. Drug related activity and AIDS are, however, so for me it would definitely be preferable if my partner did not do drugs.

Hopefully that answers your questions :smile:

Thanks :smile: Yep, maybe he just goes for those kinds of girls because he's like that too I guess? :s-smilie:
Original post by tupper_ware
I don't think so, everyone is different, you just met one guy with this ideal kinda girl, you'll meet other guys in their 20's who's ideal girl is totally different.

Thanks :smile: Yeah everyone has different tastes I guess, I just see a lot of 20something guys going for a certain kind of girl so thought that might be because they themselves are more "liberal"
Thanks :smile: Yep, maybe he just goes for those kinds of girls because he's like that too I guess? :s-smilie:

That sounds logical. People like to have things in common, even if just for something to talk about.
Wait till he gets herpes. That'll learn 'im.
Original post by TurboCretin
Wait till he gets herpes. That'll learn 'im.

That's mean :eek:

A lot of guys in their 20s seem to prefer girls like that though... I'm only 20 and not prudish but I wasn't brought up that way, dunno where to find a guy who actually does respect that :s-smilie:
That's mean :eek:

A lot of guys in their 20s seem to prefer girls like that though... I'm only 20 and not prudish but I wasn't brought up that way, dunno where to find a guy who actually does respect that :s-smilie:

A lot of guys do. They're just not necessarily the ones who are out in clubs every other night...
A lot of guys do. They're just not necessarily the ones who are out in clubs every other night...

I don't really meet guys in clubs TBH :smile:

Any recommendations on where to find someone like that? I'm in stuff like running clubs, but most of the blokes there are in their 40s or older :redface:
He doesn't seem to be a good catch. You'll be better off without him.
There are guys out there who do respect you for who you are.But these are not always the hot or popular ones. Some guys are not that upfront and maybe too shy to approach you.
Original post by captainofmydream
He doesn't seem to be a good catch. You'll be better off without him.
There are guys out there who do respect you for who you are.But these are not always the hot or popular ones. Some guys are not that upfront and maybe too shy to approach you.

Yeah, he's not particularly popular TBH, I just thought he'd be more sensible as he's almost 30 :redface:

So how do I date a guy like that then? thanks btw :smile:
I don't really meet guys in clubs TBH :smile:

Any recommendations on where to find someone like that? I'm in stuff like running clubs, but most of the blokes there are in their 40s or older :redface:

Are you at uni?
Are you at uni?

No, I'm working and planning to go as a mature student when I'm 22/23 (I think you posted on my thread actually?) :smile:

Most of my male colleagues are older than me, and I don't really think it's a good idea to date in the workplace anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending