The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Podiatry Applicants - Southampton University

Is anyone else applying for Podiatry in Southampton? Or has their interview in January? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes☺️ It's my first interview and I have no idea what to expect
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by BethanyO
Yes☺️ It's my first interview and I have no idea what to expect

Awh great I'll see you there!! On the 7th right? :smile: I'm coming over from Ireland I'm really look forward to it! I had an interview for Brighton and apprently southamptons interview is way less intense than brightons so we'll all be fine haha. Where else have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 3
Have you heard back from Brighton yet or got any offers?
Yeah the 7th! :smile: That's funny because Southampton is a higher ranked uni (and my first choice along with Brighton) but then again, Brighton is probably the most popular for podiatry specifically. I've got my interview for brighton on February 18th so I have plenty of time to prepare :smile: and I have an interview for East London on 14th jan which seems to consist of a lot! Still waiting to hear back from Northampton and Birmingham metr

I'll see you there! I loved Brighton so much I can't speak highly enough of it!! The students and tutors were so lovely.. you're going to be so impressed! If you'd like any help with questions or anything let me know. Im so excited to see Southampton its meant to be amazing!! Well done, at least you'll have brighton first to see what an interview is like :smile:
Have you heard back from Brighton yet or got any offers?

Noo not yet!! :frown: Im getting so anxious waiting haha.
I have an offer from Salford in Manchester and I got interview with Brighton, Northampton and Southampton but I withdrew Northampton. Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah the 7th! :smile: That's funny because Southampton is a higher ranked uni (and my first choice along with Brighton) but then again, Brighton is probably the most popular for podiatry specifically. I've got my interview for brighton on February 18th so I have plenty of time to prepare :smile: and I have an interview for East London on 14th jan which seems to consist of a lot! Still waiting to hear back from Northampton and Birmingham metr

I'm waiting on Northampton and Birmingham as well.
Original post by cdoyle
I'm waiting on Northampton and Birmingham as well.

I know Northampton definitely have interviews in January because I met a girl in Brighton going to it, so you'll have to hear back soon!! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Caoimheolivia
I know Northampton definitely have interviews in January because I met a girl in Brighton going to it, so you'll have to hear back soon!! :smile:

Cheers
Reply 9
Noo not yet!! :frown: Im getting so anxious waiting haha.
I have an offer from Salford in Manchester and I got interview with Brighton, Northampton and Southampton but I withdrew Northampton. Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh :smile:

Thats great, Salford must be the only one that do straight offers
what kind of things did they ask you at the Brighton interview? Are you going to replace Northampton with anything?
Thats great, Salford must be the only one that do straight offers
what kind of things did they ask you at the Brighton interview? Are you going to replace Northampton with anything?

Apparently Salford do have interviews so I'm not sure how that works haha they just didn't ask me for one :P No I'm just sticking with the 4, I didn't know any of the other unis so I'm happy with the choices I have. Plus flying over for every interview is so much trouble haha. I'll message you now :smile:
Reply 11
Apparently Salford do have interviews so I'm not sure how that works haha they just didn't ask me for one :P No I'm just sticking with the 4, I didn't know any of the other unis so I'm happy with the choices I have. Plus flying over for every interview is so much trouble haha. I'll message you now :smile:

Fair enough Ahaha :smile:
Reply 12
Hey how did your interviews go?
I have an interview for Southampton coming up, what is it like&what questions did you get asked?
I didn't like Brighton when I went to the open day and have got an interview at Huddersfield
When I visited Northampton a few students had transferred from Birmingham because they said the course wasn't very good as other universities
:smile:
Reply 13
Hi I have applied to southampton to do podiatry and my interview is on March 18th. Have you got any tips or advice you can give me?
Reply 14
Hey I haven't checked my appointment date m asking for advice and tips because I have mine soon
I've applied to Brighton, Birmingham Met, Northampton, Salford and Huddersfield. To be honest I only wanted to go to Birmingham (as it's closest) so worried that students have transferred from there! Do find it a bit strange though the way I can find barely any information on BMet. :/ Good luck for all your interviews - my UCAS hasn't been sent off yet! Eeeek! xxx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by tvdinner
I've applied to Brighton, Birmingham Met, Northampton, Salford and Huddersfield. To be honest I only wanted to go to Birmingham (as it's closest) so worried that students have transferred from there! Do find it a bit strange though the way I can find barely any information on BMet. :/ Good luck for all your interviews - my UCAS hasn't been sent off yet! Eeeek! xxx

I wanted to go to Birmingham too and found no information Northampton is good
Sorry just thought you would like to know x
Thank you :smile: I must go to a Northampton open day! Did you visit Bmet? I went and didn't find it too bad but of course you never know what the course is oging to be like unless you speak to current students xx
Reply 18
Original post by tvdinner
Thank you :smile: I must go to a Northampton open day! Did you visit Bmet? I went and didn't find it too bad but of course you never know what the course is oging to be like unless you speak to current students xx

I emailed the tutors and they were rude and I want a real university experience and I didn't get that at the college whereas I would at Northampton and 2 of the girls moved from Birmingham and there commute from rugby everyday x
Oh really, what did the tutors say?! I'm considering all my options now as my boyfriend is willing to move to wherever I decide, gawd bless him!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending