The Student Room Group

2015 Summer internship in the City - cheap accommodation?

Hi guys!

I've been fortunate enough to secure a 2015 IBD summer internship in the City. Unfortunately, I cannot extend my stay at my current student hall of a central London university.

Do you guys know of any cheap/practical accommodations for this type of work contract (10 weeks)? Surely there must be plenty in the area, thousands of summer interns come to London every year so there are options but I'm not sure where I should start looking.

For example, I heard Cass has some available rooms each summer but if you didn't study at Cass, I'm not sure you are allowed to rent a room.
You could always rent a cheap flat in Greater London and commute in every day. It'll probably work out cheaper.
Original post by Jasaron
You could always rent a cheap flat in Greater London and commute in every day. It'll probably work out cheaper.

You will not find anywhere up until Mid-June earliest. Look at Unite accommodation or other London universities LSE/UCL/Kings/Imperial they rent out to people who do not study at the respective unis.
Reply 3
I'd go for student halls of residence if possible (they often rent out rooms to the general public in the summer). Otherwise maybe try Airbnb - rooms on there tend to be cheaper than hotels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Try with Unite. Last summer I stayed in one of their student residence, I booked around March.
I know LSE rents out some of their halls over the summer, £230/pw or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
QMUL rents out their rooms to the general public starting 10th June. Stayed there last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending