The Student Room Group

men have an entitlement complex to.women, sex, power and status, discuss.

Scroll to see replies

With regards to society in general I think that both genders manifest entitlement however when it comes to sexual relationships it is most definitely women who feel entitled due to the mentioned princess mentality.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I';m not the one tearing down the stay at home dad! It's women who don't find it attractive! Although, I would not like to be one my whole life…

lol alpha talk right there bolded

Im sure most women would love a man who does his fair share of work around the house. You need to get a grip.
you sound Redpill bruh

You will have to clarify your basement dweller lingo with me.
Original post by Etomidate
You will have to clarify your basement dweller lingo with me.

Eh, well, I don't think you can campaign to change what someone is or is not attracted to. That just isn't how humans work. You might point to the whole 'my curves are beautiful' thing, but that never changed what men were attracted to, it only changed the self-worth of overweight women (whether thats a good/bad thing is another argument in itself).

Also, I feel the need to point out the difference between social acceptance and attraction. There is also a world of difference between not being attracted to something and developing a systematic, online hate campaign.

without being part of the online movement itself, you accept in this quote that there are certain base evolutionary drives that govern what hetero men and women are attracted to, that it is foolish and futile to alter through social engineering such as feminism for the purpose of total social equality that is just not applicable in practice. 'The patriarchy' is therefore not a social construct but the natural order according to evolutionary psychology, damning both men and women who fail to conform to gender roles and the laws of attraction equally. The most rational response is to embrace one's masculinity rather than fight nature for the sake of an undeveloped self-concept; self-concept and self-esteem being in essence the product of the modern liberal feel-good special snowflake nanny state in the West, phah
(edited 9 years ago)
without being part of the online movement itself, you accept in this quote that there are certain base evolutionary drives that govern what hetero men and women are attracted to

Yep, I agree with that.

that it is foolish and futile to alter through social engineering such as feminism for the purpose of total social equality that is just not applicable in practice. 'The patriarchy' is therefore not a social construct but the natural order according to evolutionary psychology

Do I think that young girls in the middle east should be able to go to school without being stoned to death? Yes

Do I think that women should be freely able to post images of their nipples on instagram (#freethenipple)? I couldn't give a flying **** either way.
Yep, I agree with that.

Do I think that young girls in the middle east should be able to go to school without being stoned to death? Yes

Do I think that women should be freely able to post images of their nipples on instagram (#freethenipple)? I couldn't give a flying **** either way.

By feminism I mean trying to apply feminist logic from social laws such as education (as you mention a serious problem in the Middle East) to relationships, where sexual attraction is the foundation.
By feminism I mean trying to apply feminist logic from social laws such as education (as you mention a serious problem in the Middle East) to relationships, where sexual attraction is the foundation.

How does this notion actually affect your day-to-day life? Give me some tangible examples that have happened to you.

I'm yet to be convinced that the notion of radical feminism genuinely exists beyond the fictional, online 'gender war'.
OK, so either most men IRL hold no entitlement complex, or hide it well enough for you not to notice.

How about the women? Did you observe any of them? Noticed anything explicitly entitled? How about something more subtle, say in relationship dynamics or conflict?

I've not noticed anything explicitly entitled amongst women, either. Nor anything subtle. Amongst the people I know and have known, there really is no sense of entitlement to wealth, power and status. They're just regular people in regular relationships (well, perhaps with a bit of kink thrown in :biggrin:), doing regular or creative jobs with a focus on a healthy work/life balance.

One of my friends recently got offered a promotion and turned it down, because he loves the job he's doing now. Another one of my friends left a promising career because he wanted to focus on his music. My female friends and I would much rather be with a man who has some time for us than a man with a high-flying career working 60+ hours a week. That's just a personal preference, not an entitlement.

Power and status are irrelevant, really. At least, to us. It's all about being happy in life, and for some that might be having lots of money and having a supermodel on your arm, whilst for others, like the people I hang out with, it's doing what you love, even if it doesn't make you wealthy, and being with who you love - people who love you for who are.
How does this notion actually affect your day-to-day life? Give me some tangible examples that have happened to you.

I'm yet to be convinced that the notion of radical feminism genuinely exists beyond the fictional, online 'gender war'.

see my parents divorce
not quite. Sob story ahead

Spoiler

see girls treated me like I was 10 years old when I was 18

see Riku's 'Superman' story, mine was fairly similar in that my ex met a hot guy friend and the rest as they say is history

see what I hear women saying about men you once thought they respected once you turn 18 and hit the bars with them; usually some variant of 'he's a beta'
(edited 9 years ago)
see my parents divorce

see Riku's 'Superman' story, mine was fairly similar in that my ex met a hot guy friend and the rest as they say is history

see what I hear women saying about men you once thought they respected once you turn 18 and hit the bars with them; usually some variant of 'he's a beta'

Oh, mate. Come on. I'm not even going to begin untangling that mess of neuroses and childhood pseudo-trauma. Call that a cop-out if you wish, but I'm not going to be your counsellor.

And citing anything posted by Riku as support is like hitting the self-destruct button. I'm out.
(edited 9 years ago)
see my parents divorce

See Rikus superman story? :lol:
Everyone knows who you are, they just dont say it out of...well I dont know.
Original post by sherlockfan
See Rikus superman story? :lol:
Everyone knows who you are, they just dont say it out of...well I dont know.

because the mods are deleting any reference to that account that's why! Stop wrecking it :mad:
because the mods are deleting any reference to that account that's why! Stop wrecking it :mad:

Stop referring to your other account then :lol: its just funny.
Oh, mate. Come on. I'm not even going to begin untangling that mess of neuroses and childhood pseudo-trauma. Call that a cop-out if you wish, but I'm not going to be your counsellor.

And citing anything posted by Riku as support is like hitting the self-destruct button. I'm out.

yes it's a cop-out. I gave you clear examples of different stages in my life showing examples of the problem. I could give examples of my friends' experiences too. Of course every 'every day life' experience will be subjective and anecdotal by default
Original post by Maths and cheesecake
By venturing out to into the real world' you mean you went to tesco to buy a couple of cans of beans and, boldy decided to check out with the human til instead of the self-help machine ?

That's exactly what I meant. I'd never realized how liberating life could be up until that point. Supermarket cashiers are what I live for.

Original post by The_Internet
No. Just no.. I'll move this to..society in a bit

Hey! :unimpressed:

Not you, you're relatively normal. I mean that with the utmost sincerity.

Plus I like you. :smile:
Reply 75
Is this like when a guy asks out a woman and when she rejects he turns on her? Like "You're ugly anyway". I used to see that all the time at school. But never in gender reverse. Hmm.
Original post by iammeyouareyou
That's exactly what I meant. I'd never realized how liberating life could be up until that point. Supermarket cashiers are what I live for.

Not you, you're relatively normal. I mean that with the utmost sincerity.

Plus I like you. :smile:

Wooh for "relatively normal" :woo: Thanks! :h:

Likewise :smile:
Original post by Truths
Is this like when a guy asks out a woman and when she rejects he turns on her? Like "You're ugly anyway". I used to see that all the time at school. But never in gender reverse. Hmm.

that's NIce Guy complex

The entire thread is devil's advocate, I believe a vast number of young Western women have an entitlement complex as a result of third wave feminism. It is very difficult to argue against any wave of feminism without instantly looking like you don't believe women should have the vote or anything, which I absolutely support. But relationship dynamics these days are a nightmare to navigate.
Original post by rachelc142
yes I know it was less you and more the other guy that I quoted haha :smile:

I know, never understood it myself

Exposed :holmes2:

I didnt mean any offence but a lot of females these days are irrational and are extremely unreasonable. Maybe its the way society has conditioned them to be idk.
Original post by Kittiara
I've not noticed anything explicitly entitled amongst women, either. Nor anything subtle. Amongst the people I know and have known, there really is no sense of entitlement to wealth, power and status. They're just regular people in regular relationships (well, perhaps with a bit of kink thrown in :biggrin:), doing regular or creative jobs with a focus on a healthy work/life balance.

One of my friends recently got offered a promotion and turned it down, because he loves the job he's doing now. Another one of my friends left a promising career because he wanted to focus on his music. My female friends and I would much rather be with a man who has some time for us than a man with a high-flying career working 60+ hours a week. That's just a personal preference, not an entitlement.

Power and status are irrelevant, really. At least, to us. It's all about being happy in life, and for some that might be having lots of money and having a supermodel on your arm, whilst for others, like the people I hang out with, it's doing what you love, even if it doesn't make you wealthy, and being with who you love - people who love you for who are.

perhaps I am surrounding myself in too much of a superficial virtual world. :redface:

Original post by Professor Purple
Exposed :holmes2:

I didnt mean any offence but a lot of females these days are irrational and are extremely unreasonable. Maybe its the way society has conditioned them to be idk.

see princess syndrome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending