The Student Room Group

AQA English LIt B Educating Rita Coursework

Is anyone else doing this text for coursework. I can't stand the play and I'm struggling to answer my coursework question.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know this is a late reply but when you asked the question I wasnt even doing it lol. I started A level english lit this year and we're studying this play for our upcoming course work so far not enjoying english lit at all!!!
Original post by Tj789
I know this is a late reply but when you asked the question I wasnt even doing it lol. I started A level english lit this year and we're studying this play for our upcoming course work so far not enjoying english lit at all!!!

I hated this play so much but thank goodness I got an A! Yeah, I love English Lit in general, it's just so different to what I thought it would be. I'm retaking my AS exam this year as well. It's so easy but so hard at the same time. A2 coursework is a nightmare right now, so like cherish the courseworks you're doing now haha! Good luck!
Original post by S.Mundane
I hated this play so much but thank goodness I got an A! Yeah, I love English Lit in general, it's just so different to what I thought it would be. I'm retaking my AS exam this year as well. It's so easy but so hard at the same time. A2 coursework is a nightmare right now, so like cherish the courseworks you're doing now haha! Good luck!

You doing the gothic or pastoral this year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

We're doing English Lit AQA A which I think is harder compared to B. Our coursework is really weird we're meant to writer about how the author presents comedy...how would you do that? Congratz on that A!!
Original post by Tj789
We're doing English Lit AQA A which I think is harder compared to B. Our coursework is really weird we're meant to writer about how the author presents comedy...how would you do that? Congratz on that A!!

Thanks :smile: We did comedy as well! My question was messed up. Something about comedy in the play going from bad to good or something like that. I still have my essay if you want it.
Reply 6
Thanks :smile: We did comedy as well! My question was messed up. Something about comedy in the play going from bad to good or something like that. I still have my essay if you want it.

I would love to see it. Tanx a lot! How's A2 going?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tj789
I would love to see it. Tanx a lot! How's A2 going?

I think this is the most recent one I have. I'm not certain though. A2 is okay. I love the texts I'm doing. It's just I struggle with the exam essays.
Reply 8
I think this is the most recent one I have. I'm not certain though. A2 is okay. I love the texts I'm doing. It's just I struggle with the exam essays.

Hey, I read through your essay and just one word: WOW!

I noticed you slightly went over the word limit, is this acceptable because I heard aqa will not accept anything over?
Original post by Tj789
Hey, I read through your essay and just one word: WOW!

I noticed you slightly went over the word limit, is this acceptable because I heard aqa will not accept anything over?

Thanks :smile: It is slightly over but AQA allow you to go 10% over the word limit. Edexcel don't let you go over it at all.
Reply 10
Thanks :smile: It is slightly over but AQA allow you to go 10% over the word limit. Edexcel don't let you go over it at all.

NO way?! I was like 50 words over and my teacher said she couldnt take it in because of that!
Original post by Tj789
NO way?! I was like 50 words over and my teacher said she couldnt take it in because of that!

Seriously? Maybe it's cos you're doing Lit A not B but that's what we were told.
Reply 12
Seriously? Maybe it's cos you're doing Lit A not B but that's what we were told.

No im doing B, does it say this on the AQA website so I can show my teacher?

Original post by Tj789
No im doing B, does it say this on the AQA website so I can show my teacher?

I always thought you could go over by 10% too, however I've just seen this from a LITB2 examiner report :redface:

1420231185233.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Changing Skies
I always thought you could go over by 10% too, however I've just seen this from a LITB2 examiner report :redface:

1420231185233.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do B...so I should be allowed to go over 10% right?
Original post by Tj789
I do B...so I should be allowed to go over 10% right?

I don't think you are allowed :no: that's from the B specification :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. That's the first I've heard about this. I'm guessing its the same for A2 as well then?
Reply 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesnt make sense, I do AQA B...so I should follow that spec?
Oh. That's the first I've heard about this. I'm guessing its the same for A2 as well then?

I think so yes :redface:

Original post by Tj789
That doesnt make sense, I do AQA B...so I should follow that spec?

What doesn't make sense?
Reply 19
I think so yes :redface:

What doesn't make sense?

Well you should me a spec for English Lit B right? I said Im doing English Lit B therefore this should apply to me, but you said no it doesnt because its for B?!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending