The Student Room Group

Saw him looking at my legs?

Scroll to see replies

Are you being serious? People look at things all the time, and it doesn't mean anything. Some guys look at legs all the time, but it doesn't necessarily mean they fancy the person who owns said legs.

If he was staring at your legs and started drooling, then I'd say that's a sign. Otherwise, don't look too far into it. Unless you're really desperate, or really like him, in which case go for it and see where it gets you :biggrin:
Nice legs daisy dukes makes a man go....http://youtu.be/DRZ-9mp1MJM

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
It means that he is a bit excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
He wants the v
Reply 24
Original post by Sweetiebabe
Do you feel uncomfortable with it? This is also happening to me at this new job i have, the boss will be staring at my chest the whole time I'm talking to him and he winks at me everytime I go past his office and will just watch me until I turn around the corner, I tried to observe if he does this with the other female employees but I haven't seen it happen.

This sounds like sexual harassment.
Original post by Ronove

This sounds like casually throwing a serious accusation around based solely on someone's perception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
Maybe you are reading too much into it, however if you are uncomfortable with him doing that then confront him about it, in all honestly he may have simply just happened to look in that direction.

If he keeps staring at her fine. Confront him over a look? That's a bit excessive and would lead to a lot of awkwardness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwertyking
If he keeps staring at her fine. Confront him over a look? That's a bit excessive and would lead to a lot of awkwardness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's more what I meant, if he kept on doing it, but if it's a one off then as I said think the OP might be reading too much into it.
Original post by Rock Fan
Yeah that's more what I meant, if he kept on doing it, but if it's a one off then as I said think the OP might be reading too much into it.

Ok fair enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronove

Don't be ridiculous.
Reply 30
Original post by Birkenhead
Don't be ridiculous.

Oh, sorry, my mistake - it sounds like totally acceptable behaviour towards a junior member of staff. Not inappropriate at all.
Original post by Ronove
Oh, sorry, my mistake - it sounds like totally acceptable behaviour towards a junior member of staff. Not inappropriate at all.

There's nothing here that could reasonably be described as full on sexual harassment, which is what you said it was.
Reply 32
There's nothing here that could reasonably be described as full on sexual harassment, which is what you said it was.

Maybe the user in question should run it by HR and see how quickly they tell the boss to watch himself.
Original post by Ronove
Maybe the user in question should run it by HR and see how quickly they tell the boss to watch himself.

What did he do that qualifies as 'sexual harassment' under current English law?
It doesn't necessarily mean he cares if you notice, he's just after a bit and you probably weren't the first that 10 minutes
Reply 35
What did he do that qualifies as 'sexual harassment' under current English law?

":undefined:taring at my chest the whole time I'm talking to him and he winks at me everytime I go past his office and will just watch me until I turn around the corner" could quite reasonably be deemed to be 'leering' or 'looking or staring at a person's body'.
Original post by Ronove
":undefined:taring at my chest the whole time I'm talking to him and he winks at me everytime I go past his office and will just watch me until I turn around the corner" could quite reasonably be deemed to be 'leering' or 'looking or staring at a person's body'.

I don't think anything here could reasonably be termed 'leering' and 'looking or staring at a person's body' is not sexual harassment, for goodness sake.

Staring and winking are not on their own enough to qualify as sexual harassment. The former could quite easily be innocuous lust and the latter could be simple friendliness.

Here is a page on what the definition is of sexual harassment in this country. I suggest you use it to educate your understanding on the matter before casting aspersions.

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/your-rights/equal-rights/gender/sex-discrimination-your-rights-work/sexual-harassment/sexual-harassment-your-rights
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
I don't think anything here could reasonably be termed 'leering' and 'looking or staring at a person's body' is not sexual harassment, for goodness sake.

Staring and winking are not on their own enough to qualify as sexual harassment. The former could quite easily be innocuous lust and the latter could be simple friendliness.

Here is a page on what the definition is of sexual harassment into his country. I suggest you use it to educate your understanding on the matter before casting aspersions.

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/your-rights/equal-rights/gender/sex-discrimination-your-rights-work/sexual-harassment/sexual-harassment-your-rights

What on earth does it being 'innocuous lust' or 'simple friendliness' matter? Do you know the law on this? The boss' intentions/feelings have nothing to do with it. Maybe it's you that needs to work on your understanding:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/2467/regulation/5/made
Original post by Ronove
What on earth does it being 'innocuous lust' or 'simple friendliness' matter? Do you know the law on this? The boss' intentions/feelings have nothing to do with it. Maybe it's you that needs to work on your understanding:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/2467/regulation/5/made

I do, and it clearly isn't me that is lacking in understanding. The point is that nothing the boss has done correlates with the current legal definition of sexual harassment in England. It is up to you to prove otherwise and your link to this definition only further encourages me that you are being far too free with your aspersions.

For the purpose of clarity, let us insert the relevant legal articles here:

Harassment and Sexual Harassment
5. In the 1975 Act, after section 4 (discrimination by way of victimisation), insert—
“Harassment, including sexual harassment

4A. (1) For the purposes of this Act, a person subjects a woman to harassment if—
(a)on the ground of her sex, he engages in unwanted conduct that has the purpose or effect—
(i)of violating her dignity, or
(ii)of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for her,
(b)he engages in any form of unwanted verbal, non-verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that has the purpose or effect—
(i)of violating her dignity, or
(ii)of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for her, or
(c)on the ground of her rejection of or submission to unwanted conduct of a kind mentioned in paragraph (a) or (b), he treats her less favourably than he would treat her had she not rejected, or submitted to, the conduct.
(2) Conduct shall be regarded as having the effect mentioned in sub-paragraph (i) or (ii) of subsection (1)(a) or (b) only if, having regard to all the circumstances, including in particular the perception of the woman, it should reasonably be considered as having that effect.
(3) For the purposes of this Act, a person (“A”) subjects another person (“B”) to harassment if—
(a)A, on the ground that B intends to undergo, is undergoing or has undergone gender reassignment, engages in unwanted conduct that has the purpose or effect—
(i)of violating B’s dignity, or
(ii)of creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for B, or
(b)A, on the ground of B’s rejection of or submission to unwanted conduct of a kind mentioned in paragraph (a), treats B less favourably than A would treat B had B not rejected, or submitted to, the conduct.
(4) Conduct shall be regarded as having the effect mentioned in sub-paragraph (i) or (ii) of subsection (3)(a) only if, having regard to all the circumstances, including in particular the perception of B, it should reasonably be considered as having that effect.
(5) Subsection (1) is to be read as applying equally to the harassment of men, and for that purpose shall have effect with such modifications as are requisite.
(6) For the purposes of subsections (1) and (3), a provision of Part 2 or 3 framed with reference to harassment of women shall be treated as applying equally to the harassment of men, and for that purpose will have effect with such modifications as are requisite.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
I do, and it clearly isn't me that is lacking in understanding. The point is that nothing the boss has done correlates with the current legal definition of sexual harassment in England. It is up to you to prove otherwise and your link to this definition only further encourages me that you are being far too free with your aspersions.

...if you say so.

Where do you work, the early 90s?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending