The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Does anyone know whether it's possible to do part/all of your research block abroad as part of the AFP? Even it's say a 2 month project abroad out of the 4 allocated? Thanks.
Anyone else got a Bristol interview?
Was in the middle of PBL when the Norwich AFP interviews were going on yesterday :teehee:
yep me (Bristol). On Thursday?
(edited 9 years ago)
Not long before AFP offers are made!

Was just wondering, does anyone know how the "satisfactory" SJT part of the offer works? Do they know our score beforehand so won't offer us anything if it is very low, or do we wait until March like everyone else and then they can accept us for certain?

I was worrying that if I don't get an offer it may be because my SJT is horrendously low!
Original post by alicexelizabeth

Was just wondering, does anyone know how the "satisfactory" SJT part of the offer works? Do they know our score beforehand so won't offer us anything if it is very low, or do we wait until March like everyone else and then they can accept us for certain?

I was worrying that if I don't get an offer it may be because my SJT is horrendously low!

It's the latter I believe. You get an offer and you wait until March, and if your SJT is under the cutoff your place gets given to someone else.
Remember though, once you have an AFP offer your total score out of 100 only needs to be equal to or higher than the lowest score that would get you into the foundation school with the lowest cutoff this year (i.e. the lowest score that would get you on the primary list had you been relegated from the AFP process to the standard FP process). So for example if you get an AFP offer from a foundation school whose cutoff for standard FP is 80, this doesn't mean you have to get an SJT score that would put your total at 80, it only means you need to get an SJT score that would get you into the least subscribed deanery this year. Last year it was Scotland and the cutoff was 67.

That's statistically very unlikely to happen (P<0.05)
Original post by Toiletpaper8
That's statistically very unlikely to happen (P<0.05)

Ha, well you never know! I didn't think it went overly well but I suppose you can't tell with these sorts of tests!

Thanks for your help guys, hopefully there will be good news for you all on the 21st!
Ha, well you never know! I didn't think it went overly well but I suppose you can't tell with these sorts of tests!

Thanks for your help guys, hopefully there will be good news for you all on the 21st!

Good luck to you too, hope it all goes well!
Absolutely bricking January 21st. :frown:
Original post by i'm no superman
Absolutely bricking January 21st. :frown:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - but what's the worst that can happen?... you still end up with a job one way or another! :tongue:
Reply 251
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - but what's the worst that can happen?... you still end up with a job one way or another! :tongue:

Where have you applied / got interviews for.
Reply 252

Original post by abc44

That would be telling :tongue: I've had two interviews, in two beautiful cities :wink:
Reply 254
That would be telling :tongue: I've had two interviews, in two beautiful cities :wink:

Didn't realise it was a secret. The whole point of this group is to share our AFP experience.
Original post by abc44

South West and Thames.
Only a few more days everyone!

Quite nervous about it now!
Reply 257

Not long at all to go!

I'm an odd mixture of excited and nervous.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 258
I honestly couldn't care anymore. I'd still be happy with my first two normal FPAS choices.

Same! I'm forcing myself to keep busy with my GP audit and reflective assignment but I just want closure with it all now. I really don't want to have to wait until March to find out otherwise!!

Latest

Trending

Trending