The Student Room Group

Best airport in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Native Briton-
You mean the place where you can go to jail if you kiss a female friend on the cheek to say goodbye ??

Yep, also that's not true.
Other PDA are not permitted and you gotta respect that when you're in their country
Reply 41
Original post by Back Pain
Then that company should've given the money to urban regeneration instead, as the people living in nearby slums will never see those pretty fake photos you posted. Another example of how money goes to the rich and not the poor who need it...

You think these are 'fake' photos...

Tell the Government and the company that built Heathrow's new £2.5bn terminal, that they should have given the money to regenerate rundown council estates instead.

There's a little thing called 'development', it happens to raise people living standards in the long run. An airport brings in a spur in infrastructure, investment and jobs in the surrounding area.

Of course all of this is lost on you. But then again, you don't really give a damn about the poor slum dwellers in India. You're just a jelly little boy who's bitter that the Indians have something nice, and have to try and crap on it. Haha.
(edited 9 years ago)
You mean the place where you can go to jail if you kiss a female friend on the cheek to say goodbye ??

And it's too bad people don't judge the best airport in the world by how intimate you can be with others
Original post by binarythoughts
And it's too bad people don't judge the best airport in the world by how intimate you can be with others

Dubai airport is a dump regardless!!
Original post by Yawn!
You think these are 'fake' photos...wow, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Tell the Government and the company that built Heathrow's new £2.5bn terminal, that they should have given the money to regenerate rundown council estates instead.

There's a little thing called 'development', it happens to raise people living standards in the long run. An airport brings in a spur in infrastructure, investment and jobs in the surrounding area.

Shut your trap and jog on.

People who live in UK council estates have a lot more money than people living in poverty in Mumbai. There's a difference between this:

and this:

I'm not jealous of India having something nice. I'm annoyed that they have the wrong nice. Wouldn't it be nicer if those slums looked a bit more in line with UK council estates? Places where people at least have some chance at surviving poverty. An airport should be the last thing on the agenda. It was only built for the rich to sit in opulence while the rest of your country starve.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dubai airport is a dump regardless!!

Thanks for sharing your opinion :smile:
Washington Dulles International Airport.
I actually quite like Gatwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
X.

Would it be nicer if Indian slums look like UK council estates?

No, I don't think so. But I since you chose one of the worst pics to represent India, I thought I'd reply in kind. It's easier to look down and judge from that pedestal you put yourself on, but not everyone is buying it anymore.

You haven't answered my original question, do you not think that the British Government would have better spent that £2.5bn Heathrow expansion (mainly used to serve rich and Middle-class Britons holidaying) on poor UK council estates like the one above?

You and I both know you don't care one bit about the poor slum dwellers. You're simply the lowest form of scum, using their tragedy as biting points in an off-topic argument to give yourself a neo-colonialist orgasm.

As I mentioned before, and you so clearly avoided, DEVELOPMENT will help the poor in the long run. An airport is not a vanity project, it is a vital piece of infrastructure that will provide the livelihoods of many people in the area.

It's funny that this thread is about AIRPORTS, and as soon as a nice Indian airport showed up, you got your knickers in a twist and threw a hissy fit.

Not because you're bitter, jelly and irrelevant... but because you care so much about the poor in India, of course.....
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 49
India has been sprucing its airports in the past few years :tongue:
Original post by Yawn!
Would it be nicer if Indian slums look like UK council estates?

No, I don't think so. But I since you chose one of the worst pics to represent India, I thought I'd reply in kind. It's easier to look down and judge from that pedestal you put yourself on, but not everyone is buying it anymore.

You haven't answered my original question, do you not think that the British Government would have better spent that £2.5bn Heathrow expansion (mainly used to serve rich and Middle-clas Britions holidaying) on poor UK council estates like the one above?

You and I both know you don't care one bit about the poor slum dwellers. You're simply the lowest form of scum, using their tragedy as biting points in an off-topic argument to give yourself a neo-colonialist orgasm.

As I mentioned before, and you so clearly avoided, DEVELOPMENT will help the poor in the long run. An airport is not a vanity project, it is a vital piece of infrastructure that will provide the livelihoods of many people in the area.

It;s funny that this thread is about AIRPORTS, and as soon as a nice Indian airport showed up, you got your knickers in a twist and threw a hissy fit.

Not because you're bitter, jelly and irrelevant, but because you care so much about the poor in India, of course.....

Those council estates are still better than the slums because they're made from solid construction materials through which proper sanitation/electricity can run effectively just like any 'normal' house in the UK. Slum dwellers have no electricity, sanitation in their 'shacks' which are made from corrugated metal and any usable construction material salvageable from landfill sites.

Well apparently Heathrow airport had been operating at maximum capacity for a long time and still is. Is this true for Mumbai? Where's the evidence supporting your claims that it increases development in the long run? You mean new jobs? Jobs for whom? The slum dwellers? I highly doubt it!

An airport to me is just 'an airport'. A place to get from A to B. I don't see it as a thing that increases development in the long run at all.

Development for whom exactly? It will only increase development of high wealth sectors, none of the wealth will filter down to the poor who need it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 51
Those council estates are still better than the slums because they're made from solid construction materials through which proper sanitation/electricity can run effectively just like any 'normal' house in the UK. Slum dwellers have no electricity, sanitation in their 'shacks' which are made from corrugated metal and any usable construction material salvageable from landfill sites.

Well apparently Heathrow airport had been operating at maximum capacity for a long time and still is. Is this true for Mumbai? Where's the evidence supporting your claims that it increases development in the long run? You mean new jobs? Jobs for whom? The slum dwellers? I highly doubt it!

An airport to me is just 'an airport'. A place to get from A to B. I don't see it as a thing that increases development in the long run at all.

Development for whom exactly?

Okay, I'm done with you. I could actually answer your question in detail since my degree and knowledge touches upon this field, but it would be wasted on one as simple as you. I should have taken my own advice about dealing with a...certain group of people...which I obviously can't say out loud.

All I'm going to say is enjoy your dwindling time of arrogance and superiority while it lasts (and it isn't going to last much longer). And remember, what goes around, comes around.
Original post by Yawn!
Okay, I'm done with you. I could actually answer your question in detail since my degree and knowledge touches upon this field, but it would be wasted on one as simple as you. I should have taken my own advice about dealing with a...certain group of people...which I obviously can't say out loud.

All I'm going to say is enjoy your dwindling time of arrogance and superiority while it lasts (and it isn't going to last much longer). And remember, what goes around, comes around.

Yes your having a degree means you know a lot more about this than I do, but your points seemed bias along with ad hominem. You should look at this it further detail like I'm doing. You are missing the bigger picture.
Reply 53
Yes your having a degree means you know a lot more about this than I do, but your points seemed bias along with ad hominem. You should look at this it further detail like I'm doing. You are missing the bigger picture.

No, no. We're done.

Clearly you, the guy who has only ignorant, stereotypical arguments to make, and can't answer one simple question about Heathrow, are right. And I, the guy who has studied for years and knows a hell of a lot more about India than you do, am wrong.

Congrats, you successfully derailed a thread about airports with your jelly bitterness and an opinion on India that nobody asked for, or cares about.
Original post by Yawn!
No, no. We're done.

Clearly you, the guy who has only ignorant, stereotypical arguments to make, and can't answer one simple question about Heathrow, are right. And I, the guy who has studied for years and knows a hell of a lot more about India than you do, am wrong.

Congrats, you successfully derailed a thread about airports with your jelly bitterness and an opinion on India that nobody asked for, or cares about.

Stop trolling.
Reply 56
Original post by mr.tcbj

My thoughts exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you have to do with the airport?
The plane lands on the runway and every airport in the world has the runway.so every airport is best.
Original post by Yawn!
This one in Mumbai is definitely a contender. Blew me away. It doesn't have a cold feel like so many airports. This one felt warm, with lots of character.

woooow when did this happen? :eek:

I've only ever been to Chhrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai and its looks nothing like this. :lol: This the new one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending