The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Yeah I don't think you've got much to worry about your grades are great

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't really stand out though, as many on here have the same and some have been rejected for some reason- can't remember who but that person with like 7 AS and an a* already in maths! But thanks :smile:
Original post by Anaarutyunyan
They don't really stand out though, as many on here have the same and some have been rejected for some reason- can't remember who but that person with like 7 AS and an a* already in maths! But thanks :smile:

I should be worrying about this not you!Hopefully we'd get our offers
My grades are much worse than yours!
Yes hopefully! Warwick is such a lovely uni :biggrin:
Original post by Anaarutyunyan
Who's received an offer from Warwick? I applied in October and heard nothing yet:frown:

I'm the same! Applied on the 15th of October to three different Warwick economics courses, and while I've had a Cambridge interview I've been rejected from my warwick PPE and haven't heard anything from the others even though I've already got the A* in maths and predicted 4A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RuairiJH
I'm the same! Applied on the 15th of October to three different Warwick economics courses, and while I've had a Cambridge interview I've been rejected from my warwick PPE and haven't heard anything from the others even though I've already got the A* in maths and predicted 4A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow 3 warwick courses, sorry about the ppe one :frown: which other courses did you apply for?

Just out of curiosity why so many warwick courses?
Wow 3 warwick courses, sorry about the ppe one :frown: which other courses did you apply for?

Just out of curiosity why so many warwick courses?

Straight economics and economics with politics and international relations. When I was doing my applications I was only really thinking about Warwick and Cambridge economics, the PPE option was because I did the villiers PPE course and really enjoyed it and the other course was because I really enjoy world relations. I didn't want to go to the London unis and I was only looking at the top unis so didn't really look at anywhere else. Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RuairiJH
Straight economics and economics with politics and international relations. When I was doing my applications I was only really thinking about Warwick and Cambridge economics, the PPE option was because I did the villiers PPE course and really enjoyed it and the other course was because I really enjoy world relations. I didn't want to go to the London unis and I was only looking at the top unis so didn't really look at anywhere else. Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I guess maybe you were rejected for ppe because your ps didn't quite fit

Cambridge and warwick are my favourites too :biggrin:
I've got offers from warwick durham notts and leeds, so it'll probably be warwick I end up at :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I guess maybe you were rejected for ppe because your ps didn't quite fit

Cambridge and warwick are my favourites too :biggrin:
I've got offers from warwick durham notts and leeds, so it'll probably be warwick I end up at :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 offers!Well done!
Original post by Skill Twix
4 offers!Well done!

Thanks! Only another week until I find out about Cambridge as well gah
What does everyone think about Durham for Economics?
Original post by Hody421
Any Durham offer holders here?

What are your stats?
Anybody else waiting in Oxbridge think that stats ums will be significant? Getting a bit worried as I only got an 88 but my maths ums is 300/300 and I got a 98 in d1 and 91 in fp1. Just worried that competition is so intense that it's stuff like this they're gonna pick up on 😕😕
Original post by jchap9776
Anybody else waiting in Oxbridge think that stats ums will be significant? Getting a bit worried as I only got an 88 but my maths ums is 300/300 and I got a 98 in d1 and 91 in fp1. Just worried that competition is so intense that it's stuff like this they're gonna pick up on 😕😕

Hmm I'm not sure one stats module is what they reject people on there'd have to be other factors plus your maths av ums is 96 so I doubt that's something they'd pick on tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm I'm not sure one stats module is what they reject people on there'd have to be other factors plus your maths av ums is 96 so I doubt that's something they'd pick on tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers for the reassurance, some people linked some guardian article on the camb applicants thread that defo scared me a bit haha. Idk about you but I'm getting pretty nervous for the 10th :frown:
Cheers for the reassurance, some people linked some guardian article on the camb applicants thread that defo scared me a bit haha. Idk about you but I'm getting pretty nervous for the 10th :frown:

Same but I guess there's nothing we can do, I'd literally forgotten until today that I'd sent essays off in November or something ridiculous, which sort of reassures me that it's not all just going to be based on my one 25 minute interview
Although I am definitely expecting a rejection aha :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same but I guess there's nothing we can do, I'd literally forgotten until today that I'd sent essays off in November or something ridiculous, which sort of reassures me that it's not all just going to be based on my one 25 minute interview
Although I am definitely expecting a rejection aha :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I guess at least essays is another criterion for them to pick you. All I have is my grades and my interview - which didn't feel that great! Waiting is so long, I'd just hate to get a phone call telling me I have another interview!! Well at least you have Warwick in the bag already :smile:
Ah I guess at least essays is another criterion for them to pick you. All I have is my grades and my interview - which didn't feel that great! Waiting is so long, I'd just hate to get a phone call telling me I have another interview!! Well at least you have Warwick in the bag already :smile:

Yeah true and I do love warwick, it's just when you get to cambridge your like wow this is so nice I could imagine myself here and that's going to make a rejection so much worse :redface:

I hope your cambridge response is good, we'll have to let each other know the outcome on Saturday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah true and I do love warwick, it's just when you get to cambridge your like wow this is so nice I could imagine myself here and that's going to make a rejection so much worse :redface:

I hope your cambridge response is good, we'll have to let each other know the outcome on Saturday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've done way too much 'picturing myself at Cambridge' too! Yes and to you, best of luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us :smile: :smile:
I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham(maths and economics), Exeter and Birmingham on 14th October.

Stats:
AABB in AS economics, business, maths and further maths.
Predicted A*A*AB in economics, business, maths and further maths.

My GCSE's weren't particularly great because I messed things up in year 11 and I went to a school at the bottom of the secondary school league table, but since then I've moved to another sixth form and my grades were significantly improved.

GCSE 1A* 1A 6B's 4C's 1E

Oxford - Rejected
Nottingham - A*AA or A*AB or AAAA
Exeter - A*A*A
Birmingham - AAA or AABB

Still haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet but I'm worried that my grades are not as high as they wanted...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by betrueoriginal
I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham(maths and economics), Exeter and Birmingham on 14th October.

Stats:
AABB in AS economics, business, maths and further maths.
Predicted A*A*AB in economics, business, maths and further maths.

My GCSE's weren't particularly great because I messed things up in year 11 and I went to a school at the bottom of the secondary school league table, but since then I've moved to another sixth form and my grades were significantly improved.

GCSE 1A* 1A 6B's 4C's 1E

Oxford - Rejected
Nottingham - A*AA or A*AB or AAAA
Exeter - A*A*A
Birmingham - AAA or AABB

Still haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet but I'm worried that my grades are not as high as they wanted...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi haven't seen you on the thread before :biggrin:

Sorry about the oxford rejection :frown: what are you thinking as putting as firm and insurance at the moment? :smile:

Also with the warwick thing no news may be good news plenty of people who I thought would definitely get in have been rejected so maybe not hearing anything isn't as bad as you think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending