The Student Room Group

Girls: if a guy called you "moderately pretty"?

Scroll to see replies

I'd consider it a compliment. A compliment that would send him straight to the friendzone, but a compliment nonetheless.
Either say she's pretty or say nothing. Moderately pretty sounds ridiculous :wink:
Do not say that to a girl. Either tell her "you're pretty" or nothing at all lol
Reply 23
Original post by Another
I'd consider it a compliment. A compliment that would send him straight to the friendzone, but a compliment nonetheless.

Why would it send him straight to the friendzone? Would "very pretty" remove him from the friendzone?
Pretty isn't even that much of a compliment.

Like "ooh this snail shell is pretty..."

:awesome:
Original post by FuelBowser
No, I'm the guy.

I'm planning on telling a girl I want to flirt with that's she's "moderately pretty"

Don't want to call her "pretty" as that's too much of an ego boost and she gets told that by too many men already.

I want her to know that I find her OK looking but I'm not head of heels for her

You find her face acceptable and you're not even that crazy about her, why bother at all?
Why would it send him straight to the friendzone? Would "very pretty" remove him from the friendzone?

That comment says either one of two things to me:

1) He's going to be a bit of a jackass constantly throughout the relationship, ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

2) He's clearly not that interested. Why do I want to waste my energy and time pursuing someone who is not interested?

"Very Pretty" Might do, and might not. If you consider a scale whereby "5" is sexual attraction, "0" is would never consider dating, and "-5" is friendzone. The comment "You are moderately attractive" would set you back to a -3. "You are very pretty" would have an overall value of 1 or 0. Basically, if you do choose to go with the aforementioned comment, you're gonna have to dig yourself out of a pretty deep pit.

Alternatively, if you're talking to a bimbo whereby blatantly obvious negging legitimately works, you might be alright.
Reply 27
Original post by sliceofcake
You find her face acceptable and you're not even that crazy about her, why bother at all?

Oh I am crazy about her really, but can't come across too keen, so I'm planning a weak compliment, to let her know I'm interested, but not that interested
I am a girl and seeing that i am so sensitive and can ponder over things for days, I would rather you didn't say anything at all.
Wouldn't care less. I'd just think it was funny and shoot back 'well you're moderately handsome too' or something.

]
It sounds like something that someone would say if they had poor social skills. You don't want to come across too try hard. It looks like you're actively trying to take her down a peg.
Why not avoid mentioning her looks at all and comment on her character. If she's a pretty girl and used to compliments about her appearance, be different and compliment something else.
(edited 9 years ago)
How is that possibly a good idea :facepalm:

If you like someone why would you not want to make them feel good about themselves?

Is this some weird pick up artist crap where you mix insults/complements. Is it called negging? Am I learning the ways of the internet cretins?
(edited 9 years ago)
Would you take it as a compliment? Or take it badly ?

That's not a complimentz
Reply 33
Original post by Catholic_
That's not a complimentz

Being told you're pretty but not super pretty isn't a compliment if you're Katy Perry

But for your average girl being told you're "moderately pretty" is a compliment
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
How would you feel if a girl called you 'moderately handsome'? Don't be so stupid. If you don't think she's pretty, don't insult her by adding such a restrictive qualifier. You shouldn't be trying to flirt with girls if you don't see how hurtful that could be...

I agree, being hurtful is so last year.
Being told you're pretty but not super pretty isn't a compliment if you're Katy Perry

But for your average girl being told you're "moderately pretty" is a compliment

There just isn't any need for the "moderately" part, most girls would rather you say nothing than say that :lol:
Reply 36
Original post by Precious Illusions
There just isn't any need for the "moderately" part, most girls would rather you say nothing than say that :lol:

If someone said I was "moderately handsome", I'd take it as, I'm no Johnny Depp, but I'm still a good looking guy
Lol you said that other men tell her how pretty she is already, why then would she even consider someone who only 'moderately' likes her?
Reply 38
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Lol you said that other men tell her how pretty she is already, why then would she even consider someone who only 'moderately' likes her?

She will be intrigued as to why I am not blown away with her like other men, making me more of a challenge
She will be intrigued as to why I am not blown away with her like other men, making me more of a challenge

Lol in your dreams. If you said that to me when others had complimented me properly, I wouldn't even give you the time of day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending