The Student Room Group

Is this bad?

So I've just been on a second date with a girl, the first date went for drinks and at then end of the night she hugged me and say goodbye (fair enough).

Second date today went to see film and at the end of the night same result? She didn't give any negative responses or anything but I'm pretty confused why only a hug again.

Any advice?

Does she so any interest ?
She went on two dates with you. I think that says that she is interested. I say be a man and make a move.
Reply 2
Why do you guys always wait until the end of the date to see what happens?

Go for it really early on. That way, if she gives you the no, you can call it off and don't have to buy dinner, and it'll be early enough to get down the bar to drown your sorrows.
I've been on three dates with a guy and we haven't kissed. I am quite shy and he didn't really make a move.

Did you make a move?
Original post by Clip

Go for it really early on. That way, if she gives you the no, you can call it off and don't have to buy dinner, and it'll be early enough to get down the bar to drown your sorrows.

I hate that awkward moment at the end when you can tell your date wants a kiss. I would prefer it happening before...
Make a move
Reply 6
Original post by Charlie Bravo
She went on two dates with you. I think that says that she is interested. I say be a man and make a move.

Mmm, it's difficult to know when to make a move and it will be awkward if she doesn't reciprocate the gesture

Original post by Clip

Good advice if your pulling at a bar not so much for a date, your getting to know them at the start and at the end it's in the right setting

Original post by Anonymous
I've been on three dates with a guy and we haven't kissed. I am quite shy and he didn't really make a move.

Did you make a move?

Interesting she is a bit shy, I did try to make the move a little bit by keeping gaze after the hug and holding my head there but didn't move in for the kiss :erm:
Reply 7
Good advice if your pulling at a bar not so much for a date, your getting to know them at the start and at the end it's in the right setting

Right - but you've been out twice now. So why wait?
Reply 8
I hate that awkward moment at the end when you can tell your date wants a kiss. I would prefer it happening before...

It's really hard to tell sometimes if she wants you to make the move or not

I totally get this, but I think you just have to go for it!

It's not a situation where you're always going to know what the other person is thinking. Ask her out again, if she says yes then I'd say she's definitely interested. Then just make a move. At least if she pulls away or whatever you know not to waste any more of your time.
Original post by Clip
Right - but you've been out twice now. So why wait?

True, I guess I'm just worried there won't be another time to do this now :sad:
maybe you have bad breath. jokes.

take the lead maybe?
True, I guess I'm just worried there won't be another time to do this now :sad:

Well, ask her out again. Next time find the right time to make the move.

What, she gonna bat her eyelids at you in morse code? Just kiss her!

...lol but seriously, don't worry about what she's thinking. If it feels right for you, go for it.
Original post by bumblebee342
I totally get this, but I think you just have to go for it!

It's not a situation where you're always going to know what the other person is thinking. Ask her out again, if she says yes then I'd say she's definitely interested. Then just make a move. At least if she pulls away or whatever you know not to waste any more of your time.

True, thank you :smile:

Original post by Charlie Bravo
Well, ask her out again. Next time find the right time to make the move.

Ok thanks for the advice, going to ask her out again and then try and make a move :smile:
Original post by Alleykat606
What, she gonna bat her eyelids at you in morse code? Just kiss her!

...lol but seriously, don't worry about what she's thinking. If it feels right for you, go for it.

No but it's more complicated than that.. I can't really explain but thank you for the advice :smile:
In.my younger years I would spend time with guys and no one ever make a move.. So in the end the guy usually thought he had been friendzoned and we would stop talking after a while. So don't leave it too long. I will be honest and say I expect the guy to make the first move since this is way out of my comfort zone. If you feel she is showing interest then I see no reason why she would pull away and like other people have said.. If she does at least you know where you stand.
Original post by phunky_fresh
In.my younger years I would spend time with guys and no one ever make a move.. So in the end the guy usually thought he had been friendzoned and we would stop talking after a while. So don't leave it too long. I will be honest and say I expect the guy to make the first move since this is way out of my comfort zone. If you feel she is showing interest then I see no reason why she would pull away and like other people have said.. If she does at least you know where you stand.

Yeah that's what I plan :smile:

Thank you :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by Clip

LOL this is great!!

OP, I would be waiting for you to make a move. She is most likely interested so go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending