AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

count me in

OCR!
Hey there, I'm on Edexcel!
I'm doing OCR AS Chemistry, just finished F321 and basically teaching myself

Feeling like this thread will be helpful during the upcoming months

:p:p
I'm currently doing A2 OCR Chemistry so am willing to help. :smile: Tbh, I'm also thinking of retaking AS organic so I can secure my A this year ^^
Why doesn't chlorine react with oxygen? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
Why doesn't chlorine react with oxygen? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what context? What's the topic?
I'm doing Edexcel AS Chemistry and am happy to help out!!! :smile:
Doing AQA A2 but also resitting all of AS so this'll hopefully be great help and a bit of fun too :smile:
Original post by ellsie98
I'm doing Edexcel AS Chemistry and am happy to help out!!! :smile:

I'm Edexcel A2 so you can ask me if you have any questions!
Ooh good choice in icon :wink:
Reply 269
Woah finally updated list! :elefant:

Been super ill, haven't studied much :cry2:
I'm happy to help too, 2nd year chemical physics student, could you add me to the list?

Original post by Dinaa
Woah finally updated list! :elefant:

Been super ill, haven't studied much :cry2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by langlitz
You mean as in oxygen gas with chlorine gas? A lot of energy is required to break the O=O bond compared to the Cl-Cl bond

Not sure you meant to quote me...
Original post by Dinaa
Hello AS Chemistry TSRians!

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread, where students doing AS Chemistry, post/ask questions, and we could all help each other out?

Teaching another person, also helps you become more confident and you both develop a better understanding. I know there is an A-level chat thread already, but this should be for learning!

There is no such thing as a silly question, so ask away and hopefully, you'll find someone who can help you :biggrin:

I shall also make a list of the Chemistry students, and what exam board they're all on! So please post what exam board you are on, if you are in!

List of the students doing Chemistry!

Spoiler

Lovely helpers!

Spoiler

I apologize if I've missed anyone out, got the list from Current year 12 list! (Lazy i know) :mmm:

P.S- If you don't want to, okay, you are not obliged to do so! But please, no rude/offensive comments :tongue:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

First year chemistry student here. Did Edexcel A level chem. Happy to help, but may be a bit slow replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing Edexcel A2, fire away!
I'm studying AS Chem wow this topic will be such a help in the upcoming months!! :smile:

People who do three harder A Levels may I ask how much time daily you put into each.. I can't juggle Chem maths bio.. the thought of maths frightens me :frown:
Original post by Isabella~
My teacher told me that too! How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just had one of those times where the result was not a reflection of what you put in :/
Original post by langlitz
You mean as in oxygen gas with chlorine gas? A lot of energy is required to break the O=O bond compared to the Cl-Cl bond

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chlorine can react with oxygen, it's not much of a problem. It happens in the ozone and you form ClO.

However the chlorine that is reaction has to be a free radical and propagation mechanism has to take place.
Original post by zed963
Chlorine can react with oxygen, it's not much of a problem. It happens in the ozone and you form ClO.

However the chlorine that is reaction has to be a free radical and propagation mechanism has to take place.

So it reacts with ozone? Not O2 then? And you need chlorine as a free radical... So it's not chlorine reacting with oxygen at all...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess I have to say it: I hate chemistry. Not because it's hard. I just do not understand or comprehend it. I seriously HATE the language of it too. Coulombs, newtons, kg/ms, atoms, potassium chloride, dumb prefixes and suffixes, etc.

How can I make myself more comfortable with chemistry to know its basics and its language? It's truly crucial to me for an exam!
Hey, I am doing AQA AS chemistry so feel free to ask any questions. I like the thread, think its a great idea! Does anyone know where I can find the 2014 Chem paper and answers - I have done my mocks so wanna check answers. Anyone else done theirs???

Quick Reply