The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
This virginity rule isn't based on how difficult it is to obtain sex, that's ridiculous.

It is based on how men in the past wanted to control and limit women, allowing them to be shunned by something as simple as virginity. I guess it is still commonplace in some places in the world.

It's based in biology
Reply 81
Original post by Ekemini
Madness is an understatement. I was just shocked cause in primary school all i cared about was lunch time and how to bribe the lady for more food and break time where I could ride the scooters. When i entered secondary school my vocabulary of sexual things increased from 0-100 reeaaal quick

Hahaaaa, we were so innocent back then man. To be honest if i had my i would not even know as much as i do about sex but it feels like its unavoidable
Reply 82
Original post by luuucyx
the issue is people are told that sex is some big deal that should be kept all sacred but actually its just a human act

like breathing or eating or sleeping

but you never catch people criticising others for breathing/eating/sleeping

and if anyone says its not a natural human thing is a nob cos the whole point of life is procreation

Yes it's exactly the same because if you don't have sex at least every few days you will die everyone knows that
Reply 83
It is possible for a girl to have sex before marriage and not shag every guy she meets OP...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
no offence to your culture, super-touchy subject but

'I'm not calling girls who aren't virgins sluts but' says the men who think the girls are sluts while the men go man-slutting #actualreaosnsforfeminism

this. Places like this need feminism

Original post by luuucyx
the issue is people are told that sex is some big deal that should be kept all sacred but actually its just a human act

and if anyone says its not a natural human thing is a nob cos the whole point of life is procreation

Amen amen amen to both of these posts
Sex IS NOT A BIG DEAL
Yes of course it can be loving etc but it can also be meaningless/ about attraction and there is nothing wrong with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fideo
It's based in biology

Hahahah ok go on then explain what virginity has to do with biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by sheri3
Hahaaaa, we were so innocent back then man. To be honest if i had my i would not even know as much as i do about sex but it feels like its unavoidable

Asin. There are some things I know I wish I could erase from my mind. It is unavoidable, whether you stumble upon it or go looking for it
Reply 87
Original post by luuucyx

it's a bit more than that c'mon, you're getting naked in front of someone, opening yourself for someone or even inserting a part of you into someone and you've got to have so much love, respect and trust to do that in a way which will fully fulfil one's desires.
Reply 88
Original post by Ekemini
Asin. There are some things I know I wish I could erase from my mind. It is unavoidable, whether you stumble upon it or go looking for it

yeah it's a damn shame
Original post by Fideo
Yes it's exactly the same because if you don't have sex at least every few days you will die everyone knows that

HAHAHA no but it is a human need. simple as. it occurs in your life with a purpose to procreate, so yes it is very natural.

shaming people for having sex is so stupid and this whole thing about telling women they are worth less is insane. you're worth less if you kill someone or rob, not if youve had sex.
Original post by Ekemini
I don't understand, please explain Thank you

you have been raised to believe that this is not a double standard but the natural order, that men should have more freedoms than women and only women should be 'pure' and chaste virgins. It may be deeply held by the religion, and a very sensitive subject

I am being blasé but in truth it is quite grossly hypocritical what they are saying. You are saying men are saying 'if you sleep around, you have shamed the family, you will have a bad reputation and no man will want to marry you'-well this is them beating around the bush on them thinking that women who lose their virginity outside of marriage are over-sexual in a corrupt, 'sinful' way that 'women should not be'. This is what traditionally religion always calls 'whore' 'prostitute' 'slut'. It is typically used as a way to justify women being submissive slaves obedient to their husbands and men, second-class citizens; this is true patriarchy and what Feminism aims to dismantle, rightfully.

As my friend Eva says

This virginity rule isn't based on how difficult it is to obtain sex, that's ridiculous.

It is based on how men in the past wanted to control and limit women, allowing them to be shunned by something as simple as virginity. I guess it is still commonplace in some places in the world.

We in the UK have been working to stop women who have sex outside of marriage being called sluts, but it is not the same everywhere such as your homeland. This doesn't mean your culture is wrong or backward, but in this case the issue is hurting you and you can reject it if you want, so it is good that you are seeking understanding of it to see whether you want to embrace or reject this aspect of the culture :smile:

They are hypocrites and it's a double standard because the only reason they think the men should be allowed to sleep around is because they are men. This is another way of saying they think that men should be more free than women
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by gemmam
It is possible for a girl to have sex before marriage and not shag every guy she meets OP...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know but they don't care. They want you a virgin period. Its how the society is. I didn't invent it. That was just an example from a story my dad told me. There are girls who go around sleeping with anything that has a cock and there are some that gave it up to a boyfriend they loved. No big deal
The same men judging her about not begin a virgin all slept around too. Why aren't they shamed as well?

That is why.

Another interesting graphic:

(edited 9 years ago)
Both the man and woman should wait until marriage, it's wrong when they say the girl should be ashamed but they are sleeping around!
Reply 94
Original post by rachelc142
Hahahah ok go on then explain what virginity has to do with biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

The aim of life is to successfully pass on your genes. Men can do this practically unlimited times, so biologically the most advantageous method is to sleep with as many women as possible. Whereas women can only carry one baby at a time so must be picky with their mates and only choose the highest quality genes they can.
Original post by sheri3
it's a bit more than that c'mon, you're getting naked in front of someone, opening yourself for someone or even inserting a part of you into someone and you've got to have so much love, respect and trust to do that in a way which will fully fulfil one's desires.

no i totally agree but then you're getting more into the realms of love.

sex as a function is literally animalistic

when you go into that then fine, because its about mental maturity and confidence in yourself. the whole point of this thread said women should be virgins hands down when they marry, the issue of sex is if you're emotionally ready and the other person isnt gonna be a dick about it then its ok

women are much more emotionally involved as a result i suppose and thats probably why this whole thing is viewed like this, men find it easier to walk away from stuff. again, animal kingdom one male will have a group of females to mate with due to survival of the fittest etc
Original post by HigherMinion

That is why.

it's not 'correct' for either men to have to do the chasing because of muh evolutionary biology, or women to be called 'slut' because muh bad judgment

We need to dismantle the virginity complex for men and the slut standard for women

and yes I know you are going to say I'm asking for genocide with this.
Original post by vis break
Even worse, they're bengali.

If you're going to attempt to diss someone at least try to get your facts straight.
Original post by rachelc142
Amen amen amen to both of these posts
Sex IS NOT A BIG DEAL
Yes of course it can be loving etc but it can also be meaningless/ about attraction and there is nothing wrong with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

i read this article saying how women are taught its the most special thing ever and it results in a lot of confusing and self contempt when you make a 'mistake' as a girl. it really really does!

men have none of that, which is so crazy and un-equal
Reply 99
Original post by HigherMinion

That is why.

Exactly. Its In a man's nature to conquer. Nothing really wrong with that

Latest

Trending

Trending