The Student Room Group

why is it that some women like to remind men of their inferior station?

Not sure whether it's because the men were insulting someone's looks which isn't nice to do, but typically the response is [sic] 'as if she would ever even consider going on a date with you you pleb'

the notion being conveyed is that a man who says a woman is not stunning but OK is in denial about a woman who is way out of his league.

why is this?

as a disclaimer, as I have made many borderline misogynistic threads like this tonight and feel bad for it, I do stress some not all. But I can't say I don't see it happen, nor can I say it's not uncommon.

edit: I have received some criticisms for my original licking shoe analogy so that has been amended
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
inferior station? don't you mean inferior status and which kind of men are you talking about?
Original post by slade p
inferior station? don't you mean inferior status and which kind of men are you talking about?

in this example, guys who look at say Beyonce and go '7/10 would not bang'. So idiots who deserve it

In other examples, guys who say 'she's OK but not the most attractive to me' but still get the licks **** shoe talk

yes I mean status, do not talk to me like that, know your station slade :tongue:
I think you might be talking ****e
Original post by upagumtree
I think you might be talking ****e

I'm not, I've just exaggerated the wording a little-but I have definitely seen men reminded of how a woman they say 'she's not my type' is way out of his league (usually 'wayyyyy out of your league')
The hell is the shoe poo licking? :lolwut:
Original post by TornadoGR4
The hell is the shoe poo licking? :lolwut:

I have exaggerated 'she's out of your league bruh' for dramatic effect
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I'm not, I've just exaggerated the wording a little-but I have definitely seen men reminded of how a woman they say 'she's not my type' is way out of his league (usually 'wayyyyy out of your league')

i was just being cheeky
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Not sure whether it's because the men were insulting someone's looks which isn't nice to do, but typically the response is [sic] 'as if she would ever even consider going on a date with you you pleb'

the notion being conveyed is that a man who says a woman is not stunning but OK is in denial about a woman who is way out of his league.

why is this?

as a disclaimer, as I have made many borderline misogynistic threads like this tonight and feel bad for it, I do stress some not all. But I can't say I don't see it happen, nor can I say it's not uncommon.

edit: I have received some criticisms for my original licking shoe analogy so that has been amended

You get those responses because when someone hiding behind their anonymity criticises someone else's appearance (especially if the person their criticising is widely held as attractive), it makes sense that they're just being overly critical to mask their insecurities, ie in denial.

Also, people seem to struggle with accepting that other people find different features attractive. The notion that someone they find attractive is unattractive to another person can seem absurd to people.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Just because someone is objective attractive, does not every single person in the world fancies them.
Like I take a lot of **** from my mates because I'm not attracted to say Beyonce. Doesn't mean she's ugly, just that I'm not attracted to her.
Everyone's different.

Stop painting all guys & gals with the same (really stupid) brush.

Quick Reply

Latest