The Student Room Group

Would you rather be rich or happy in life?

Poll

Would you rather be rich or happy?

I'd pick happiness. Money can only bring you so many material possessions, and you can easily lose it in an instant aswell if you're not careful with it.

Happiness to me is in the form of being around my family, friends, doing what I love and hopefully finding a girlfriend in the near future :colondollar:

What would you choose?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Happy.

Being rich helps with this.
Happiness, of course.
Happiness. I totally agree with you. Happiness is in the form of the company you keep! :tongue: But going on that basis I suppose having a boyfriend would make one happier. So yeah! Totally 100% agree with your post.
Obviously happy. But then again, if I were completely poor then I don't think I could be all that happy...
What a stupid thread
Reply 6
Being rich would make me happy
Both, optimally.
Reply 8
Original post by bertstare
What a stupid thread

So stupid you had to click on it?
Original post by Stefano93
So stupid you had to click on it?

To inform you of its stupidity
I would rather be happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happiness is something ive longed for in a while now :frown:
Happy- the chances are that i have enough money to be leading a happy life so dont need to be rich
Happiness is money to the soul.
Happy :smile: although being rich may help to achieve that it doesn't guarantee it.
You're not doing a correct comparison. If you assume that you can lose money all of a sudden, you'll also need to consider the fact that it's even easier to lose happiness all of a sudden.
Rich. Therefore I could make those around ne happy with my wealth and make a real difference to charities instead of selfishly choosing happiness for myself.
Reply 17
Original post by queen-bee
Happiness is something ive longed for in a while now :frown:

:hugs:
Happy
But being financially stable (not rich) would probably be part of this
Original post by clh_hilary
You're not doing a correct comparison. If you assume that you can lose money all of a sudden, you'll also need to consider the fact that it's even easier to lose happiness all of a sudden.

applies to anything really, anything in this world can be taken from us; for the sake of the question it's assumed 'If this is the case' although I share your pedanticism :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest