The Student Room Group

Confused.

Hi all, I've recently text my driving instructor and arranged a date for my lessons. I'm a little confused as I thought that the learner and the instructor have a meeting before the lessons asking to see provisional, eye sight test and to ask general questions, he just said, see you on the date that I choose.
Also, he mention no payment methods, do we pay before the lessons or after the lessons?
Reply 1
i've never had driving lessons but i'd assume you would have to pay after? this is because you may overrun your lesson, meaning you'd have to pay extra? hope this helps!
Original post by Jarreds
Hi all, I've recently text my driving instructor and arranged a date for my lessons. I'm a little confused as I thought that the learner and the instructor have a meeting before the lessons asking to see provisional, eye sight test and to ask general questions, he just said, see you on the date that I choose.
Also, he mention no payment methods, do we pay before the lessons or after the lessons?

On my first lesson I took my provisional license with me and showed him him, also we did the eye test during the lesson just before I started to drive.

Payment methods will be whatever you agree with him, I paid in advance for my lessons but some people pay just before their lesson or just after etc.
Thanks both, also, does the instructor visit your house to ask general questions or is all of that done in the car?
Original post by Jarreds
Thanks both, also, does the instructor visit your house to ask general questions or is all of that done in the car?

For me it was done in the car at the start of my first lesson

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, helped a lot
Original post by Jarreds
I'm a little confused as I thought that the learner and the instructor have a meeting before the lessons asking to see provisional, eye sight test and to ask general questions, he just said, see you on the date that I choose.

That's weird, you should show your provisional license & do an eyesight test at the start of the 1st lesson.

Regarding the payment, it really depends. For example, I used to do 10 hour blocks and for the first 10 hours I paid at the start of the first lesson and the other ones I paid at the end of my 10th, 20th and 30th hour for the next 10 blocks of lessons if you get what I mean.

At the start of the lesson, the instructor should brief you of what you'll be doing this lesson so it's great time to ask any questions you have since your last lesson that you came up with (it's your first so it doesn't apply to you yet) and also during driving you should ask questions about a certain situation you're in and at the end of the lesson just ask more questions if you came up with any during your driving lesson.

As for the briefing, it should all be done in the car. It would be kind of weird if the instructor had to come into your house :s
Reply 7
When I was learning last year I read this digital mag: firstcar.co.uk/prov. It helped me a lot - guides you throigh everyhthing you need to know about learning.
RE: Had my first driving lesson today and everything went ok, we done the safety checks at the start and then we went to a spare land to practice stopping and starting and turning.
Thanks for all your support.

Quick Reply

Latest