The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain please.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ekemini
Exactly. You don't have to be married in church for God to recognise your commitments. Lord knows though, its not every time I understand what is written in the bible

Yes, so I ask again, why would you decide to abstain from sex when you have made a private vow to each other to be loyal, caring, obedient if you still have that one etc.?

In God's eyes you are married by your own definition.

That's because it is a book written as a moral code for life in circa 4C Rome that you are trying to apply to 21st century Africa.
Really hate double standards in all forms. Aiming to keep my number low but that's for my own personal and irrational self.

I don't mean for this to come across as a gay vs straight issue but last time I checked guys like sex and amazingly enough (!!) girls like sex too so two people doing the exact same thing at the exact same time...
Reply 222
Original post by Le Nombre
Yes, so I ask again, why would you decide to abstain from sex when you have made a private vow to each other to be loyal, caring, obedient if you still have that one etc.?

In God's eyes you are married by your own definition.

That's because it is a book written as a moral code for life in circa 4C Rome that you are trying to apply to 21st century Africa.

I don't really know how to answer that question. if we say we are married then obtain the legal documents then we can proceed to have sex. I am sorry I don't really understand your first question
Reply 223
Original post by jaffacake111
Really hate double standards in all forms. Aiming to keep my number low but that's for my own personal and irrational self.

I don't mean for this to come across as a gay vs straight issue but last time I checked guys like sex and amazingly enough (!!) girls like sex too so two people doing the exact same thing at the exact same time...

I know.
Original post by Ekemini
--

If all women were expected to be virgins, there would be noone for the men to sleep around with so it doesn't make sense to expect two different things because if you have one you can't have the other
e.g. if you have all women are virgins you have no guys that have slept around for the fathers to be proud of
and if all the guys had slept around and the fathers would be proud of them, then there would be no virgin women

It's illogical
This has to be the funniest thread I've gone across in years.

Thanks for cheearing me up OP :smile:.
Reply 226
Original post by Slim and proud
This has to be the funniest thread I've gone across in years.

Thanks for cheearing me up OP :smile:.

What is so funny about the thread?
Original post by MissLalaxx
Errmmm....mate you've put this on the wrong type of forum. Majority will disagree with you on here. Try nairaland instead.

LOL
Also this is a gross generalisation. But I will say this, there is an underlying property like attitude men still have towards women, so if they don't feel like they have to "share", they won't.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
No your analogy makes no sense and is quite laughable.

Thanks for the chuckle.

it's a perfectly fine analogy and here's another one, guys would obviously prefer a brand new car instead of one which has been used up by multiple other people, because it's new and fresh and you will trust that it won't let you down.
Original post by slade p
it's a perfectly fine analogy and here's another one, guys would obviously prefer a brand new car instead of one which has been used up by multiple other people, because it's new and fresh and you will trust that it won't let you down.

All you've done with this analogy is liken women to items and objects.

You own the car. Do you own women?
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
All you've done with this analogy is liken women to items and objects.

You own the car. Do you own women?

No but i see you have a feminist mentality.
Reply 232
Original post by slade p

Couldn't agree more , another exemple would be , look up this video in youtube [h="1"]Does Purity Matter? Ab-stain or just stain? that video just shows the truth lol[/h]
Reply 233
It should not be, but it is. There are many hypocrites, who had sex with their partner, but didn't marry, just to try another one. Every girl who isn't virgin will be offended. And the worst part is you cannot know it even if the girl tells you that she didn't have any pre-marital sex.
And you also have those guys calling you narrow-minded for not marrying the girl they ****ed.
Seriously, those open-minded guys, if you are so open-minded, why don't you marry prostitutes. You would be doing good to the society .Yeah, prostitutes would be better than those kind of girls, at-least they had a reason, thats to support their family. But what about you girls, you did it to have fun. Couples in my college used to have sex quite often, but didn't marry afterwards. And the best part is they are still in touch with each other, even though they are married to different people. I suppose what they would be doing in the absence of their spouse.

And all-those open minded , modern hypocrites, please stop imposing your thoughts on someone not like you. You are a free citizen, so are others. You maintain your own privacy, its your life, but don't play with others', they have got a life too.
Reply 234
Original post by Ekemini
Ok I know the title might offend some people. I am notcalling girls who are not virgin’s sluts. Over there in America or UK it isprobably not a big deal but here it is. I am African and we value values. Ifyou are not a virgin and you get married, the husband would find out (obviously)and you become a disgrace to yourself as well as your family... My dad puts itlike this: you can’t have your cake and eat it too. To Africans (ok Nigerians)the men would want you to be a virgin. My dad says that’s why I should beware ofboys. They would sleep around and do what they want but when they are lookingfor a wife they would be looking for a virgin. He gave me an example. At a friend’swedding after the ceremony a couple of men stood and started talking about thebride. What were they saying? Well they were talking about how they each hadhad a piece of the girl. They were boasting and bragging. She wasn’t a virginand all those men had slept with her. I can’t really remember if the groom overheardthem but my dad asks that why would a girl want that kind of a reputation? Why couldn’tshe just wait? Why is she such in a hurry? It’s a thing of pride if a father cangive off his daughter as a virgin. It shows that the girl was brought up rightand society would respect those parents. The questions and statements made in the last few lines were made by my dad, not me. What do you guys think?

Personally I think that the same way that a woman should be a virgin ( in this context) the HUSBAND should also be a virgin. Is it really fair to have a woman who has waited all her life to give her husband her virginity and yet he has nothing to give her?? and if he does sleep with her I guess her gift can be an STD
Reply 235
Original post by Tarims
Personally I think that the same way that a woman should be a virgin ( in this context) the HUSBAND should also be a virgin. Is it really fair to have a woman who has waited all her life to give her husband her virginity and yet he has nothing to give her?? and if he does sleep with her I guess her gift can be an STD

Its not just about virginity.. i think we will have problems regarding their past love affairs even if it didnt result into sex.. its not just about us, nobody would want to hear about their parents sexual adventures either.. when we think about our parents we would feel uncomfortable about their first love, second love or third love..

Same way, if a man has premarital sex, I expect him to be upfront with any girl/woman who is his prospective wife. I do not want a non-virgin man to marry a virgin girl.

By repeating my words, I hope people get my message drilled into their heads.

I prefer non-virgins to marry only non-virgins; but once they marry, I want them to be totally monogamous, fully committed to their partners... 100%... until one of them dies. Their colourful pasts should not matter one bit.
Reply 236
I prefer non-virgins to marry only non-virgins; but once they marry, I want them to be totally monogamous, fully committed to their partners... 100%... until one of them dies. Their colourful pasts should not matter one bit.

But why do you want a non-virgin girl to marry a non-virgin guy, surely its sex shouldn't be a problem if the couple are upfront about their previous sexual encounters.
Original post by Ekemini
What is so funny about the thread?

The naivety of it....; essentially it's in the wrong type of forum.
Reply 238
Just wondering for those that use the bible to justify this view... Have you read the bible page to page and follow everything it says? The bible was originally written in an Ancient Language or something for which the language itself had hardly any grammar and no spaces between letters e.g godisnowhere constantly. Thus, when it was translated (several times) translators would guess what to put down when adding grammar. The above sentence could be interpreted as "god is nowhere" or "god is now here" ect ect... This means that the bible that you read today could be completely wrong and you aren't even following what your "god" wanted for the human race. So when you say that the bible says that women should be virgins at marriage, it may have not originally meant that...

Just a thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slade p
No but i see you have a feminist mentality.

You don't have to be a feminist to see how wrong your analogy is.

Latest

Trending

Trending