The Student Room Group

What do you make of a girl dressed very conservatively?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haseebi82
I would prefer it personally, everyones different and have their own preferences, just don't let society dictate how you dress.

That's great to hear and I agree. :smile:
Original post by Akaribatwa
It's okay I am 18 and people in my uni they call me uncle , because of the way I dress lol.

Women of older days were elegant, with a class. Women of today are just epitomes of selfishness. The women of today have lost everything, their morale, values, integrity and those few who have it, they are the ones whom I love. Females get respect because of their good deeds, good behavior, good manners, patience as a house wife, values to the next gen. etc.not because they are girls , the few decent one like you are god gift.

aw that is so sweet, thank you. :colondollar:
Reply 22
As a male would never personally judge a girl for dressing conservatively
I don't really think anything of it tbh :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I just like dressing very conservatively or formal, I tend to look as though I'm off to some meeting or something probably because I wear a lot of black idk. I like wearing long dresses that are just above or below the knee and I'll wear those summery kimonos or cardigan with it then opaque tights and ballerina pumps or calf boots. My coat is also just below the knee and is like a long blazer. For makeup I'll just wear a bit of red lipstick and go simple on the eyes. For jewellery I like to wear pearl studs or dangly silver earrings, necklaces, rings all that. Would you think I'm just some prude or a high maintenance girl or something?

My friend commented the other day that when he saw me, I just gave off the impression I wasn't interested in anything romantic and he could get nowhere with me physically because I seem reserved. :confused:

Personally, I find that sort of clothing more appealing. :yy:
Nothing. It's a non-issue, case closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like the last out fit. the second and last are something id wear. I like wearing black alot too. I hate too bright colours and standing out. I prefer the classy elegant conservative look like yourself and theres nothing wrong with that
It's okay I am 18 and people in my uni they call me uncle , because of the way I dress lol.

Women of older days were elegant, with a class. Women of today are just epitomes of selfishness. The women of today have lost everything, their morale, values, integrity and those few who have it, they are the ones whom I love. Females get respect because of their good deeds, good behavior, good manners, patience as a house wife, values to the next gen. etc.not because they are girls , the few decent one like you are god gift.

Agreed. There was already a thread on this that men don't like slutty girls. They'll take them for a ride but at the end of the day, they're not marriage material.

It's amusing that being "reserved" is considered a pejorative now. That's just the state of your average youth today. Although, for detesting this, I get called an old man.

The best women are conservative. Don't become a degenerate.
Reply 28
Undress her.
Reply 29
Hun, I am working towards working in the world of fashion and styling folks the only issue i would say is you don’t need to dress like you are going to a funeral most days (black clothing) I love the fact you dress conservatively (as do I 99% of the time) but I would say keep the style you have but just accessories with bright coloured handbag or scarf or shoes/boots to break up the dark :smile:.
Well I think it sounds great!

But I am a sucker for conservative clothes.

I love a girl who wears a cravat.

I agree. Attraction has stopped being about a woman's intelligence or values or self respect, it's all about how much she has on display. Even worse when girls themselves glorify women just for their looks, it's so stupid. Sites like instagram and Facebook make everything depressingly worse. I cant believe how little value is put on a woman's intelligence or class nowadays. It's so depressing. society has gone to ****... It's just sad. It's as if no one has any judgement any more. Rant over
I just like dressing very conservatively or formal, I tend to look as though I'm off to some meeting or something probably because I wear a lot of black idk. I like wearing long dresses that are just above or below the knee and I'll wear those summery kimonos or cardigan with it then opaque tights and ballerina pumps or calf boots. My coat is also just below the knee and is like a long blazer. For makeup I'll just wear a bit of red lipstick and go simple on the eyes. For jewellery I like to wear pearl studs or dangly silver earrings, necklaces, rings all that. Would you think I'm just some prude or a high maintenance girl or something?

My friend commented the other day that when he saw me, I just gave off the impression I wasn't interested in anything romantic and he could get nowhere with me physically because I seem reserved. :confused:

You sound like the kind of girl I'd like to have chats with and be friends with. To be fair it's not as if men have the best judgement when it comes to women nowadays anyway. Appearing 'available' is not necessarily a good thing. The person who respects you and wants to get to know you is the right person for you.

Also, worth noting that when I was at school and dressed like you, in a conservative way, I was bullied for it and began to feel bad about myself. However when I started changing for others I just felt worse and even more lost. I wouldn't recommend changing yourself for anyone, especially not guys. Too many young girls lose their sense of self - identity by trying to conform to what guys or a particular guy wants. Whatever you do never lose your sense of self identity.
I understand! I am covered head to toe so I know exactly what you mean! I wear trousers and long sleeves and turtle necks...so I can see why I would come of as a prude. I am the total opposite, I have thought about showing it but that would mean effort and nice legs :rolleyes:... maybe one day I will but I have no problem with women dressing conservatively or revealing, whatever makes them happy!
Original post by Temporality
I agree. Attraction has stopped being about a woman's intelligence or values or self respect, it's all about how much she has on display. Even worse when girls themselves glorify women just for their looks, it's so stupid. Sites like instagram and Facebook make everything depressingly worse. I cant believe how little value is put on a woman's intelligence or class nowadays. It's so depressing. society has gone to ****... It's just sad. It's as if no one has any judgement any more. Rant over

Most of the people these people link also aren't even attractive as well. Imo attraction is not just physical, I gravitate towards people who value education, not people who show their ass; there's beauty and then there's cheap and classless .
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Temporality

Honestly, you people are so ignorant of your history. You really think this was MORE the case in the past? It amazes me people don't understand how sexist society was. You think in the 1950s guys were more interested in a woman's intelligence? The only thing that has changed is there is less slut shaming, which it sounds like you might be against (code for "class")?

Not to mention thoroughly oppressed. :yy:

Women of today are just fine.
(edited 9 years ago)

I have no idea what kimonos are but I think everything else sounds nice. The only thing I'd change is to move away from bold color dresses and go for a more feminine white, floral dress.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Not to mention thoroughly oppressed. :yy:

Women of today are just fine.

Not really and neither are men. It was terrible in the past; it's still bad now.
Kimonos? Japanese? I like kimonos. You should try something...a little bit sexy(pics below). Now it's 2015!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending