The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sohfie
I'm resitting maths - C1,C2,S1 and economics F581, F582 :frown: you take hard subjects wow

ahh best of luck, I'm sure you will be fine!! are you doing maths A2 as well? I reckon after C3 and 4 you'll be fine with 1 and 2 :biggrin: theyre alright really just require a lot of dedication!
Original post by Sohfie
I'm resitting maths - C1,C2,S1 and economics F581, F582 :frown: you take hard subjects wow

Are you a AS Student or A2?

Are you sitting C3+C4+(M1/S2)?

I'm an A2 sitting C3/C4/M1 but want resitting C2/S1 for extra ums.
They really aren't difficult once you finished C3/C4.
Original post by rachelc142
ahh best of luck, I'm sure you will be fine!! are you doing maths A2 as well? I reckon after C3 and 4 you'll be fine with 1 and 2 :biggrin: theyre alright really just require a lot of dedication!

aww thanks! yeah i am, c4 is a killerrrr! Are you doing M1? I am so screwed for the m1 exam, i don't understand ANYTHING D:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Are you a AS Student or A2?

Are you sitting C3+C4+(M1/S2)?

I'm an A2 sitting C3/C4/M1 but want resitting C2/S1 for extra ums.
They really aren't difficult once you finished C3/C4.

Yeah i'm doing c3,c4 and m1! M1 is impossible i feel like :eek:
Original post by Sohfie
aww thanks! yeah i am, c4 is a killerrrr! Are you doing M1? I am so screwed for the m1 exam, i don't understand ANYTHING D:

I did m1 and M2 last year! Honestly mechanics just clicks that's the only way I can describe it! My best advice is: 1) ALWAYS draw a diagram and make sure you include magnitude and direction for everything! 2) read the question a few times and write down the key info, eg the mass of the object, the coefficient of friction etc. 3) do everything in pencil! 4) think objectively about your answers

What in particular do you find tricky?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did m1 and M2 last year! Honestly mechanics just clicks that's the only way I can describe it! My best advice is: 1) ALWAYS draw a diagram and make sure you include magnitude and direction for everything! 2) read the question a few times and write down the key info, eg the mass of the object, the coefficient of friction etc. 3) do everything in pencil! 4) think objectively about your answers

What in particular do you find tricky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah thankyou for the advice! I just find it hard trying to understand what the question is asking for especially when it requires you to find one answer to get to the main answer I also sometimes know what you do with the information you are given, I know i sound so stupid but i just don't understand the whole physics and mechanics thing D': It doesnt help that my teachers a total d*** and makes me feel stupid every time i ask a question :l
Original post by Sohfie
ah thankyou for the advice! I just find it hard trying to understand what the question is asking for especially when it requires you to find one answer to get to the main answer I also sometimes know what you do with the information you are given, I know i sound so stupid but i just don't understand the whole physics and mechanics thing D': It doesnt help that my teachers a total d*** and makes me feel stupid every time i ask a question :l

Yeah they can be really hard but don't worry about it honestly - try and break the problem down and think about what information you have, and what equations you know that can help you get to the next step, and that's another thing knowing your equations is a very big part of m1!
That's annoying, I hate teachers like that :frown: listen if you've ever got a specific example I'm more than happy to try and help you out if you wanted to PM me any time :smile: also I really recommend the website examsolutions.net it's soo good he explains things really well!
The main thing is don't panic, you can do it :smile: as well there's numerous maths threads on here and I'm sure people would always want to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sohfie
Yeah i'm doing c3,c4 and m1! M1 is impossible i feel like :eek:

I feel your pain. I revised C3 thoroughly and am now finally scoring consistently good in past papers. However, mechanics makes me :frown: and I study Physics. :lol: In Mechanics 1, you either understand or don't understand what is involved.
I'm planning on focusing from Jan-early March on M1 since abstract maths takes longer to understand than straightforward core modules.

How did you persuade your college to let you resit all of your AS modules? My college only lets us resit 1 module but 2 at the most. I'm in a similar boat to you since I'm resitting C2+S1 + A2 maths = 5/6 exams whereas your sitting 6/6 maths module exams.

Have you seen how tightly packed the exams are? I'm only concerned at S1(5th June) & M1(3rd June) as they require opposite skills whereas core modules are easy since they are synoptic papers. What subjects do you study besides Maths?
I'm studying Maths, Physics & History. What are you applying to study at uni?
(edited 9 years ago)
I feel your pain. I revised C3 thoroughly and am now finally scoring consistently good in past papers. However, mechanics makes me :frown: and I study Physics. :lol: In Mechanics 1, you either understand or don't understand what is involved.
I'm planning on focusing from Jan-early March on M1 since abstract maths takes longer to understand than straightforward core modules.

How did you persuade your college to let you resit all of your AS modules? My college only lets us resit 1 module but 2 at the most. I'm in a similar boat to you since I'm resitting C2+S1 + A2 maths = 5/6 exams whereas your sitting 6/6 maths module exams.

Have you seen how tightly packed the exams are? I'm only concerned at S1(5th June) & M1(3rd June) as they require opposite skills whereas core modules are easy since they are synoptic papers. What subjects do you study besides Maths?
I'm studying Maths, Physics & History. What are you applying to study at uni?

When you say about the tightly packed thing mine are the same :frown: they're all in little clumps with big gaps in between which is annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you say about the tightly packed thing mine are the same :frown: they're all in little clumps with big gaps in between which is annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm with Edexcel A level maths. Wbu?
Yeah ik it's a pain.

C1: 13th May
C2: 20th May.
M1: 3rd June.
S1: 5th June.
C3: 12th June.
C4: 16th June.

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 days between my last two exams, may as well go on vacation early :lol:
I'm with Edexcel A level maths. Wbu?
Yeah ik it's a pain.

C1: 13th May
C2: 20th May.
M1: 3rd June.
S1: 5th June.
C3: 12th June.
C4: 16th June.

Yeah me too, for maths & further. Then ocr physics a.

Mine are
14th May - FP1 (resit)
19th May - G481 (resit)
Biiiiig gap
3rd June - FP2
Gap
9th June - M2 (resit) AND D1
11th June - G484
12th June - C3
16th June - c4
17th June - step II
18th June - g485
19th June - step III
22nd June - s2
24th June - d2

The Step papers are queries at the moment; I put down on ucas that I will be entering for them so I'd like to do them but as I haven't received any step based offers its unlikely my teachers will let me do them without paying myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
6 days between my last two exams, may as well go on vacation early :lol:

When do they finish ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have S1 and M3 exams at the same time but I don't really mind. I can use S1 as a bit of a warm up:lol:.
(edited 9 years ago)
When do they finish ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Start on 4th May, finish on the 21st
Original post by Bude8
Start on 4th May, finish on the 21st

D: so jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 months ish holiday before uni innit :cool:
Original post by Bude8
3 months ish holiday before uni innit :cool:

I'll still be doing exams a month after you've finished :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll still be doing exams a month after you've finished :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't even know what I'm going to do after I finish, probably learn to drive :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I don't even know what I'm going to do after I finish, probably learn to drive :lol:

I don't think I'd ever attempt driving again tbf :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest