The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whatacrydonnie
Haberdashery!

Thanks! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 181
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll make a new list, with just courses...

So QUOTE me with your course.

What's this for?
Comp Sci (with maths)
Original post by SnowyGreyWolf
This isn't Cambridge-related but something to take your mind off it for a moment - what's your favourite English word, phrase or idiom? Any answers will be posted on stillandsprudel.wordpress.com (:

Crapulence
Original post by TVIO
What's this for?
Comp Sci (with maths)

Dw I've stopped

There's a stalking page
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Dw I've stopped

There's a stalking page

LOL. Maybe delete your original post otherwise it will still get quoted :wink:
Reply 185
Guys, as a distraction post a picture of your desk/place you study!
Original post by Elcor

1420391001795.jpg
Can't say I'm proud of the mess...1420391136301.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just saw The Theory of Everything. Recognised Cambridge which was beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you cube too! Nice collection :smile:

What calc is that though, never seen it before
Original post by Elcor

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1420392510.130975.jpg
Not studying at the moment, which is why it looks neat :lol:
Original post by Navo D.
Oh you cube too! Nice collection :smile:

What calc is that though, never seen it before

Thanks!! Actually this is my collection :P 1420392611973.jpg
You cube? What's your favourite puzzle? Cubing is my life <3
That's a cheap calculator from a toy store but it's so good most of our school uses it)) it had a lid but it broke off due to over-exploitation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice cubes but...
You have your own microscope? OvO
Lol the thought of sitting down and working is crazy lol, I've never sat down on my desk
Original post by CaitlinDy
Just saw The Theory of Everything. Recognised Cambridge which was beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that the new film about Stephen Hawking? If so, I really want to watch it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Thanks!! Actually this is my collection :P 1420392611973.jpg
You cube? What's your favourite puzzle? Cubing is my life <3
That's a cheap calculator from a toy store but it's so good most of our school uses it)) it had a lid but it broke off due to over-exploitation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy... that's a lot of regular solids!
Ahaha when I say that I cube I'm just referring to 3x3 :tongue: I have a 6x6 and a megaminx but can't solve either RIP me (both were gifts)
Original post by Navo D.
Holy... that's a lot of regular solids!
Ahaha when I say that I cube I'm just referring to 3x3 :tongue: I have a 6x6 and a megaminx but can't solve either RIP me (both were gifts)

The megaminx is actually solved like a 3x3 - it's exactly the same but with 5 sides to a face instead of 4... You just do it layer by layer although the last layer is a tad bit different since the 3x3 algs don't actually affect it at that stage :smile:

Yeah you should learn 4x4 and 5x5 before doing any higher order puzzles... But tbf once you can solve those two you can solve any classic cube (even 20x20) which is why I haven't bought any of them since they tend to get more and more expensive, take too much time to solve and other type puzzles tend to be more interesting :smile:

Do you speedcube the 3x3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
The megaminx is actually solved like a 3x3 - it's exactly the same but with 5 sides to a face instead of 4... You just do it layer by layer although the last layer is a tad bit different since the 3x3 algs don't actually affect it at that stage :smile:

Yeah you should learn 4x4 and 5x5 before doing any higher order puzzles... But tbf once you can solve those two you can solve any classic cube (even 20x20) which is why I haven't bought any of them since they tend to get more and more expensive, take too much time to solve and other type puzzles tend to be more interesting :smile:

Do you speedcube the 3x3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? Yeah I managed to do half using 3x3 algorithms but got lost after that. Dunno if I'll ever go higher than 3x3 cause you don't get them here :tongue: 20x20 sounds insane though :colone:

Nah not really, I use a mix of normal solving and easy OLL/PLL cases hahaha. Managed sub 20 once though!
Hello all!

I've just realised I'm going to have another week before any reply from Cambridge... So I've decided to make an account here in order to stave off the worries of waiting. Hopefully that was a good decision.

Anyway, nice to be here :smile:
Original post by Navo D.
Oh really? Yeah I managed to do half using 3x3 algorithms but got lost after that. Dunno if I'll ever go higher than 3x3 cause you don't get them here :tongue: 20x20 sounds insane though :colone:

Nah not really, I use a mix of normal solving and easy OLL/PLL cases hahaha. Managed sub 20 once though!

Yeah I get all my cubes off eBay... The higher order ones are boring imo
There are some good youtube tutorials if you want to solve the megaminx :wink:
I think I'll learn OLL and PLL during the summer, atm I use F2L and then some random algs that are usually used for cuboids, idk why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest